PDA

View Full Version : can the clutch affect the ACD?

autotaku
03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
newb question. I was searching but no results. I just found out my ACD fluid is leaking. not a seal on the lower part of things. Dealership told me it would cost almost 5k total with labor etc. to get it replaced. -_- I then find out my warranty is limited due to previous owner with *illegal mods.* The clutch. my question is. does the clutch affect the ACD at as in cause it to break. or leak. And would the clutch be considered a power-train issue? Thanks.

autotaku
03-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I guess this is clearly debated I found some answers but it would be great for others 2 cents. long story short. Bought the car with aftermarket clutch from a dealership. They sold me a faulty warranty. Did not know it was modified. Found out my shit is leaking from the ACD. now my warranty is limited due to this bs from the dealership. Now they wanting 5k for labor and the new ACD. haha fuck man. I haven't even done anything to the car yet and this shit happens. zzz

Black Evo Beauty
03-30-2011, 07:27 PM
sorry to hear but what dealer did you buy car from just to let other poeple aware not to buy warranty

one4
03-30-2011, 09:50 PM
damn mang that shitz wack! take it over to massimo, it might just be a busted line or something...

autotaku
03-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Dealership was out of state. though they own a Mitsubishi dealer. big hassle. while im in cali and they xxxx miles away ughh[

quote author=one4 link=topic=108082.msg8131935#msg8131935 date=1301547025]
damn mang that shitz wack! take it over to massimo, it might just be a busted line or something...

not a bad idea. well im going to see if I can fight for a repair because I was not aware of this and the dealer sold me a faulty warranty.Â* Sooo if worst comes to worst. I think i am gonna just get a sheptran rebuilt. but man there goes all my money for things I did want for the car =( like that fuel pump haha

dy4anevo
05-12-2011, 11:18 AM
i agree take it massimo or rre or any reputable shop because nothing good comes from dealing with dealerships..................sorry to dude

Mike W
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Improperly installing or generally abusing any part of the ACD system can cause a failure. Pinching o-rings, tweaking one of the pipes, putting in the wrong fluid, damaging a crush washer... all kinds of things that a clown working on the car can do to kill it. Much of the ACD parts get touched during a clutch swap.

Can a clutch damage an ACD system? No.

Can a clown working on your car accidentally damage the ACD system? Sure.

Mike W

jamesinger
05-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Improperly installing or generally abusing any part of the ACD system can cause a failure. Pinching o-rings, tweaking one of the pipes, putting in the wrong fluid, damaging a crush washer... all kinds of things that a clown working on the car can do to kill it. Much of the ACD parts get touched during a clutch swap.

Mike W

Sorry for the OT post but is there really a shop I can go to where clowns work on cars?
I mean, if there is, I won't get my car worked on, I just want to see actual clowns working on cars.
I heard a lot of shops are changing over to mime themed.

nicklulu
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Mike W

Sorry for the OT post but is there really a shop I can go to where clowns work on cars?
I mean, if there is, I won't get my car worked on, I just want to see actual clowns working on cars.
I heard a lot of shops are changing over to mime themed.

:D