PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 wideband will not communicate with Evoscan..help!!!

dwongcarreras
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I know the lc-1 is installed correctly because i'm able to get good readings on the Innovate AFR gauge, bought a serial-usb cable and installed drivers (the computer assigned it to com7). Have tried getting readings on Evoscan without success....
they have the following options:

-WBO2 which reads somewhere around 10.0 +/- 0.3 (I think this could be the reading from the narrowband).
-AFR MAP: Which must be the AFR from the Ecuflash map.
--LC-1 Wideband o2 e8 mod which constantly reads 14.7+/- 0.3 but doesnt move far away from those values even at WOT. It even reads these values when I disconnect the usb cable.

What am I doing wrong???

oldevodude
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
You need to go into device manager and choose a com port 1-4 and try each one. Evoscan does not like to conenct to serial ports above com 4 . Once you get it working try to remember to lug into same usb port on your machine

TeKiZeRo
11-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Use COM ports 1-4 if you can and make sure you have the terminator plugged in on the "IN" wire.

dwongcarreras
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Use COM ports 1-4 if you can and make sure you have the terminator plugged in on the "IN" wire.

I'll give it a try I did not have the terminator wire plugged in.
Thanks,

oldevodude
11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Some times reading the instructions helps :)

PS real purpose for reply is that I actually wrapped electrical tape around mine to insure it doesn't come unplugged you may or may not want to do that.

Good Luck