PDA

View Full Version : cobb access port vs reflash and tune

martinezusn
01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
so like all of us gear heads i was wondering wat would the pros and cons between the 2 . i know the ap is like 600$ brand new and it helps read trouble codes and has stages for tunes..but im looking at the long run picture for the 2. i was thinking of going to Cobb in Socal and get a AP and a tune or goto RRE and get tuned there....i would like some input cuz my X needs a tune real soon.... :grin:

unchi
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
The accessport allows you to store multiple maps, datalog, has gauges (boost, knock, load) and revert back to stock @ any point you choose.
A Custom tune is recommended for any car.

Reflash tunes can have 2 maps (flashed to ecu) but require a laptop and cable to data log and flash back to stock
Unless you go back to your tuner to have that done.

Both have the ability to produce the same EXACT tune, it just depends on what you want personally.

PM me for a deal, we do both

martinezusn
01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
iight kool. just curious though i got someone selling me there AP used. would it will still work ?as long as its un married right? and for them to unmarry it they can do that within the AP or is it 1 AP per 1 car only.....thankx. yea i think was talking to danny threw facebook about coming for a tune. but when will u guys start making appts cuz we all been waiting lol

unchi
01-19-2011, 02:54 PM
iight kool. just curious though i got someone selling me there AP used. would it will still work ?as long as its un married right? and for them to unmarry it they can do that within the AP or is it 1 AP per 1 car only.....thankx. yea i think was talking to danny threw facebook about coming for a tune. but when will u guys start making appts cuz we all been waiting lol

Yes, as long as he uninstalled/unmarried the AP from his car you are good to go with a used AP.
He must actually plug it into his car to unmarry the AP.
We plan to open as soon as our construction is finished. Probably early/mid February.
Stay "Tuned!" for our "Official Grand Opening"
However this Saturday if your in the area we are having a meet at the facility, so people can chat and see whats going on so far along with eating free food (first 250 people)Â*O0

martinezusn
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
im sold! wat time?

unchi
01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Meet is 11am-3pm, food is 1230-130pm O0

martinezusn
01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
sounds good. ill be there
O0

martinezusn
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
just curious how much u guys selling the AP and with a tune. oh yea i forgot to mention im military, any good discounts?.... i wana see how much my car is pushing .. :coolsmiley:

unchi
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM
just curious how much u guys selling the AP and with a tune. oh yea i forgot to mention im military, any good discounts?.... i wana see how much my car is pushing .. :coolsmiley:

PM sent!

raz0rbladez909
03-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Can I get a pm too? i'm military as well ;)

unchi
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Can I get a pm too? i'm military as well ;)

"You got mail" O0

CICreations
03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
AP?? EWWW!

unchi
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
AP?? EWWW!

Thanks for your great input..and nice sig

CICreations
03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
lol, there's some history behind that...
Let's just say I use to have an accessport, loved it, and miss it if it gives you any indication of what side of the argument I was on. The signature is pure sarcasm.

unchi
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
lol, there's some history behind that...
Let's just say I use to have an accessport, loved it, andÂ* miss it if it gives you any indication of what side of the argument I was on. The signature is pure sarcasm.

O0 :smitten:

raz0rbladez909
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
I've heard that having the AP on your car vs just having the ecu reflashed, will leave indications of a previous flash that dealers may pick up. Is there any truth to this?

unchi
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
I've heard that having the AP on your car vs just having the ecu reflashed, will leave indications of a previous flash that dealers may pick up. Is there any truth to this?

If you uninstall the AP (unmarry) it will load the stock rom back on and will not leave indications. (Just like OS flash)

Skiracer
03-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Make an AP for my new car: Owwdee S4 please.......

RALLInspired_
03-25-2011, 03:19 PM
A COBB AP makes life easier on your end.Â* The best way to go is a "protune" or custom OS to maximize power (even more money).Â* Over a OTS (of the shelf) stage 2 map there is a good amount to gain.Â* Peak boost is left lower, and the timing up top is a little too aggressive.Â* 17-18* on 91 causes knock at the AFRS, and boost by redline. The knock sensor settings could also use a little tweaking ;)

Rick B.

jodanjo
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
hi can i get a price quote for an ecuflash? and how long it would take =)

unchi
03-28-2011, 10:09 AM
hi can i get a price quote for an ecuflash? and how long it would take =)

PM sent

mazdaspeed619sd
03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I am no Evo, but I do love my AP2. I got it velcro'd to my dashboard. So whenever I want to use it when I drive, I can just stick it to the dashboard plug it in and BOOM! The only thing I wish was that there is a OFF button. Or next update has a OFF option. It gets tiresome when I want to check my vitals and I have to plug and unplug time after time. But ehp, thats just me being lazy hahaha.

unchi
03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I am no Evo, but I do love my AP2.Â* I got it velcro'd to my dashboard.Â* So whenever I want to use it when I drive, I can just stick it to the dashboard plug it in and BOOM!Â* The only thing I wish was that there is a OFF button.Â* Or next update has a OFF option.Â* It gets tiresome when I want to check my vitals and I have to plug and unplug time after time.Â* But ehp, thats just me being lazy hahaha.

I will let the engineers know the people want a on n off button! O0
Thanks!

mazdaspeed619sd
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Sickkk! I actually called up one time asking how do I turn off the AP2.

servoz
06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Make an AP for my new car: Owwdee S4 please.......

Agreed^

unchi
06-30-2011, 01:25 AM
I am no Evo, but I do love my AP2. I got it velcro'd to my dashboard. So whenever I want to use it when I drive, I can just stick it to the dashboard plug it in and BOOM! The only thing I wish was that there is a OFF button. Or next update has a OFF option. It gets tiresome when I want to check my vitals and I have to plug and unplug time after time. But ehp, thats just me being lazy hahaha.

You can wire a switch inline to the 12V power to your OBD2 port
flip switch off goes ap

mazdaspeed619sd
06-30-2011, 09:07 PM

You can wire a switch inline to the 12V power to your OBD2 port
flip switch off goes ap

hmmmz good idea. never thought about it. now just got to find a place to put that switch.

White Evo 4b11
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
i'm also debating between this my tuner told me to get open ecu tuned but this AP is really catching my eye

STIH8TER
12-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Cant wait to get tuned from Cobb after I get my Tomei UEL headers.