PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a phone to a tech retard...

turbolarry
11-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Can some one recomend a good phone? I've had the same phone for over five years and it's finally taking a shit on me. I don't believe I need a way out 4g, does everything, watch video, and walks the dog kinda phone. I've only ever used my phone for talk and text. I don't want a touch screen, I would like a full key board, I would like it to organize stuff, and maybe add web to my plan. Any ideas or suggestions for a tech retard?

dcpatters
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Are you locked into any specific provider; e.g. AT&T, Verizon, etc? If you want to add a data plan, then you need to look at smart phones, and one with a QWERTY keyboard.

Browse the websites of each mobile phone provider and check out their offerings / features of each phone. Personally, I favour the Android OS phones.

evo8kid
11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
blackberry torch has full keyboard and touchscreen though

anxiouz
11-27-2010, 03:08 PM
After messing around with a bunch of phones I went with a slightly older Blackberry Bold 9000 and LOVE it. The Torch is on my list though...it's the best of both worlds with a keyboard that slides down as well as touchscreen (which, even if you don't think you want it, it's extremely handy).

I mostly text and gmail on my Blackberry and it does both wonderfully. Call quality is WAY better than other AT&T phones I've used from Samsung, LG, etc..

osolokes213
11-27-2010, 03:10 PM
i have the torch and i can its the best phone i've ever had...i cant compare it to the iphone4, since i've never owned/used one, but the torch is well worth the buck...

evo8kid
11-27-2010, 03:22 PM
^^ i agree i love mine have no complaints at all does everything i need it to and the cameras pretty good

turbolarry
12-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I got the blackberry bold for Christmas! Yea!
Thanks fellas.
:grin: