PDA

View Full Version : Anyone come up with a clean looking way to mount a Front Plate on a X???

xmuscle
02-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Dont wanna cut holes in my bumber - Also dont wanna get pulled over again - any suggestions? Pics?

Thanks

-M

ebevo
02-25-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4gRivFSrWE

PITA to install on an evo8/9's with stock undertray did this last weekend but much easier on a evoX's undertray you will end up with 2 holes on the lip and 2 on undertray but at least you won't see it.

I like the evox undertray design better than the evo8/9.

Cons are it's pricey and depending how slammed you are will determine if it will rip right off.

xmuscle
02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Damn thats Sexy!! Any idea how much it runs?

and thanks by the way

choicelaw
02-25-2011, 11:12 AM
The easiest way to mount without drilling into your bumper is to use 3M tape. I've had mine mounted for 3 years that way, only had to reapply tape once.

ebevo
02-25-2011, 11:13 AM
price is around $130 for the electrical version you use a remote to activate and about $60 for the manual version

got mine on ebay and look for "show and go plate"

xmuscle
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Found it Thanks! I take it you like yours?

BAGLEY
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
That's bada**. I'm defenantly getting this for my car

xmuscle
02-26-2011, 10:56 PM
The easiest way to mount without drilling into your bumper is to use 3M tape. I've had mine mounted for 3 years that way, only had to reapply tape once.

Thanks gonna try this for now

ayS
03-18-2011, 11:36 PM

will this peel your paint if you ever need to reapply the 3m?

choicelaw
03-22-2011, 10:02 AM
^No does not damage paint.

ebevo
03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Found it Thanks! I take it you like yours?

sorry I didn't see your reply until I noticed the thread was updated today.

sure do most of the time I leave it up since I don't want to remember if it's up or down. But last week coming out of work saw a couple of guys near my car taking photos. No big deal I thought probably one of them was the photographer at my work that goes around taking pics all the time.

To my surprise it was a couple of coworkers that I knew and one of them happened to have his dslr camera with him and bam thinking I was glad to have my hellish work schedule over with ready to drive home and here enters an impromptu photoshoot for about an hour.

Of course the front plate was up and he was wishing it wasn't there and a few seconds later it was tucked away. Perfect situation and glad I did the install about a month ago. I had to demo the functionality a few times and explain the process to them and they got a hoot out of it.

Only thing I recommend is buy some extra wiring tubing. The package only comes with ~6ft tubing that's not enough to protect all the wiring. I bought a 14ft, 1/4" thick black tubing set from Fry's for under $3 OTD.

Use the provided padded piece that applies on the back of the retractable plate to give your front bumper some cushion. I thought I had enough space ~1/4" gap between the back plate and bumper and at fwy speeds it would rub on my clear bra but the padded piece fix that problem. It's a balance you have to figure out when you install the plate how much of the device you want sticking out when it's completely retracted and when it comes out how close it comes to your front bumper/lip.