PDA

View Full Version : melachu 2008 Evo X SSS +55whp/68lb-ft TUNE

RALLInspired
04-01-2011, 01:22 AM
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/RALLInspired/Dyno%20graphs/MelCruz2008EvoXSSSbaselineNajibaseflashvsFinalflas h191.jpg

Mel C.Â* 2008 Evo X SSS baseline (another street tuner baseflash) vs Final flash1 91

Copy injen style intake
Copy injec style UICP
GM 3 Port
RRE RALLY CAT
Psudo CBE

NOTES**Â* Just finished up this car.Â* Mel came to me interested in making some good torque on 91 octane.Â* He was originally going to get tuned by another road tuner, but felt and noticed that the other tuner's torque results are usually not where he wanted his car to be at.Â* The car had been previously base flashed by that tuner and was running a dejon MBC set at 23psi peak.Â* The baseline pull was untouched.Â* I had discussed my preference for ECU control before hand and the owner agreed to go with a GM 3 port over going back the to stock 2 solenoid system because he has future plans of e85.Â* I also explained to Mel how ECU control allows us to make the most of turbos setups by allowing precise RPM based boost profiles which also convinced him to make the switch.Â* He like many others was under the impression that more boost is better... not always the case he learned.Â* The previous flash was erased and Mel was given the tephra v1 ROMs for his year which i always include with my tunes for evo Xs.Â* Tuned boost was set to 26psi peak tapering to 18psi with my timing and MIVEC maps.Â* AFRs between 11.5-10.5 (THIS dyno sheet's afrs are NOT correct). PEAK gains of +25whp/63lb-ft.Â* MAX gains of 55whp and 68lb-ft.Â* He was very happy to have the car feel and pull how he wanted O0.Â* Not bad for a 12am road tune.Â* The COPY injen style intake and piping need to go as i did notice some weird fueling characteristics.Â* Mel will likely be buying a new intake, UICP, as well as an o2 housing/downpipe combo, and possibly injectors and fuel pump kit down the road.Â* This should add another 20whp/lb-ft on 91 octane and another 70whp/lb-ft over THIS tune on e85.

Rick B.Â* :mitsu:

edited: 1:45am spelling and grammar (will revise again later)Â* :band:

G20
04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
why is the car too heavy?

RALLInspired_
04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
why is the car too heavy?

Car is SSS package plus 560+ pounds in people (3), gas, and a contents. Evo Xs with no o2 housing make around 280-300whp and tq on average and 330-350whp on e85 with the same mods. This car is where it should be. Its hard comparing this tuner's to that tuner's, etc. Over time you will see where my tunes should be as I do more write ups on this forum. Check my facebook for now if you wish to check out another 150+ dyno graph over the past months. I have many more on my tuning laptop O0. Thank you for the question. If you have any more feel free to ask.

Rick B.

phraust
04-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Mel you haven't given me a ride yet!

and you spelled Tsudo wrong by the way, but nice #'s!

wwevoxgsr
11-01-2011, 08:18 PM
great numbers

mystik_khmer
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
good stuff mel!