PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I CLEAN MY ARC BOX INTAKE FILTERS???

Cristian1585
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
This is the first time I have an ARC BOX Intake and both of my filters are super dirty....I have done some research and asked around and the answers I got so far is that I have to buy new filters, which cost around $100 each. Is there a way to clean the ARC BOX filters with soap or water or any other fluid??? Please let me know your input. Thanks!

choicelaw
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
You can use any sponge based filter cleaning detergent that they sell in auto stores.Â* I have cleaned my ARC filters this way without any problems.Â* Just be sure not to tear them up, and allow to dry completely.Â* Â*O0

Cristian1585
01-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Cool! Thanks bro!

littlejap33
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Make sure you don't over oil them just a little bit. Also I've tried simple green and it works :]

hardcoreracing
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
If you need new replacement filters Mike at RRE has a pair. PM him or email him at [email protected]

Evo-Horchata
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
i had the same problem dude, went to autozone/o reilly and bought some air filter cleaner ...

sprayed a bit on it, let it clean up, washed thoroughly to make sure all cleaner was gone and let the filters sit forever cause they do take time to dry haha but all went good and looked brand new red

Cristian1585
03-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all the replies this helps a lot!

Blaze
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
If you need new replacement filters Mike at RRE has a pair. PM him or email him at [email protected]

That is correct. While you can remove the filters and shake out some of the debris, foam filters will break down over time and need to be replaced. They are not servicable so soaps or other chemicals will hasten this process.

I used to change mine out every other oil change. You don't want them breaking down and getting onto your MAF or impacting with the compressor wheel.