02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Job Title: Â* Technical Services Representative
Company: Â* ********************
Department:Â* Â* Information Technology
FLSA Status:Â* Â* Non- Exempt
Reports To: Â* Technical Services Manager
Prepared Date:Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* February 18, 2010

SUMMARY
Attends to and answers calls for Technical support help desk, providing support to internal and external end users. Maintains and answers e-mail support mail box. Utilizing prepared scripts and decision-making documentation providing first line support for callers in troubleshooting and resolving computer and network related issues.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.

Acts as focal point of communication for Technical support staff, notifying management and staff of system outages.

Utilizes incident tracking software to record technical support work orders.

Handle multiple incoming lines and heavy phone traffic.

Additional technical support activities include but are not limited to: End user and e-mail account maintenance; set up of web pages; scanning of photos; mail processing; and data entry as needed.

QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years business or administrative experience.
PC/Mac application skills (i.e. Excel, Word, BRIO, Outlook, etc.)
Must have technical background and experience dealing with a fast paced environment.
Advanced computer skills desired, including MS Office as well as a knowledge of social networking and cutting edge technologies.

LANGUAGE SKILLS
Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, and good judgment.
Ability to work effectively with clients and Information Technology management and staffs.
Fluent speaking, reading and writing in English language.
Other language skills helpful but not required.
Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
Must enjoy dealing with the public on phones and must have ability to deal with irate customers.

REASONING ABILITY
Able to work under pressure and be able to prioritize workload.
Must be extremely organized, able to multi-task.
Analytical and reasoning skills to work with people with various backgrounds.Â*
Good ability to inspire enthusiasm, creativity and teamwork.
Requires energetic personality with a positive attitude to handle customer needs.
Attention to details and excellent follow through skills.Â*
Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of computer operations to work on own, and requires only some general direction for the balance of the activities.

PREFERRED TRAITS
Must have good customer relations skills.
Friendly, outgoing manner – enthusiastic, always communicates with a smile
Team player – builds rapport in department, flexible, willing to assist others

PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly scheduled to sit in chair at designated workstation for extended periods of time while performing assigned duties. Light to moderate common office activities using hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.

WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Regular interaction via telephone with management personnel and personnel at the Corporate office and various branch offices.Â*

Please pm me if interested

EvolutionXtacy
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
dammit.. my IT degree needs to come sooner... 1 1/2 more years ~ ~

ryan78
02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
where in socal is this work gonna be?

ultraflip
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
costa mesa

ultraflip
02-19-2011, 08:02 PM

where does it say you need a degree?

HMatt
02-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Sounds exactly like my job right now... Probably pays at least twice as much though... (I'm military)

I'm not exactly a ray of sunshine towards idiots either... So that would keep me from applying...

EvolutionXtacy
02-20-2011, 02:04 AM

where does it say you need a degree?

im not as experienced as i should be in IT WORK. even though ima computer geek. im not that smart when it comes to that.. lol

just not well educated unless u wanna train me along the way.. i am willing to learn.. shoot anything Computers count me in :) but yeah everything else i am okay with..

just wished i had more experience like i mention, and my school schedule was not so seperated..

rocinevoIX
02-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Got a BA and worked in retail for 5 years but no IT experience.

Am I worth it

jamesinger
02-22-2011, 10:48 PM
"did you try turning it off again and turning it on again?"

---Do I get the job?

HMatt
02-23-2011, 01:31 AM
There is a shirt on thinkgeek.com that says "I'm here because you broke something"

Yeah, I got it on order... haha!