PDA

View Full Version : SSS hid ajustment

andrewRA
10-26-2010, 07:38 AM
I have the hid SSS package and I recently lowered the car and upgraded my bulbs to a d2s 6k but for some reason ever since I had the car the driver side light is lower and I don't get a good visual like my passenger and got worse when the car got lower I thought me upgrading my bulb would help but nope so I was wondering is it possible to adjust the headlights the raise it up other than the adjust I have inside the car

ebevo
10-26-2010, 08:12 AM
I have the hid SSS package and I recently lowered the car and upgraded my bulbs to a d2s 6k but for some reason ever since I had the car the driver side light is lower and I don't get a good visual like my passenger and got worse when the car got lower I thought me upgrading my bulb would help but nope so I was wondering is it possible to adjust the headlights the raise it up other than the adjust I have inside the car

You do realize that the driver side is suppose to be lower than the passenger side right since incoming traffic wouldn't appreciate being blinded by your HID lights.

Not sure if it's different on the Xs but on the 8/9 stock HIDs you can adjust the low beams with a flat screw driver or better yet use a socket. Crank counter clockwise to adjust beam higher but not too much or you'll be pointing at the sky

andrewRA
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Would it be in back of the headlight or the bottom

kheovnien
01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
there is a dial on the dash left of the steering wheel. if u dial it up, the lights move up. if u dial it down, they go down. they won't go very high though, but they do go somewhat low.

jamesinger
01-07-2011, 12:03 AM
there is a dial on the dash left of the steering wheel. if u dial it up, the lights move up. if u dial it down, they go down. they won't go very high though, but they do go somewhat low.

my VIII has this.
Do the IXs and the Xs?

FUEL
01-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Only the cars factory equipt w/ HIDs......all the "lesser" models do not have this nifty little leveler.... Since they don't come with HIDs and must be "Ghetto Rigged" like a Honda to have HIDs....

To the OP...... You probably put something on wrong? Or FUBARd the setrtings :buck2: ... Look through that giant encyclopedia in your glove box Mitsubishi passes off as an owners manual .... There's a lot of useful and useless information in there

Massappeal
01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
You can adjust the height with a long screwdriver in the headlight housing.
Stick it in the hole ("thats what she said!") turn a few times until desired height.
I have mine set so when you turn the little switch everyone else is talking about to raise it, it acts as blinding lights so when some tard cuts me off, I just roll it up to my desired blindness for them. For normal cruising I just keep it half way so its not blinding. Yah I can be a Dck like that :twisted:
Theirs actually a write up on it in the "better" Evo forums but if you look on top of the headlight housing you will see a hole that only a long screw driver will fit into a little screw to twist.
Hope that helps O0

fluxcapacitor3000
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
^^^ i don't see that area to turn the screwdriver. u have a pic?