PDA

View Full Version : Spring Installl Help

ralli_kid
10-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Does anyo0ne know how to install springs that would help me do it or know somewhere where I can get them down for cheap but with great work???

evo8kid
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
where are you located ?

ralli_kid
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Anaheim but i usually am in whittier

Massimo Power
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
$120 O0

evol8
10-15-2010, 02:46 PM
there really easy to install u don't even need a spring compressor let me know if u want some instructions

popdakebin
10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure you need a compressor. They needed it for mine.

there really easy to install u don't even need a spring compressor let me know if u want some instructions

Rencii
10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you need a compressor. They needed it for mine.

well... you really don't, but as a consequence you could kill yourself haha... if you have the right tools (aka airtools) you won't need the compressors but you might destroy the o-rings in the strut.

ralli_kid
10-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Found a place that does it for 70..... but idk about the quality

HMatt
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
If you take off the shocks yourself, and take them somewhere to get them installed, you can save some $$$.

And it really isn't difficult at all... You just need a spring compressor to do it properly, and you can rent those from vatozone.

ralli_kid
10-15-2010, 09:38 PM
If you take off the shocks yourself, and take them somewhere to get them installed, you can save some $$$.

And it really isn't difficult at all... You just need a spring compressor to do it properly, and you can rent those from vatozone.

I read about the loan a tool program... I was thinking of doing that but I dont have any jack stands for the rear

HMatt
10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Huh, just two jack stands? ok... Then do the fronts, then the rears.... Problem solved.

dsmw
10-15-2010, 10:26 PM
yeah, it really is easy, rent a tool for free at autozone is great, I think pep boys does it too

HMatt
10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh, and if you know a buddy with an electric impact gun, you might want to borrow it... Or go buy one from lowes then return it when you are done. Those damn bolts on the lower control arms are a BITCH sometimes.

ralli_kid
10-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Does anyone have two jack stands I can borrow I got the car jack but no stands....

Also anyone got an impact gun

evobros
10-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Does anyone have two jack stands I can borrow I got the car jack but no stands....

Also anyone got an impact gun

swing by my house sunday homo and u could do it if u want!?!
ill show u how to but i cant do the work srry. and ur going to need a alignment after to O0

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:16 AM
what time?

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:20 AM
ummmm around 11 or 12 oh and do u have the spring compressors?????! becuz i don't

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:24 AM
where u live at? do u have evrything erlse except for that?

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:27 AM
yeah pretty much!! i have a jack and 2 stands and tools. and i stay in Inglewood

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:28 AM
I dont wanna get shot out there tho!!!!

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:31 AM
OMG wtf is up with ppl in saying that LOL u wont get shot.

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:38 AM
how do u know i wont get shot. they might think im a blood lol

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:40 AM
trust me Inglewood isn't that bad.. Ive lived here all my live, and yeah there's a couple shit that happen here and there but it all depends who u hang out with!!

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:43 AM
lol well all I really need is the jack stands i got the tools

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:45 AM
well u have a jack right!!! lift up the car leave the jack on and use the stock car jack to support it and do 1 side at a time!! :)

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 12:47 AM
well u have a jack right!!! lift up the car leave the jack on and use the stock car jack to support it and do 1 side at a time!! :)

that will take life tho!!!!

GFloresV2
10-16-2010, 12:50 AM
omg there just springs, go to harbor freight, get some jack stands, bE a man and take that shit off and figure it out. i can do it with my eyes closed. another thing you gotta figure is how much bump stop to remove or your ride will ride like a pos

evobros
10-16-2010, 12:51 AM
no it wont!! becuz ur going to do 1 side at a time anyways.. or lift up the car from the middle and place the stock jack on the side ur working.

Azian
10-16-2010, 12:53 AM
omg there just springs, go to harbor freight, get some jack stands, bE a man and take that shit off and figure it out. i can do it with my eyes closed. another thing you gotta figure is how much bump stop to remove or your ride will ride like a pos
+1 ;)

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:02 AM

I did just say I was gonna do it myself. I also know how to do it.(posted this to find some help or a place btw) Good for you that u can do it with your eyes closed obviously I cant since its going to be my first time.

evobros
10-16-2010, 01:04 AM
dont get but hurt alex he was just playing with u lol

kambodianboi
10-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Alex be a man! DIY! lol. I use my bare hands to clamp the springs. Tools, useless :D

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah well I posted this for help not for criticism nestor.... found the jack stands for 13 bucks on criagslist from some chick

@ jarrod lol I am I got everything except those stands and ima pick up the spring compressors tomorrow

evobros
10-16-2010, 01:09 AM
i know but be happy dont worry lol ;)...autozone has them for pretty cheap to negha

kambodianboi
10-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah well I posted this for help not for criticism nestor.... found the jack stands for 13 bucks on criagslist from some chick

@ jarrod lol I am I got everything except those stands and ima pick up the spring compressors tomorrow
I would help out, but someone have my stands >.< "Yoshi". Currently I have only 2 right now, unless you want to do front then rear separately.

Dang Gilbert, your still alive.

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
i know but be happy dont worry lol ;)...autozone has them for pretty cheap to negha

ima do that rent a tool thing they have lol

I would help out, but someone have my stands >.< "Yoshi". Currently I have only 2 right now, unless you want to do front then rear separately.

Dang Gilbert, your still alive.

Well I rather buy them off that chick so then I would have my own shit and wouldnt have to be asking on here to borrow... u can help if you want then we can work on both sides at the same time lol

GFloresV2
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
yeah im still here, not very much...kind of browse and then post when i find something that will give me a laugh.

working at muellerized takes a ton of my time but its all good. lots of good opportunities come out of that shop and always learning something new and interesting.

and yes to the op....i was kidding, dont be a woman, the spring install isnt to bad but like i said, a bump stop cut in the proper direction would help and not feel like your slamming the car hard on every bump.

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:19 AM
yeah im still here, not very much...kind of browse and then post when i find something that will give me a laugh.

working at muellerized takes a ton of my time but its all good. lots of good opportunities come out of that shop and always learning something new and interesting.

and yes to the op....i was kidding, dont be a woman, the spring install isnt to bad but like i said, a bump stop cut in the proper direction would help and not feel like your slamming the car hard on every bump.

It's cool u just sounded like that one guy that likes to talk smack a lot lol.

well I am dropping it on tein s-specs for the next few months so u think I would still need to cut?

GFloresV2
10-16-2010, 01:37 AM
i dont know how low those are but if they relate anything to the evo s techs.. there junk. way to low and your car will bottom all the time eventually prematurely killing the shock. it will look cool and they should be no problem to install. fronts ill need compressors and rears you can probably get done without them.

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:43 AM
i dont know how low those are but if they relate anything to the evo s techs.. there junk. way to low and your car will bottom all the time eventually prematurely killing the shock. it will look cool and they should be no problem to install. fronts ill need compressors and rears you can probably get done without them.

I know they will be to low. Just looking for a no expensive way to lower my car for now. At least until after the holidays. I heard taking the bolt from the top before removing the assembly relieves some pressure. Is this true?

GFloresV2
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
yes thats true but you always risk the pressure unloading into the fender. trust me its not a smart idea.

just take the shock off, and stand on it and take the top nut off. its not going to fly like 1000000 feet and break your face or kill your kittens or destroy the whole city, its just a shock, its not that crazy especially on a ralli art :)

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:49 AM
yes thats true but you always risk the pressure unloading into the fender. trust me its not a smart idea.

just take the shock off, and stand on it and take the top nut off. its not going to fly like 1000000 feet and break your face or kill your kittens or destroy the whole city, its just a shock, its not that crazy especially on a ralli art :)

Well if I get the spring compressors I should have to worry about that anyway correct?

GFloresV2
10-16-2010, 01:52 AM
its easier to just take the spring off with your foot on the shock and keep your hand firm against the top it will be fine.

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 01:57 AM
All right coo. How long does an install usually take? 2 hours?

@porkypine head

Well in the afternoon after I wake up since I am at work right now

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 02:03 AM
lol hahahaha no

well arent you going out with your girl?

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM
lol I do want help hahahah come with me on monday to daskids house to istall them