PDA

View Full Version : Got Looney Tuned on Friday Graph ect...

DynamicEVO8
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Here you go... Mad props to Naji. It was really cool doing a road tune, and I felt really involved. Thanks again Naji!

Mods:
Invidia o2 housing
RS-R down pipe-Test pipe
Greddy Ti-c Catback
HKS 272's
AEM intake
Brian C. Springs/Ret....
Greddy Cam gears
Walbro

biggiesacks
01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Looks good. I didnt see a boost controller in your list of mods, are you using Factory ECU boost control?

DynamicEVO8
01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Looks good. I didnt see a boost controller in your list of mods, are you using Factory ECU boost control?
yup

hl.girl.cris
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
add SAE correction and you'll get a more accurate graph/lower numbers. i also hope you used the correct weight and tire size... why is the smoothing factor 7?

what are your cam gear settings?

G20
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
^smoothing factor 7 actually lowered the number because the higher ones got smooth out. 35xx lbs is reasonable for 2 people in the car.

Boost is a little conservative so the torque number.

DynamicEVO8
01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
add SAE correction and you'll get a more accurate graph/lower numbers. i also hope you used the correct weight and tire size... why is the smoothing factor 7?

The HP was right...and im running -2 -1

Black Evo Beauty
01-18-2011, 09:20 AM
u need more tq

DynamicEVO8
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Yea i dont understand why it was soo low....well i guess the 8 turbo doesn't help.

Massimo Power
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Looks like a great safe tune Nico... The biggest thing is that you notice a difference before and after correct?

The previous "tune" was crap

:smitten: naji for safe bullet proof tunes!

Let me know when you can make it back here if those brakes don't stfu after breakin lol..

Pm me!

evoIXnoobie87
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Naji is such a better tuner than that douche Ralliinspired. im glad that guy got banned, screw non-paying vendor wannabes :p

one4
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
^Um ok...

Very nice tune. Bet Ur car is way happier now!

DynamicEVO8
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Looks like a great safe tune Nico... The biggest thing is that you notice a difference before and after correct?

The previous "tune" was crap

:smitten: naji for safe bullet proof tunes!

Let me know when you can make it back here if those brakes don't stfu after breakin lol..

Pm me!
Thanks man, Yea the I noticed a big difference. My throttle hang is gone, and the car has so much more high end power with this tune i love it...Yes and the brakes are a fucking nightmare haha

DynamicEVO8
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
^Um ok...

Very nice tune. Bet Ur car is way happier now!
Thanks, and yes my car is very happy. And why is that dude bashing on RICK??

hl.girl.cris
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
add SAE correction and you'll getÂ* a more accurate graph/lower numbers. i also hope you used the correct weight and tire size... why is the smoothing factor 7?

when it comes to VDs, weather correction goes a long way in giving an accurate graph peak numbers aside (which will go lower).Â* A lower smoothing correction also give you a better idea of powerband.Â* If you tuned on a level/smooth enough surface there are few reasons the power band shouldn't be smooth.Â* Even going back to Naji using DLL i've seen really high smoothing.Â* VD's go beyond just estimating your HP and TQ for sake of e-penis numbers.Â* Naji has a bullet proof method of tuning that works for him but no matter who does the tuning you really need to look into the details and stop taking things at face value.Â* Â*This is why i asked Naji to start using data plots on VD and un-smoothed boost and AFRs not for me but so that you get an accurate graph and data.Â* Â*At least Naji offers graphs unlike some of the other "wannabes" as that moron evoIXnoobie87 put it O0

Naji is such a better tuner than that douche Ralliinspired. im glad that guy got banned, screw non-paying vendor wannabes :p

what the hell does this have to do with anything?Â*Â* :roll: Troll... come back when you have something worth adding and use your real name.Â* You've got some big balls just opening your mouth on a forum like every other ignorant fuck with nothing to back up anything you say.Â* Pulling people into shit for no reason is pathetic and what does one have to do with the other? :uglystupid2:

biggiesacks
01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Throw some E85 at it crank the boost a little and gain at least 50ftlb's of torque everywhere. Best bang for the buck mod out there, and im sure Naji can set you up with map switching in case, gasp, you have to switch back to 91craptane

DynamicEVO8
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Throw some E85 at it crank the boost a little and gain at least 50ftlb's of torque everywhere. Best bang for the buck mod out there, and im sure Naji can set you up with map switching in case, gasp, you have to switch back to 91craptane
I wish i could run E85 but im in HB....There isnt shit down here for e85

DynamicEVO8
01-18-2011, 01:05 PM
add SAE correction and you'll getÂ* a more accurate graph/lower numbers. i also hope you used the correct weight and tire size... why is the smoothing factor 7?

when it comes to VDs, weather correction goes a long way in giving an accurate graph peak numbers aside (which will go lower).Â* A lower smoothing correction also give you a better idea of powerband.Â* If you tuned on a level/smooth enough surface there are few reasons the power band shouldn't be smooth.Â* Even going back to Naji using DLL i've seen really high smoothing.Â* VD's go beyond just estimating your HP and TQ for sake of e-penis numbers.Â* Naji has a bullet proof method of tuning that works for him but no matter who does the tuning you really need to look into the details and stop taking things at face value.Â* Â*This is why i asked Naji to start using data plots on VD and un-smoothed boost and AFRs not for me but so that you get an accurate graph and data.Â* Â*At least Naji offers graphs unlike some of the other "wannabes" as that moron evoIXnoobie87 put it O0

what the hell does this have to do with anything?Â*Â* :roll: Troll... come back when you have something worth adding and use your real name.Â* You've got some big balls just opening your mouth on a forum like every other ignorant fuck with nothing to back up anything you say.Â* Pulling people into shit for no reason is pathetic and what does one have to do with the other? :uglystupid2:
Haha....I wish i could understand what your saying but im really new to the whole tuning game....:(

biggiesacks
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM

Haha....I wish i could understand what your saying but im really new to the whole tuning game....:(

I think what HL.girl.cris is trying to say is, not all tuners are honest. Some will tamper with settings and other variables to give the illusion that they are actually improving your performance when in fact they arent really doing anything. Even when dealing with well known tuners or any "professional" its a good idea to invest some time researching the work that they are performing so that you can identify a solid job from a hack. hl.girl.cris is talking about is obtaining detailed information from the tune to determine if its valid or just a crock of shit. Like all things in life, it pays not to be a sheep.

On that note from what i have heard around this community Naji does solid work and is not one of these hack "tuners". I have not had the pleasure of having him tune my car but i did purchase some tires from him a while back, and he came off as an honest respectable guy.

hl.girl.cris
01-18-2011, 01:31 PM

I think what HL.girl.cris is trying to say is, not all tuners are honest. Some will tamper with settings and other variables to give the illusion that they are actually improving your performance when in fact they arent really doing anything. Even when dealing with well known tuners or any "professional" its a good idea to invest some time researching the work that they are performing so that you can identify a solid job from a hack. hl.girl.cris is talking about is obtaining detailed information from the tune to determine if its valid or just a crock of shit. Like all things in life, it pays not to be a sheep.

On that note from what i have heard around this community Naji does solid work and is not one of these hack "tuners". I have not had the pleasure of having him tune my car but i did purchase some tires from him a while back, and he came off as an honest respectable guy.

thank you. My point is that as is Najis number read on the higher side closer to dyno jets on average and with no weather correction the numbers will come out higher.Â* Nothing wrong with that but just for sake of knowledge its something everyone should know.Â* the other point however is that the power band you see on the dyno graph will look different and more accurate with a lower smoothing and actual SAE correction.Â* Tuning goes beyond just making some number on a graph; its about the entire power band.Â* So as i said, and i'm not making Naji out to be a hack, you need to educate yourself.Â* Anyone can make a car feel and perform faster just reading that essay he wrote and thats why i said his methods work for him. A lot a lot of hacks try do that and its funny seeing Naji like tunes out there which doesn't make it the right way of tuning either.Â* There is a difference though between someone who only tunes on the weekends and someone who tunes day in and day out dyno or not.Â* I'm just trying to help you realize certain things and make sure you get the accurate information you deserve. O0Â* If everything checks out how its supposed to then great i'm happy, if not then something needs to be done and i hope i helped you and others realize it when looking at graphs and charts.Â* Its not voodoo or rocket science... it's not easy either but the more you know the better.

canyonkid
01-19-2011, 02:35 AM
fucken lame fuck! Lol so pathetic ...

gsrIXevo
01-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Congrats on the Tune... but please keep this thread clean.

4G63 FEVER
01-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Slap a 9 turbo on it and get a bigger IC and you will be real happy! It will bring it alive for sure without E85.

Oh and HL GL Cris STFU. As long as he is hapy with what is done is all that matters.

It's obvious that you are a fanboy or girl whichever the case may be of another tuner. Bottom line on his tune is it's a road tune done in real conditiions not on a set of rollers.

DynamicEVO8
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
^^^ :grin: :grin: :grin:

thatoneguysmells
02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
How do we get a hold of Naji? I want him to tune my car! Do you have an email or phone number for him? I can't find him on this site, there is no member search function.

one4
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.looneytuning.net/info.html

thatoneguysmells
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you!

DynamicEVO8
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
^^Just a heads up....when you get your car tuned by him make sure all your hose clamps are tight, and no boost leaks....That drives Naji crazy! haha :grin: :grin: