PDA

View Full Version : longer start up??

jodanjo
12-03-2010, 01:35 AM
so every now and then..when i start the car it'll take longer for the engine to turn on..youll hear it rev..or ticking like 5 or 6 times when it usually only takes about 2 then the car engine turns on..recently its been happening a lil bit more often..anyone know why? or is dat normal? i got no mods cept an exhaust atm..coils too but i doubt that install had any effect on what im talkin bout here..happen to anyone else? evo x gsr btw

mangoes
12-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Same thing happened to me at around 7k miles. I think it happened like 3 times. I am now at around 30k and I haven't had the problem since then. Give it a little more time and if it still keeps happening then take it in.

Taps
12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
My nines starting to do the same, but only if its cold outside.

R-EVOLUTION
12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Same thing happen to me, I have bigger injectors, so this morning I tryd something. I turnd the key to on left it for a second and the crankd her up. She turned on with no problem. I think that the weather an bigger size affects it.. Try doing the same let the fuel hit the injectors then crank it up..

3diamondxpress
12-03-2010, 09:41 AM
lol.i just posted and bump the old evo x starting thread.im having the same problem .seems to have a weak start as if battery dying.i posted the symptoms on other thread.just started happening with weather,but new car battery and fairly big battery it should fire right up.not sound weak and then start... 2010 evo x .

Gqracer
12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
You guys have to understand that the battery is located in the trunk, so there is a delay in power due to the long starter power wire.

Ixse
12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
yea.. mine had same problem, and it got worse over time (probably over about 1 year), then it would literally take 3~4 sec to start. so i just took my battery in to see if it was dying, and yes it was. replaced it, and problem solved.
also if it's the battery, the speed of cranking, when you try to turn on the engine, should slow down as battery dies out..