PDA

View Full Version : 120k service

squirrelmastah
01-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Just want to know what will I need in regards to service. I know i have to do another 60k. Is there anything additional I should do because of mileage.

Mods are:
Full tbe
3.5 Fmic
LICP and UICP
Walbro 255lph
Kelford cams 272
Supertech springs and retainers.
FP RED.

My last install there was my clutch, Fp red and a dual tune.

What recommendations do you have? and how much?

Mike W
01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
A 120k is pretty much a 60k as long as everything else was done on schedule. But at this mileage, how you have been driving and just dumb luck starts to factor in. Around now is time for a water pump to go, seals starting to dry out and leak,alternator or starter might go out.

It all depends on your budget and how lucky you feel. There are 5 seals and the water pump and the timing belt tensioner under the timing cover there. Also the timing belt tensioner pulley and the fixed idler pulley for the timing belt. Add in a tensioner pulley for the balance shaft belt and you can really spend some extra money if you wanted to while you are in there. Ignore all that extra stuff and if it fails, you are right back in there again.

In the end, as the mileage racks up, things need a better going over. Your budget sets how much you get into replacing things for preventative maintenence vs waiting for things to die and then doing it.

Mike W

squirrelmastah
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
When can i stop buy so that you guys can look at my car and get a quote. Give me the price on all of the replacements ( cost and labor).

i also wanted to buy a better clutch and an IM (magnus V5). I am getting a lockout issuese past 8k ( i believe my name on the tune was George Pinto). My clutch right now is the ACT hdss with a prolite flywheel.

PM me price. and give me a day i can stop buy. I daily driver my car so i would prefer a Friday.

Mike W
02-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Call Sam in the office or send an e-mail to [email protected] to get more specific details lso your clutch may be able to be adjusted better.

A straight 60k service price (as recommended by Mitsubishi) is listed here in the RRE forum on So Cal EVO stickied at the top. You can stop by any day to get things checked out, advise and detailed pricing.

Mike W

squirrelmastah
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Thank you, I will stop by soon

squirrelmastah
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Just sent some the email over.

I have another question that i did not address. Which cheap weight reductions would you recommend. I want the car light for racing purposes.