PDA

View Full Version : dragging clutch or adjustment?

Evotuner1021
09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
hey guys!

So the other day i was driving out of the mall to get the freeway. and decide it punshed it a little. but notice that it wouldn't go into gear at high rpms!? :-( so I kind freaked out and decide to drive normal.. before getting home theres a back road by my house and decide to test this problem out. My cars a DD so in middle and low rpms its shifts perfectly but in HIGH rpms in gets stuck and grinds a little.

I tried from first to second... roll ... second to third roll ... and third to fourth roll ... all rolls shifting at high RPM and it did the same thing.. its gets like stuck and finally goes into gear with the RPMS start to drop down :-( :?

One of my friends told me it could be the clutch adjustment.. but i never messed with it before so i kinda discard that... cause i didnt have this problem before... im running the EXEDY STAGE 1

any ideas?! :?

Thanks O0 :mitsu:

Wimploki
09-21-2010, 05:16 PM
try adjusting your clutch so that it would grab a bit higher.Â*when turning the rod, do it very moderately. a 1/4 of a turn per adjustment should suffice.

one4
09-21-2010, 06:13 PM
+1

drifthobo
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
I have this problem at high rpms... sometimes it locks me out then finally goes in after a brief moment. idk how to adjust my clutch pedal either D:

Wimploki
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
just do a quick search and you shall find. O0