PDA

View Full Version : can a mivec 4g63 fit into a stock viii???

josevane13
02-18-2011, 11:36 PM
i blew the pistons on my car and it damaged the walls inside the block so i have decited to buy a whole new engine i found a 4g63 MIVEC and i have a stock 4g63(03-05) what do i have to buy to make it run with out problems. or is it just install and go

people were telling me to buy a whole new ecu the one for the evo 9 is this true? or can i use my stock one? and if i do have to buy a new ecu which one i saw two different ones pleaze help i want to make sure before i buy this engine.....

keep in mind im repacing the whole engine body and and head not just body :oops:

1WkdEvo
02-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow, its a little difficult to be sure what you are actually asking with the ESL, but I think you are asking what you need to do to make an Evo IX Mivec engine work in an Evo VIII

Is that accurate?

NativeSS
02-18-2011, 11:42 PM
you will need the ECU from the ix MIVEC ENGINE to run it yes, you cannot run an VIII ECU on the IX MIVEC.

FUEL
02-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Mitec??? I'm guessing u mean Mivec? And the IX engine into an VIII? ..... If so you will need all of the above ^ (what he said). + the Wiring harness to make it work on the VIII

josevane13
02-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Do I need the stock ecu or the aem one hopefully the stock one and as far as yhe wire harness will I need to splice anything ?

1WkdEvo
02-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Read this thread and be enlightened

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=99679.0

josevane13
02-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Good story helps alot thank u but still dont know if they spiced anything on the harness...?

phoreal
02-19-2011, 03:25 AM
You need the evo 9 mivec engine harness to make it work

Monstergarage
02-19-2011, 05:21 AM
you can get the mivec kit and you can actually run your evo 8 ecu and harness. You wont have mivec tho.

Monstergarage
02-19-2011, 05:25 AM
http://magnusmotorsports.com/products/engines-and-internals/magnus-mivec-eliminator/

blkside
02-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Road Race Engineering

Go to above place.
Give Money.
Get back drivable car.

The End

(greatest story ever told)

And if you dont know what you need to make it work then it would seem someone is doing it for you. Which means they dont know what they need so follow the above instructions and you will be boosting in no time...

Departed
02-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Road Race Engineering

Go to above place.
Give Money.
Get back drivable car.

The End

And if you dont know what you need to make it work then it would seem someone is doing it for you. Which means they dont know what they need so follow the above instructions and you will be boosting in no time...

Quoted for truth. Listen to this man and you will be very happy with the end result.

revolutionIX
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
i blew the pistons on my car and it damaged the walls inside the block so i have decited to buy a whole new engine i found a 4g63 MITEC and i have a stock 4g63 what do i have to buy to make it run with out problems. or is it just install and go

people were telling me to buy a whole new ecu the one for the evo 9 is this true? or can i use my stock one? and if i do have to buy a new ecu which one i saw two different ones pleaze help i want to make sure before i buy this engine.....

keep in mind im repacing the whole engine body and and head not just body :oops:

Dude..you SERIOUSLY need a speech/writing class!! The way you talk/type gives me a headache!! I can't even remember what you were asking...

leaveit2bevo
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Road Race Engineering

Go to above place.
Give Money.
Get back drivable car.

The End

stop telling people to go to RRE theyre busy enough takes forever to get an appointment.