PDA

View Full Version : bad slave already?

stormbird
02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Go figure, a couple hours after I post on Mocohead's thread my clutch starts acting funny.

2010 Evo X GSR
5200mi
totally stock, I haven't even had time to take anything apart to really learn the car yet.

problem: clutch pedal is slow to come up when I lift my foot. meaning if I lift my foot up at the normal rate the pedal doesn't keep up. (slave cylinder?)

Depressing the pedal feels normal. clutch function appears normal.
no leakage of fluid around slave or master that I can see. pushrod end of slave still has grease on it.

It is the slave that controls the push back on the pedal correct?

Thanks,
Jason

Andrew@9k
02-14-2011, 12:49 AM
if there are no leaks near your slave and or around your CLUTCH master cylinder. Usually when they get stuck to the floor and you have to physically pull the pedal back its the Clutch master and not really the slave. good luck

stormbird
02-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Well it was a couple days with the same behavior before I had it towed to a phoenix dealership as there isn't one in Tucson anymore.Â* The dealer called later and said it worked fine for them??Â* I swing by the next morning and sure enough it was back to normal. WTF?

At least I have a service record describing the problem if it happens again.Â* The really cold temps that week really shouldn't have done it, so the only other thing I can think of is somehow it got air in the clutch line and the tilting on and off the flatbed worked it loose.

Of course the dealer denied all knowledge of CMC failures on the Evo X's too.Â* I don't know if that is just the company line or Mitsu HQ just doesn't pass along the info.

Your RX-7 is badass btw. O0