PDA

View Full Version : How much to paint/rebuild my OEM Brembo Calipers?

2006evo9r
03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm sick of rolling with brownbos...

Mike W
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
For painting and rebuilding we use Centric (parent company of Stoptech and Powerslot). It is $375 exchange for the front pair to get them rebuilt and painted. They come back without the Brembo sticker but you can find those if you need them.

Mike W

2006evo9r
03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Fantastic. I will be down there tomorrow. Also, can I get a price for the rears too.

2006evo9r
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Dropped them off today...as soon as i get them back i will post pics in the show and shine section for anybody who is curious as to how they turn out.

SAVAGEcorpsman
03-14-2011, 05:43 PM
nice I wanna see! what color are you going with?

Mike W
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Here are2006evo9r's calipers. This was done by Centric (Parent company of Stoptech and Powerslot) Fronts are $375 for a pair, rears are $260 for the pair. This is for a complete rebuild and powdercoat of the calipers. Basically remanufactured, takes about 5-6 working days to do your calipers.

Here are a set of front and rear calipers that just came back:

Front Caliper

Box and package:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-box.JPG

What you get:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-allstuff.JPG

Front:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-face.JPG

Top:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-top.JPG

Seals and pistons:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-seals.JPG

Inside Detail:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-detail.JPG

Bleeder Screw:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-bleeder.JPG

Pins and springs:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/front-pinsclips.JPG

Rear Caliper

Front:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/rear-face.JPG

Top:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/rear-top.JPG

Bleeder and Fluid Bolt Details:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/rear-bleeder.JPG

Seal and piston:

http://roadraceengineering.com/parts/centric/caliper-rebuild/rear-seal.JPG

Mike W

Azian
04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Can they do other colors besides red? I'd prefer black, so they don't go back to brownbo's after a track day or two :)

phoreal
04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
lime green? if so im very interested

SAVAGEcorpsman
04-05-2011, 07:27 PM
see through?

phoreal
04-05-2011, 07:28 PM
awhhh whutttt now where thinkin outside the box

SAVAGEcorpsman
04-05-2011, 07:31 PM
For real!

phoreal
04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
scratch the lime green... i think purple would look pretty siik

Mike W
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Black would be the same price. Might take a day or two longer.

Other fruity colors... well it might get tricky but possible. Centric does the dissasembly and inspection and then sends them to a local powdercoater that does all their stuff to their specs. Â*Then back to Centric for the assembly. So any color that the powdercoater has available could be done. You would have to provide a color sample and be patient. You would have to trust that everyone would do their best to match the color within reason. But if you are gonna have a kitten if it does not perfectly match your Takata belts or some crazy shit I wouldnt want to get involved in the middle of the mess.

Mike W

phoreal
04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
hmmm wonder who they use for powdercoating

Azian
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Other fruity colors... well it might get tricky but possible. Centric does the dissasembly and inspection and then sends them to a local powdercoater that does all their stuff to their specs. Â*Then back to Centric for the assembly. So any color that the powdercoater has available could be done. You would have to provide a color sample and be patient. You would have to trust that everyone would do their best to match the color within reason. But if you are gonna have a kitten if it does not perfectly match your Takata belts or some crazy shit I wouldnt want to get involved in the middle of the mess.

Mike W

Sweet :) I spray canned mine awhile back but the clear coat died after about two track days and I'm sure they could use a rebuild after 8 road race events and 99k miles :grin:

Pure EvoIX
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Looks good. Good stuff Mike. Makes me want to sell my Girodisc rebuild kit and do this instead.

jamesinger
04-05-2011, 10:52 PM
w/ stickers would seal the deal.

Mike W
04-05-2011, 10:54 PM
You gotta find your own stickers. Internets tells me e-bay is the place.

Mike W

jamesinger
04-05-2011, 11:25 PM
if you gave them the stickers, would they apply them prior to clear?

Mike W
04-06-2011, 12:13 AM
But if a guy bought some stickers from E-bay he'd stick them on after. It isnt a clearcoat that I can tell. Maybe that is why Stoptech calipers dont turn brown.

Mike W

ebevo
04-06-2011, 07:35 AM
thanks for the pics something I would consider down the road

Azian
04-06-2011, 09:45 AM
thanks for the pics something I would consider down the road
+1 something to have done during my "off" season which would be summer :D :buck2:

Brand0n
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
wow amazing!! Love them!

jamesinger
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
RRE FTW again and again.
This is something every VIII owner needs, every IX owner will need and the Xs will be looking for in a few years if not sooner.
My Brembos have gone past Brownbo status and are now JDM Pink!!

EvieLove
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
RRE FTW again and again.
This is something every VIII owner needs, every IX owner will need and the Xs will be looking for in a few years if not sooner.
My Brembos have gone past Brownbo status and are now JDM Pink!!

I would love some Pink brembos! lol

400whp350wtq
09-08-2011, 09:12 PM
i def will do mine yellow

jamesinger
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I will do a follow up on this in a bit in my own thread BUT I wanted to say that the paint job I got on my Brembos is definitely starting to fade and the stickers are turning a bit pink after 4 track days and a summer of driving. The job I got was solid but after the fact, I think the powder coat and rebuild is a superior method. NOW, Mike just needs to figure out how to get stickers in UNDER the clear!!

714benz
09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
I need rebuild and powedercoated yellow is the price for all 4 $635? If it is I will drop them off next week.

socalturbo
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
man i need to do this. :( i dont like my brownbroooss

Mike W
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I need rebuild and powedercoated yellow is the price for all 4 $635? If it is I will drop them off next week.

Yep!

Mike W

artinist
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
is there a contact info for them for questions? I would like to know if they would anodize the calipers instead of powedercoating.

blue andodized would be awesome if they will stand up to the heat and not fade. but if not blue, black would do.

Mike W
03-15-2012, 04:23 AM
No anodizing is available.

Mike W

artinist
03-23-2012, 04:06 PM
thanks for the update

jebus27
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
so wait is it better to anodize or powder coat the calipers???

The Jake
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
This is awesome. Same price to do black correct?

Mike W
04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Black and red are the same price. Any other colors are a lot more work and time since it is not standard.

Mike W

jebus27
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
so whats better for calipers anodize or powder coat?!?!?!?!

EvoVIIIGSR
04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Instead of putting on stickers, wouldn't it be more effective to get a vinyl adhesive stencil made and DIY the brembo logo in high temp white enamel?

Mike W
04-12-2012, 01:59 AM

Anodizing does worse in weather and changes color with heat.

Mike W

jebus27
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Anodizing does worse in weather and changes color with heat.

Mike W

cool, is it worth getting the rebuilt kits if they are just gonna burn up after a track day?

Mike W
04-12-2012, 03:28 PM
These are not anodized if you are talking about that the finish will get burned up.

If you are constantly burning up your calipers, time to move on to some better brakes like Stoptech. It is cheaper in the long run. Stoptechs have a thicker pad so they transfer less heat to the caliper. They have lighter and cooler running rotors to transfer more heat out of the brakes.

If you constantly run so hot that you kill the seals and you dont care about the color, then we can just rebuild them and not make them cute.

Mike W

4G63guy
04-12-2012, 03:34 PM
id do em white,black,or blue and just throw the RRE stickers on em :p

flyingscot
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
monster green?

2006evo9r
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Just dropped off a second set earlier today!

evolved13
12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
How about B-RREmbo stickers, Mike?

damstr
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Do you have any in stock that you can just do a quick swap for? Like I pay the fee for the front and rears give you my old Brembos and swap out for new (refurbished) set in stock? Just trying to have as least amount of down time as possible!

Thanks! I will be definitely be coming here in the future for a bunch of other stuff I want done/fixed on my Evo I have heard nothing but good things about RRE!

justin44
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
I need this done. Mike - Can I mail these to you instead of dropping them off?
Thanks

Mike W
05-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes the mail man comes here :-)

Mike W

x MR
05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
do you coat the brembo sticker with it?

Mike W
05-14-2013, 11:45 PM
From the first page.

Mike W

You gotta find your own stickers. Internets tells me e-bay is the place.

Mike W

stag3
06-09-2013, 09:28 PM

Mike W

lol so many diva's with evos. i can totally see someone in the stance scene throwing a fit when their pink calipers don't match the pink polo they're wearing with the popped collar

SoCal
08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
I am going to be coming in soon to drop some off. I am currently looking for a second set to do so I have no down time.

Treyzian
08-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I am going to be coming in soon to drop some off. I am currently looking for a second set to do so I have no down time.

I have a set of Evo VIII Brembos that I used to rent out to people who were sending their calipers to TCC to be coated. I sent you a PM.

jamesinger
08-31-2013, 04:42 PM
^^^ a smarter business model would be to have a rebuilt and repainted pair ready to sell to the next guy. (No charge for that one).

Stretch
09-29-2014, 06:54 AM
For painting and rebuilding we use Centric (parent company of Stoptech and Powerslot). It is $375 exchange for the front pair to get them rebuilt and painted. They come back without the Brembo sticker but you can find those if you need them.

Mike W

Hi Mike,

Does RRE still offer this service? If so, is this pricing still accurate?

I read on your website about this, but it's not entirely clear if this has been discontinued or if you still provide this through Centric.

If it matters, I have a full set of brembos (F & R) that I'm looking to get remanufactured. Final color i'm looking for is black and they are Subaru brembos, if that makes a difference.

Feel free to PM me, if you like.

Thanks!

Mike W
09-29-2014, 03:46 PM
It;s complicated. They changed powdercoaters. What they do now is more in line with stock factory calipers. Not the deep flossy glossy finish like shown in those pics. Same price, less show. If you needed your stuff properly rebuilt and repainted to look decent, putting them back on a car that will be used and abused like an EVO should (lots of bleeding, high temps, wheels on and off, tracking the crap out of it) , not doing them for show... then we _can_ do this. There will be some orange peel, a few dirt specs. Similar to stock.

Mike W

Stretch
10-01-2014, 06:15 AM
It;s complicated. They changed powdercoaters. What they do now is more in line with stock factory calipers. Not the deep flossy glossy finish like shown in those pics. Same price, less show. If you needed your stuff properly rebuilt and repainted to look decent, putting them back on a car that will be used and abused like an EVO should (lots of bleeding, high temps, wheels on and off, tracking the crap out of it) , not doing them for show... then we _can_ do this. There will be some orange peel, a few dirt specs. Similar to stock.

Mike W

Yeah, I saw the update you posted. I'm more concerned with a top notch mechanical rebuild and can deal with the minor visual flaws.

I'll be looking to do this in the next month or so. What's the best way to coordinate? I'll be shipping the calipers from Miami.

Mike W
10-01-2014, 03:23 PM
What year what car is this for?

Mike W

Stretch
10-02-2014, 03:55 AM
What year what car is this for?

Mike W

I have a 2010 Subaru WRX that I'm putting STi brembos on...

Stretch
10-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Just bumping this for details on how to coordinate:

- Full (2F & 2R) brembo reman through Centric
- powdercoated black
- shipping from/to Miami
- Subaru brembos (mechanically identical to evos).
- Ok w/ new powdercoat process, even if minor visual flaws

Please let me know the best way to proceed. Thanks...