PDA

View Full Version : Check out Dash Conversion

MA70Snowman
02-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, I've recently done the LED conversion in my 2010 EVO X, to BLUE and White, IMO turned out great.Â* Here's some sample shots from my own EVO. I converted the entire radio display, the Climate controlls as well as my steering wheel, the and the two traction/steering control buttons.

These pictures were taken w/ my display set to a medium intensity, this is a very soft light w/o it being intense, The "overall shot" was set to a higher exposure to show the vibrance of the color but in now way reflects the intensity of the lights.

Clock Display - http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7757/clockdisplay.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/clockdisplay.jpg/)

Dash shot - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2338/radio1w.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/radio1w.jpg/)

Climate Control - http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6213/climatecontrol.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/i/climatecontrol.jpg/)

Overall Shot - http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9329/overallshot2.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/overallshot2.jpg/)

IF anyone is interested, Find me under the vendor forums for install/conversion services, for those that are local to Oceanside you can drop them off, or you can ship them to me. IF you don't know how to get the parts out I can help you w/ removal instructions.

ANY thoughts or comments on the current pictures are welcomed in the thread as well as general questions. If your interested in having this done please EMAIL me at Screen name @ao l. co m

I can do pretty much any color combination, if you want to use the "overall" shot you can use paint to circle areas you'd like modified in what color.

If this is in violation of any forum rules I apologize, and I do believe this is the right location for this thread.

-Steve

Dubs46
02-12-2011, 11:40 AM
looks good man, how much is it to do something like this?

muddyIX
02-12-2011, 12:02 PM
looks good!

MA70Snowman
02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
The Materials vary depending on colors.Â* and that's just the LED's
ANd thanks for the compliments. It's so much nicer on my eyes IMO especially with an Octane blue car. and it matches the drivers console better in the '10's because of the new display.

R-EVOLUTION
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Can something like this be done on the 8/9's dash

MA70Snowman
02-12-2011, 05:03 PM

I wouldn't personally know about those. but anythings possible.

BigDaddyLex
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
im interested . i dont need the clock done tho i have a different head unit.

MA70Snowman
02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
im interested . i dont need the clock done tho i have a different head unit.
e-mail or PM me.

SAVAGEcorpsman
02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
If you could do this on the 9 pm me! You can use my 9 as a test. I am in San Diego hit me up and I'll roll there so you can check it out. I wanna do a couple led conversions and I am sure you can do this. My friend with a X might be interested ill hit him up.

reggieting
02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Looks good!

GokuSSJ4
02-14-2011, 12:28 AM
it has been done before... it all depends what route you plan to take and how much money you plan to spent..

To the OP
I don't mind you posting a DIY article about your findings, along with pictures or graphs ... or providing others with the proper information about materials and what steps some one must take in order to perform this task successful; however if you plan to charge other folks for making the new light mod to what ever color they might decide on, this is against forum policies and you will get banned!

HB Evo Owner
02-14-2011, 01:12 AM
it has been done before... it all depends what route you plan to take and how much money you plan to spent..

To the OP
I don't mind you posting a DIY article about your findings, along with pictures or graphs ... or providing others with the proper information about materials and what steps some one must take in order to perform this task successful; however if you plan to charge other folks for making the new light mod to what ever color they might decide on, this is against forum policies and you will get banned!

unless he pays to be a vendor, correct?

LakaiorDie
02-14-2011, 02:57 AM
nice good jobs!

MA70Snowman
02-14-2011, 08:21 AM

To the OP

Got it. and thanks for the heads up. But does that fall in the catagory of ordering parts for memembers and doing the swap because I'm a nice guy? because honestly that's what I'm doing now, and I'm doing it for free so I can another car or two and document the process. I"m not charging for anything. Just making it easier so they don't have to search for the parts and order them. If that is a violation I'll be happy to comply no problems there.

GokuSSJ4
02-16-2011, 12:40 AM

To the OP

Got it. and thanks for the heads up. But does that fall in the catagory of ordering parts for memembers and doing the swap because I'm a nice guy? because honestly that's what I'm doing now, and I'm doing it for free so I can another car or two and document the process. I"m not charging for anything. Just making it easier so they don't have to search for the parts and order them. If that is a violation I'll be happy to comply no problems there.

I understand your intentions, however not everyone sees things eye to eye.. So in order to avoid from things being mis-leading to others and when things are being handle within the forums (via PM as well) IMO i would take my advice.
Outside the forums (via txt, email, aim, twitter, FB, pigeon mail or smoke signals) you can do as you wish.

LakaiorDie
02-17-2011, 03:41 AM
what the heck is pigeon mail? lol

MA70Snowman
02-17-2011, 08:07 AM

I think that's where you ship pigeons to someone w/ a note attached to its foot. don't ask me what the point of the pigeon is.. I think the pigeon acts as a protector and will nip at anyone other then the specified addressee

chinoxmk22
02-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Looks dope dude. Very nice

GokuSSJ4
02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
rofl

I think that's where you ship pigeons to someone w/ a note attached to its foot. don't ask me what the point of the pigeon is.. I think the pigeon acts as a protector and will nip at anyone other then the specified addressee

CICreations
02-17-2011, 02:49 PM
That looks really nice dude, awesome job! I've never been a fan of the red in my 08 X either and now that the wife has a new outlander I'm very jelous of the color display she has compared to the 1988 Radio Shack Tandy laptop red display that came in the 08 Evo X's.

And you do have to be careful when you start listing prices on the board. I was temp banned once for making a thread about a laptop that went on sale once in the tuning sections of the forums. I did it thinking they would be good for anyone looking for small cheap laptops that fit in the glovy for tunning. The banned leved was that I was trying to sell laptops and I wasn't registered as a vendor. lol I wasn't trying to sell anything. The irony was that I should have bought a case of them and I could have sold them in the private clasifieds section for a profit and that would have not violated any rules. :idiot2:

Anyway dude, it's a good look and if people are interested then will approach you asking about prices. No need to post any and risk getting the all mighty Evo judo chop! :knuppel2:

-CI

MA70Snowman
02-17-2011, 04:45 PM
That looks really nice dude, awesome job! I've never been a fan of the red in my 08 X either and now that the wife has a new outlander I'm very jelous of the color display she has compared to the 1988 Radio Shack Tandy laptop red display that came in the 08 Evo X's.

And you do have to be careful when you start listing prices on the board. I was temp banned once for making a thread about a laptop that went on sale once in the tuning sections of the forums. I did it thinking they would be good for anyone looking for small cheap laptops that fit in the glovy for tunning. The banned leved was that I was trying to sell laptops and I wasn't registered as a vendor. lol I wasn't trying to sell anything. The irony was that I should have bought a case of them and I could have sold them in the private clasifieds section for a profit and that would have not violated any rules. :idiot2:

Anyway dude, it's a good look and if people are interested then will approach you asking about prices. No need to post any and risk getting the all mighty Evo judo chop! :knuppel2:

-CI

Hey appreciate the heads up dude. Yeah this is a chill forum, plus its mostly local guys so I'm no looking to ruffle feathers.

I can be reached at my aol account at the same screen name, if anyone wants help with this. Currently working on a car PC for openECU and gauge display so this might be in the FS section w/in the next month or so.

MA70Snowman
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm going to be around this weekend and should have some time to help if anyone wants to swing by for some help pulling parts. e-mail me

dinan3
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I am very interested in this. Looks really nice. Are you still able to do this? I am close to Oceanside.

MA70Snowman
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeap still able, shoot me an e-mail at my screen name at aol dot com Finishing a pilot conversion for another member, first time doing the MR w/ navi, i'm pretty excited to see it installed. Hopefully he'll post some shots up after full installation.

MA70Snowman
06-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm a licensed vendor now. problem solved. O0 See my signature for my Classified.