PDA

View Full Version : exedy stage 1 organic clutch problem??

p.g_will
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
so i was reading reviews of this clutch, it got some good reviews and decided to go for it. i think i made a mistake.

the thing stutters like crazy on first gear like the clutch is not grabbing. i'm getting a whining noise when in off the pedal while in gear. once i put my foot on the gas the sound is gone. it smells like crap too.

my mechanic is telling me that exedy clutches are not made well. anyone have the same problems? I can't stand the noise much longer.

ercm16
11-02-2010, 09:22 PM
that sucks! go with act they have good clutches

Massimo Power
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats what will happen if you dont resurface the flywheel with that clutch. Exedy clutches are some of the best made clutches out there. They are in every Japanese car. I dont think your flywheel was resurfaced and thats why you are getting chattering noise... The whining n so on might be from a misaligned clutch but it could be other things too.. you might as well just deal with it if not then take it out and get a new flywheel and a new clutch...

4g63IX
11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I had those exact same symptoms before on a ACT HDSS. However, it was not the clutch that was not good. About 3k miles after install, I started getting bad bucking when starting off and then metal on metal rubbing sound. It was due to, two of the bell housing bolts that stretched and backed out, causing a separation in the bell housing on the top part.
I am getting the rubbing sound again, after 10k but I think this time, the TOB is the cause.

p.g_will
11-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Thats what will happen if you dont resurface the flywheel with that clutch. Exedy clutches are some of the best made clutches out there. They are in every Japanese car. I dont think your flywheel was resurfaced and thats why you are getting chattering noise... The whining n so on might be from a misaligned clutch but it could be other things too.. you might as well just deal with it if not then take it out and get a new flywheel and a new clutch...

thanks!...i might look into a new flywheel. i'm gonna try to deal with it but the sound is killing me!

p.g_will
11-03-2010, 12:53 AM
I had those exact same symptoms before on a ACT HDSS. However, it was not the clutch that was not good. About 3k miles after install, I started getting bad bucking when starting off and then metal on metal rubbing sound. It was due to, two of the bell housing bolts that stretched and backed out, causing a separation in the bell housing on the top part.
I am getting the rubbing sound again, after 10k but I think this time, the TOB is the cause.

my mechanic said it might be the TOB also