PDA

View Full Version : HB Speed still around?

MR Dan
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Any of you guys know if HB Speed is still around? Their phone number goes directly into the mailbox

drifthobo
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I heard it's now Cobb tuning... I could be wrong.

xmuscle
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Ya his money backer........ well backed out. Gonna re open late next month as cobb

ecko
12-08-2010, 06:20 PM
lol

HB Evo Owner
12-08-2010, 06:37 PM
cobb bought it. john will still be the tuner i believe

Monstergarage
12-08-2010, 07:49 PM
lol
LOL

dcpatters
12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
They are now COBB Tuning SoCal. Still in Fountain Valley, a few blocks over from their previous location. Their new facility opens 22 January. Check www.cobbtuning.com

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Any of you guys know if HB Speed is still around? Their phone number goes directly into the mailbox

HB Speed is closed, has been since 9/1/10
The people who worked for HB Speed were hired by COBB Tuning to Run their entirely new facility in Fountain Valley

Ya his money backer........ well backed out. Gonna re open late next month as cobb

HB Speed never had a "money backer" and no one "backed out"

HB Speed had only 2 members of the incorporation who ever had any monetary investment. No one backed out of anything.
This switch was in the making for almost a year before it actually happened. We are not "re opening as COBB"
Cobb Tuning is a completely new facility. The only thing that is similar is the Employee list. There is a new dyno, dynocell, showroom, product area, and warehouse.

Please stop assuming you know what is going on xmuscle because you have no idea.

If anyone needs us you can contact Ronnie or Jon on the contact page of www.cobbtuningsocal.com

evoIXnoobie87
12-09-2010, 10:48 AM
So...jebus has a new name to blow up evos under ;) lol jk jk. Forum drama ftw

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Well after emailing calling FB posting and what not i had no choice but to go to a competitor- and this is the story they gave. maybe a polite heads up to your past and current customers would have been nice. We wouldnt have had to ask other tuners or forums what happened to the guy that tuned our cars.

The post was was asking what people have heard. I gave what i was told when i asked other tuners what happened

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Well after emailing calling FB posting and what not i had no choice but to go to a competitor- and this is the story they gave. maybe a polite heads up to your past and current customers would have been nice. We wouldnt have had to ask other tuners or forums what happened to the guy that tuned our cars.

The post was was asking what people have heard. I gave what i was told when i asked other tuners what happened

I can understand that. Unfortunately I am not in charge of marketing, please email me directly as i would like to speak to you about this
socal.jon at Cobbtuning . com

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I can understand that. Unfortunately I am not in charge of marketing, please email me directly as i would like to speak to you about this
socal.jon at Cobbtuning . com

Email Sent

CICreations
12-09-2010, 11:29 AM
So...jebus has a new name to blow up evos under ;) lolÂ* jk jk. Forum drama ftw

http://www.mywebpower.com/graphics/sthumbs/michael-jackson/michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn-animated.gif

:2funny: J/KÂ* Good luck to you guys at the new location.

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey everyone!
Just wanted you to know that HB Speed is officially closed. Jon, Danny, Ronnie, Shannon and John have taken jobs at Cobb Tuning SoCal. We wish them the best of luck and hope you will use them for all your tuning/modification needs!!

Thanks again for a GREAT RUN and see you @ the Track!

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone!
Just wanted you to know that HB Speed is officially closed. Jon, Danny, Ronnie, Shannon and John have taken jobs at Cobb Tuning SoCal. We wish them the best of luck and hope you will use them for all your tuning/modification needs!!

Thanks again for a GREAT RUN and see you @ the Track!

There now we can quit ass-uming we know whats going on!Â* Thanks

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
There now we can quit ass-uming we know whats going on!Â* Thanks

:gheyfight:

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Does this mean no more OS tuning?

antics22
12-09-2010, 06:55 PM
You guys really need to stop with the HB speed bashing.Â* Jon and his great team of guys are working at COBB TUNING SOCAL NOW and will be open soon.Â* Â* I have had great experiences as well as people that I have referred to him.Â* Â*Nothing has happened to my car nor anyone that Ive referred to him.Â* Â* I track my car, I drive it hard at times, without any problems whatsoever.Â* Â*With every tuner, there will be fanboys and as neutral as I try to stay in that realm, Its hard to sit back and watch people who assume things based on hearsay, and go about bashing a business.Â* Â*

I really do wish Jon the best of luck at COBB and from the sound of things, its going to be a great place for car enthusiasts.

bagpipes93
12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
^I can't stop laughing at that clip haha, so epic

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 07:24 PM
no one said that. Os accounts for 1/2 my tuning revenue. Stopping that is suicide.

xmuscle
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
no one said that. Os accounts for 1/2 my tuning revenue. Stopping that is suicide.

Ohh good Thank God! Can you blame a guy for asking? I didnt know if they would be anti OS and wanna stay strickly proprietary. Good news bro

HB Speed
12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Yea I know I get that a lot. No worries

Ohh good Thank God! Can you blame a guy for asking? I didnt know if they would be anti OS and wanna stay strickly proprietary. Good news bro

triguy
12-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Looking forward to coming in for an E85 tune when the shop opens.Â* Jon did a great job tuning my old WRX and now my EVO X.

HB Speed
12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Be sure to come check out the grand opening for Cobb Socal with food, cars, vendors, etc. on Jan 22nd 11am-4pm! Everyone is welcomed!! :smitten:

Mister
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
^I wish you the best on the new venture Jon. I will try to make it out to the opening.
You mentioned a new Dyno and test cell. Very nice....What type of Dyno will Cobb Socal be using?

o-townFLA
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Pu-tang dyno.... And jon you make me scream.....

HB Speed
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Yep Mudstain dyno FTW

AWD-500-SE