PDA

View Full Version : SSP Exposes Getrag SST

zeRep85RA
01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Interesting find from SSP...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-all-equipped-models/535589-getrag-sst-exposed-must-read-x-mr-owners.html

zeRep

Blaze
02-07-2011, 03:52 PM
If the transmissions are made by a third party, it would stand to reason they might make a few marks on them If you look at the chassis of any car, there's plenty of white writing either to denote where something goes, what product line it's for or to help with alignment during installation.

Sucks that a careless tech left his alignment tool in there, but I don't know if I'd jump to a conspiracy theory over this. I mean what's the hypothesis here? We have refurbished units in new cars?

hakmeister
04-10-2011, 07:30 PM
if its true. theres gonna be a huge lawsuit lol

blkside
04-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Really... what are you going to sue them for?

Id like to sue you cause I have the feeling with this sudden burst of you posting random nonsense you are trying to sell something... What are you trying to sell Troll....

jamesinger
04-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Really... what are you going to sue them for?

Id like to sue you cause I have the feeling with this sudden burst of you posting random nonsense you are trying to sell something... What are you trying to sell Troll....

Then I am going to sue you. I don't know why yet but I will!

TJC
05-08-2011, 09:41 PM
All manufacturer's contract parts out to many vendors and they do have to meet manufacturing specs and tolerances. If it's some kind of QC/QA and they are catching their own problems, I see no problems with markings and rebuilds as long as they are NOT used/old parts and actually corrected to meed all the manufacturer specs and tolerances and is as good or even better than the ones that do pass factory standards the first time around. BUT, obviously leaving tools in the assembly is inexcusable and unforgivable. And should Mitsubishi as a company see's one particular source as a liability, I'm sure they will rectify the problem asap or they will not remain as a source for long, or Mitsubishi as a whole will either see lawsuits or eventually lose customers. But now with the whole nuclear disaster there in Japan, who knows how strained they are with their supply chain and maybe don't have many options either =[ If there is a good paper trail, they should even be able to trace it down to the exact technician that did that shoddy work and they should be fired!