PDA

View Full Version : Evo X No Crank No Start

hpd_wally
01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Had my first major kafuffle with my X today.

It currently powers up, I can flash in and out with tactrix cable, and when I attempt to start with the key forwards, I hear a relay click, but the starter does not engage. I tested the starter realy, its okay, I jumped the start realy, and the car would turn over, but not fire. I tried push starting it, and it would not apply fuel or ignition.

I feels like the ecu is not sending the start signal to the relay box, or applying the ignintion/fuel. I am assuming the imobilizer is pissed off.

I was at work, just did an oil change, and did the maintenance reminder reset with ign off, pressing the info button a few times. Reset the maintenance schedule after pusshing a few buttons for a while. I also removed the ecu to look at it, and placed it back in to the car.

I did a 20 minute power cable reset, I succesfully did a recovery flash and now had to leave the car and work and walk home >:

Has anyone had an issue close to mine? I am reading the tech manuals and wiring manuals, and will try again tomorrow to help fix my car.
With my 3-port setup, I am pretty sure I voided any warranty that I had

blkside
01-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Nope .... I have the tendency to let people who tune tune... I can wrench but I'll leave the ecu to the experts...

Good luck bro....

You can always try up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right BABA select start

FUEL
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
The ECU probably locked you out.

GL with that

hpd_wally
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Unlucky for me the guys at south coast only sent me home with one key for the car >: Can't inffer it is is the key or not.

I saw a method for re-pairing keys for the evo 9, using a short to ping 1 and 4 on the odbi plug, ign off, and hitting the 4-way flasher 6 times, and the lock button on the key 3 times.

Has anyone confirmed if this works for the X's?

hpd_wally
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Update:

I finally drove the car home, its not the immob, seems to be more related with either the starter signal coming from the ecu, or the clutch engagment switch.

I temporarly wired a hidden momemtary switch to the ign1 side, and direct into the starter relay in the main box, she lights up now without the clutch, I should have more time and space at home to properly get this working

2muchboost
01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Crazy ish .. I wouldn't have known what the heck to do lol

Black Evo Beauty
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
take it to a shop

Mike W
01-11-2011, 02:03 PM
This is with a regular key car or a Fast Key?

Mike W

hpd_wally
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
This is with a regular key car or a Fast Key?

Mike W

It is a single regular key. Upon my search of the internets, I found many stories of people with weird things happening to their FAST system.

Car has been perfect for the past 2 days at work though

Mike W
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
OK. I had an idea to check if it was fast key silliness.

Looks like the best way to get it working then if it does it again, is to have it towed somewhere (far and expensive, paying out of your own pocket). Then when the mechanic goes to check it out, it will just work perfect for no reason. Then if you go to an abandoned town in the Mojave desert and zombies attack, then it wont start again. You'll have to have it towed to a mechanic at great expense to have it work again.

Mike W

FUEL
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Mike... if the Fast Key acts up.... u can't just pull the key out from the fob and use that to start the car "normal" style? This is of course if the ECU hasn't been FUBAR that the car "locks" a person out? My small can of mace might not be able to hold off too many zombies :buck2:

Mike W
01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Had a car here that had a misbehaving Fast Key. It worked only if you took the key out of the sheath, flipped it around and stuck it in the sheath gizmo backwards. Like a shank. Stab a few zombies in the eye socket with it if they are close. Then you can use it to start the car. On this particular car it wouldnt work with the skinny key alone. Had to be stuck in the holder thingy.

Mike W

FUEL
01-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Well good thing I have AAA if that ever happens .... no need to stab any zombies in the eyes if it doesn't start on its own ... I don't like / want any blood on me :buck2:

I'm skerd of hepatitis aids and other cooties and stuff

AlphaKennyBody
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I was going to mention the Clutch switch but you seem to know it already. You mentioned it's not the immbo check and see if your getting any Signal main wire from the ign to the mainbox to the starter relay... I hate electrical so I wouldn't have a clue