PDA

View Full Version : Zetronix ZT-2 questions ?

monkeyevo
11-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi Evo owners, I'm interested and would like to learn how to tune an evo, I got ECU flash, Evoscan, and Tactrix cable ready and

I'm going to buy Zetronix ZT-2 But Just have a few questions that need tuners and member help me out
1. Can I tune evo by Zetronix ZT-2 with out Gauge and LCD ?
2. Can I use Zetronix ZT-2 software for provide details about AFR via Laptop ?
3. Do I need anything Elses ?
4 Is this kit capable for tuning ?
http://www.maperformance.com/zeitronix-zt-2-wideband-afr-meter-datalogging-system.html.

5. Where I could get the long Cable ? I need to connect from the laptop all the way back to the Muffler.
6. Which exhaust clamp would I need ?

If you guys have link for installation before tuning or any recommend would be appreciated.

Mike W
11-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Buy local and you can get all kinds of instalation advice by people that install them in EVO Xs all the time.

1) You need a laptop to read it. You can feed it into EVO Scan to log with also.
2) Yes. That is how you read it without a display.
3) Need? No. "Could use more stuff to better effect? Possibly. A display can come in handy but that can come later. We sell the display packages at a discount.
4) The ZT-2 does not do any actual tuning. You need a Tactrix 2.0 cable and the ECUFlash software to do actual tuning.
5a) You can get a long cable from a local Zeitronix dealer :-)
5b) Unless you have a wireless connection between the laptop and the AFR stuff... yes you need a cable to connect them together. If you dont want to ride in the trunk, it needs to be a long cable :-)
6) The cool kids wire it directly into the car and exhaust system up ahead of the cat. Is this not a permanent install?

I have real world people that you can actually talk to about the instalation.

Mike W
(local Zeitronix dealer that was in on the Zeitronix design process 10 years ago)

flyingscot
11-13-2010, 06:37 AM
well there you have it!that puts an end to this topic lol :2funny:

BlackFQ
11-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Go to rre they will help you I have it and its a great product

RiG
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I have the zeitronix on my talon and I love it. You dont need anything else, but the boost sensor will help with tuning. Being able to see exactly where the turbo spools and what the exact boost is, is real nice. It graphs everything out real nice so you know exactly where to make changes. Im thinking of taking it out of the Talon to put in the Evo.

ultraflip
11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
if you're local to the LB meets...

you're more than welcome to check out my zeitronix setup w/ lcd display as well as laptop connection...

purchased and installed by road race engineering as well

BlackFQ
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Or local to the fullerton Thursday night Sonics meet ill show you my setup

jamesinger
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Beyond what Mike says in regards to your questions, I got the stage elventeenth package installed at RRE. It was a good price with install to get everything all at once. No headaches. I was in and out in one day. Clean.

For a while I had my STRI boost gauge in my car and I could see an obvious difference. The Zeitronix was way more consistent over the couple months I left my STRI in. In the end, I just went with only Zeitronix. In time, I am going to add the 2nd user option for oil temp./press. + water temp...

Zt-2 Stage Eleventeen Package:
Includes the Zt-2 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions, 2 pin EGT connector to retrofit your EGT probe and Zeitronix LCD Display with peak and hold feature. High contrast LCD visible even in a direct sunlight. Also includes the 3.5 BAR sensor and the EGT probe.

Last, Zeitronix is a local company that specializes in EVO/DSM stuff, so you can get support from them directly + RRE specializes in Zeitronix, so you will be well supported.

So, with your questions, it looks like this package would be the best deal for you in relation to what you are asking. In the end, you will have everything you need and you will not have to do the job 3 or 4 times.

monkeyevo
11-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Thank you for the helps guys, When do you guys meet in LB ? what time ? and Fullerton what time and date do you guys meet ?

Thanks Mike, Could you PM me how much for the ZT2 kit ? I might pick it up very soon !

another question is if compare to the Innovate LM-1 which one is better ?

Azian
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
I have the zeitronix zt-2 set up on my car too Pom lmk if you wanna check it out. I have it with the zeitronix gauge set up though so I can keep my afr's and boost in check when I'm driving around :) there's a couple of used kits on EvoM for $400 I think as well so browse around their buddy ;)

jamesinger
11-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I would be down to show you my set up any non-T/Th at RRE.

Mike W
11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Package prices here:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/wideband.htm

Innovate is a steaming pile of shit with no support. Check out their own forums. They went big to pump up the sales volume to sell the company and are dealing with the fallout. Super buggy software that will really limit you.

Here is one:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7033

Mike W

biggiesacks
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Ive had a ZT-2 for about a year and a half and its a total game changer as far a what you can do with your car. If you want to really utilize the technology that's available you can actually wire the analog outputs from the ZT-2 into the OEM ECU. Doing this allows you to do many things if you are running a V7 tephra rom (see ECUFlash forums on Evolutionm.net for more details). Some things im doing with it are:

1. Control closed loop AFR's (the ZT-2 can be wired into the Front 02 sensor input to the ECU and can simulate narrow band signals. This allows you to change the switch over point and thus control the target that the ecu is shooting for in closed loop)

2. Boost cut and CEL flash on AFR out of range (this is accomplished by wiring in the ZT-2 to the rear 02 sensor and setting the load and voltage thresholds). You need to be running ECU boost for the boost cut feature to work. Even without it though, the CEL flash on AFR out of range is awsome.

3. Log AFR without a serial cable connection to the ZT-2 ( This can be accomplished by feeding the ECU a linear analog voltage from the ZT-2, basically expanding on what #2 does) The serial connection is more accurate, but this can be very convenient.

Until recently it was difficult to have both #1 and #3 because the ZT2 would only output the linear signal over the wire that does narrow band switching so you had to choose one or the other. The other signal the ZT-2 outputs is a non linear wideband signal which is useful for #2 but is hard to write a formula for in a logging program. Apparently Zeitronix has released a new version allowing a linear signal from that second output so you can have both Narrow band switching and linear output. I would strongly recommend purchasing this newer version because of that feature.

Hope that helps people who are on the fence about the ZT-2.

biggiesacks
12-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh SHIT i see this is an Evo X thread..... Well hopefully Tephra ports these features over for you guys if he hasnt already. My post was mostly Evo 8-9 specific. Something to wish for i guess.