PDA

View Full Version : E85 fuel run Indio--->Beaumont

dyablo
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
So I just moved out here and noticed there is not E85 station close to the indio area. This comes to me as no surprise as the last place I used to live in they had no E85 either. I resorted to doing fuel runs in my civic to the nearest E85 station which was about 45 minutes away from my house. I was doing this with 7, 5 gallon containers then storing it at my house until needed.

Of course my evo is not daily driven as I only use it on my days off from work so this was no big issue to me. I can last about a month and a half with said fuel then its another fuel run. So I was wondering if anyone here was doing this same thing doing fuel runs to Beaumont, CA since I think thats the closest station to indio? I just did a fuel run today to fill up my 55 gallon barrel and it takes around 35 minutes and considering the civic gets 30+mpg its not a bad deal.

And no I dont use E85 because its cheaper, but because I like being able to drive the evo like I stole it two days out of the week. Im aware that its probably more expensive to drive all the way out there but for me its worth the extra power it provides.

2muchboost
03-10-2011, 08:29 PM
You are able to get 55 gallons in 1 trip?

dyablo
03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I could if I had 4 more 5 gallon containers lol, today I got 35 gallons and it was cake. I contemplated taking the actual barrel in our little trailer but wasnt sure how that would look or if there are some kind of safety traffic laws involved when hauling a 55 gallon barrel full of fuel.

2muchboost
03-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Right on. If you say the 55 gallons last a month+ then its definitely worth the drive!

smarti
03-10-2011, 11:05 PM
have you tried the e85 station in salton city?
i live in la quinta and was wondering if the salton station is closer

dyablo
03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
from my house its exactly the same distance to either station. I just rather drive to Beaumont since its a more scenic drive.