PDA

View Full Version : 2006 EVO steering noise

KRS333
09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
I recently noticed when coming out of my driveway when I turn to the right or left I hear some what of a tension noise coming from either the engine bay or steering wheel. The noise only happens when backing out or pulling into a parking space. Sometimes a small clicking noise as well. Funny things is when doing regular driving and turning it does not make that noise. Any thoughts???

Skiracer
09-23-2010, 09:05 AM
I recently noticed when coming out of my driveway when I turn to the right or left I hear some what of a tension noise coming from either the engine bay or steering wheel.Â* The noise only happens when backing out or pulling into a parking space.Â* Sometimes a small clicking noise as well.Â* Funny things is when doing regular driving and turning it does not make that noise.Â* Any thoughts???

when you go full lock on the steering wheel in a parking lot or a dead stop, it will place additonal load on the engine. So, the engine might rev up a little to compensate.

one4
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
is it a sorta like a creeking noise?

Jeffs2006EvoIX
09-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Its hard to say, could be many things, could be a bad belt, could be just the P/S pump making noise, I mean just a quick thing to try would be to get some Diaqueen PSF and siphon out what you have and put in some new fluid. Could just be your fluid is just old and not providing enough lubrication. People forget PS fluid should be changed at least every 30K. I do the siphon way about 2x's a year since new. Seems excessive, but I see it as preventive maintenance. I only use Diaqueen PSF no other brand, but thats just me.

ebevo
09-23-2010, 07:58 PM
where did you pick up Diaqueen PSF is that what's recommend for our cars?

pink godzila
09-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I have the same problem... but everytime I change the engine oil the noise go away for awhile then came back.

Im going to change to power steering oil to see if it go away...

KRS333
09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I have changed all the fluids but noise is still their. Would never made it before till a few months ago when it started. Sounds behind the steering wheel and someti
es in the center bottom of the motor. Bugging the shit out of me...