PDA

View Full Version : 18x10.5 +15 rubbing slightly..normal right?

jodanjo
11-24-2010, 12:15 AM
So today i put on mywheels in the size mentioned above...and all is good but i still rub a bit when im turning at very slow speeds like into a high driveway or somethign that requires turning the steering wheel close to the end...just wondering if that is normal? i know those are probably some of the risks we take to run some aggressive sized wheels just wanted some other ppls opinion

FUEL
11-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Any kind of rubbing or contact with sUspension parts is NOT normal. Anyone who tells u otherwise is giving u false information. You should be able to go full lock with the steering wheel and have ZERO issues. You should have NO rubbing with 5 people in the car during "normal" driving. If you are.... You need some work done or a proper sized wheel/tire combo.
Contact a professional.... It will save u time, money and headaches in the end.

There's a lot of misinformation on this forum about wheel and tire offset..... Just because it's on the car DOES NOT mean it fits properly. Don't believe me? Look at all the damaged fenders and tires on a lot of Evos .....and all the "rubbing" issues around.... Pretty sad actually when some people can't even carry passengers in their cars because "it rubs". :buck2:

jodanjo
11-24-2010, 01:52 AM
haha thanks for the info..yeah ill call the shop i went to again see if they can do anything...but im runnin 275/35 tires and im also on coilovers as well..this set up seems very common on the x..figured if i got fenders rolled/pulled plus some camber adjustment should be fine..if anyone know hows to fix this or knows a shop who is experienced let me know :grin: but i took a look..when i have it at a full lock..the tire seems to be touching the plastic covering in front/behind the tires..should i just take those out??

Mike W
11-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Experienced shop.... experienced shop... Hrmmm.... let me think.....

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/silly-stuff/experienced-shop.jpg

Gotta be one around here somewhere....

Mike W
;-)

jodanjo
11-24-2010, 02:43 AM
hahah thanks! i jsut pm'd them..but the shop i went to was also highly regarded on the forums as one of the top evo suspension shops in so cal.. just such a hassle when you gotta do things twice :-\

kandyredcoi
11-24-2010, 03:06 AM
well u gotta pay to play...aggressive fitments CAN be done, it takes time patience and knowledge (and some $ too :-P )

im actually running 18x10 +16 on r888 275-35-18...no rubbing at all on full lock...hhrrmmmm ??? what tire model and size are you running, are you running some neg camber?

limvolution
11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
LOL MIKE! I"m positive she meant RRE! I SWEAR!

x[corwyn]
11-24-2010, 09:36 AM
haha thanks for the info..yeah ill call the shop i went to again see if they can do anything...but im runnin 275/35 tires and im also on coilovers as well..this set up seems very common on the x..figured if i got fenders rolled/pulled plus some camber adjustment should be fine..if anyone know hows to fix this or knows a shop who is experienced let me know Â*:grin: but i took a look..when i have it at a full lock..the tire seems to be touching the plastic covering in front/behind the tires..should i just take those out??

muellerized.com

FUEL
11-24-2010, 10:47 AM
haha thanks for the info..yeah ill call the shop i went to again see if they can do anything...but im runnin 275/35 tires and im also on coilovers as well..this set up seems very common on the x..figured if i got fenders rolled/pulled plus some camber adjustment should be fine..if anyone know hows to fix this or knows a shop who is experienced let me know :grin: but i took a look..when i have it at a full lock..the tire seems to be touching the plastic covering in front/behind the tires..should i just take those out??

No don't remove the liners or undertray or anyother "liner" Mitsu put there... they did that for a reason. Sometimes a slight trim or adjustments will make all the difference.

and what shop did you have this done @ if I may ask?

I didn't "recommend" a place because sometimes these kinds of threads get sidetracked....but yes as Mike says.. you can go to Muellerized to get it done properly..... the FIRST time.

jodanjo
11-24-2010, 11:55 AM
well u gotta pay to play...aggressive fitments CAN be done, it takes time patience and knowledge (and some $ too :-P )

im actually running 18x10 +16 on r888 275-35-18...no rubbing at all on full lock...hhrrmmmm ??? what tire model and size are you running, are you running some neg cam

im running on hankook ventus v12 evo 275/35/18..-3 in the front and -2.75 in the back. the shop said its normal and they maxed out. but i do understand these are some WIDE tires/fitment so...but anyway ill contact mullerized for a second opinion. thanks!

No don't remove the liners or undertray or anyother "liner" Mitsu put there... they did that for a reason. Sometimes a slight trim or adjustments will make all the difference.

and what shop did you have this done @ if I may ask?

I didn't "recommend" a place because sometimes these kinds of threads get sidetracked....but yes as Mike says.. you can go to Muellerized to get it done properly..... the FIRST time.

haha ill pm you the shop name..i dun wonna talk smack! theyre a great shop with great service..cuz i do wonna go back since theyre local =p

ap1dc5
11-28-2010, 01:59 AM
i have the same problem, but i put more negative camber to fix the problem

SXanthony
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
how is 2.75 rear camber normal ? WTF what shop is this ?

Mike W
02-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Normal Herrafrush Yo!

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/silly-stuff/hellaflush-demo.jpg

Mike W

littlejap33
02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Normal Herrafrush Yo!

Mike W

lol

Departed
02-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Normal Herrafrush Yo!

Mike W

Oh herro! Classic!

GokuSSJ4
02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
OMG!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mike you're my herro!
That's the reason why mis-information in the peanut gallery can allow other users to take the wrog direction and at the same time allow shops to set up a car poorly just to "clear" wheels and tires...
I would hope a suspension" shop would base the need of the car's handling and ride quality on what the customer plans to do with the car without affecting the precious performance this car was design for.
But WTH! what do we know, +15 is mad y0!

Muellerized...
02-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Normal Herrafrush Yo!

Mike W

Mike Welch shoots and scores, time to get back on defense!

itsoem
02-18-2011, 10:29 PM
18X10.5 15 offset with 275/35/18 can be done no rubbing but it take a lot of work... roll n pull the rears, modify the rear tabs, and roll the front fenders and stretch out the front liners... Unless you have done this to other cars and know what your doing, your best bet is to take it an experienced shop and pay to play... Do your search.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/itsOEM/itsOEM/EVOX213/IMG_0920.jpg

GokuSSJ4
02-19-2011, 03:09 PM
If you're gonna post a pic as an example on what clears" after some works done to the vehicle, can u actually provide one with the suspension being fully cycle?
Since for what ever reason, and I do apologize if I'm wrong; accordingly to that picture your wheels and tires don't seemed to fully clear the rear fenders.
I might b wrong.... =/

itsoem
02-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I dont have a pic of the suspension fully cycled bro.. and I am not gonna go thru the trouble lol.... Point is, it clears just fine for daily driving my wife does.. Yes, that is my wife's car.

Anyhow, back on topic... Jodanjo, do your reserch bro, you gotta find what works for you man. Different strokes for different folks.

jodanjo
02-22-2011, 12:15 AM
I dont have a pic of the suspension fully cycled bro.. and I am not gonna go thru the trouble lol.... Point is, it clears just fine for daily driving my wife does.. Yes, that is my wife's car.

Anyhow, back on topic... Jodanjo, do your reserch bro, you gotta find what works for you man. Different strokes for different folks.

yeah thanks, works fine for daily driving after i shaved off all the pointy parts in my inner linning...and yes ill research a bit more... itsoem let me know when you wonna get rid of those rpf1s =)

itsoem
02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll get rid of them right now lol... U have PM