PDA

View Full Version : Victorville Mistu

RiG
04-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Anyone ever take their car to Victorville Mitsubishi for warranty work? I need to take mine in for the seat fabric pulling away from the "harness" holes. Hopfeully they will take care of me. Ive had some bad experiences with GM dealers and I want to make sure that driving out to victorville is worth it. That is the closest dealer to Lancaster, now that the one in Santa Clarita closed. Thanks
Mike

frankd14321
04-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't like it there... never had warranty work though, but I don't even know if they have a Evo mechanic.

gr8dc2b
04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
I have seen some evo owners take their car in for oil changes. If you are going in there for warranty work, talk to Josh or Jimmy at the main office first before going in for warranty work. Let them know that Dr. Cruz sent you over.

gr8dc2b
04-06-2011, 07:58 AM
...but if it is major work that you need, then they would usually refer you to SCM.

frankd14321
04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
^^^

RiG
04-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Its for the Recaro seats that are a normal issue on the early Evo X. Im going to give them a try and see what they say. I dont want to drive all the way down to SCM for now. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Thanks
Mike

notw_evo9
04-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Had the steering wheel replaced there under warranty but other than that I was sent to SCM

RiG
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
What was wrong with your steering wheel? Did they send you to SCM?

notw_evo9
04-06-2011, 10:16 AM
On my evo 9 the leather started to peel on the steering wheel. so I went there and they told me it was covered so they ordered it and replaced it. I was sent to SCM for my tranny issue on my 9

gr8dc2b
04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Its for the Recaro seats that are a normal issue on the early Evo X. Im going to give them a try and see what they say. I dont want to drive all the way down to SCM for now. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Thanks
Mike

For seats, they should take very good care of you.

RiG
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Ok cool. Thanks!

CICreations
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM
To be honest I avoid that place at all costs which is a shame because they're only a 30 minute drive vrs the 2+ hour drive to get down to HB or SB Mitsu. I've taken several Mitsubishi cars I've owned over the years there and they have to subcontract them out to local businesses every time. I'm talking steering wheel adjustments, wheel balancing, even the black vinyl strips in between the door windows on the X. They couldn't replace freakin stickers?! And on top of that, the shop they sent it to put a golfball sized dent in my door directly below the vinyl strip and they acting like I was crazy when I pointed it out.

I wish they would either improve or just shut down either one. One thing's for certain though, they're never going to cater to the Evo community the way the HB and SC do. There just aren't enough Evos in the HD to make it worth while. Which I understand.

aguilar45
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't go there if I were you. I get my oil interval there for the past two years and I am in there system but every time I get harrased wit some FNG there now about me refusing the 6 month maintence. I told him I'm not refusing just not needing one from here. What does he do? Son of a bitch puts down on paperwork "customer refuses service" and i'm like WTF? if you don't want any issues got to SCM or Hunting beach Mitsu where Sam is He'll take care of you O0

RiG
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Ya I just called them and they said id have to bring it in and have them take pics to get it approved by mitsu.I may just have to make a trip to SCM. I didn't want to make that drive twice

RiG
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
When I call SCM, should I ask for Sam? Is he a service writer? Thanks

Taps
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Ask for rigo. Sam is at Huntington now.

CICreations
04-06-2011, 02:16 PM
When I call SCM, should I ask for Sam? Is he a service writer? Thanks

Oh no, Sam's not a service writer. I think he's a colllege intern, or exchange student, or something measly like that :buck2:

RiG
04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Maybe Ill try Huntington then, its a little closer and near the beach. ha. Â*I need to get it taken care of and would hate to have to drive down there Three times. Â*Once for them to look at it, and another for them to fix it, then one more to pick it up. Damn. Â*Im mad that the one in Santa Clarita closed

jem0473
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Poondoggs is taking his X to SCM for his Recaro's as well....He was gonna have it done at Courtesy in Vegas but we moved here so SCM it is...Neither dealership gave him hassle to have them replaced.

Good luck!

RiG
04-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Sov the dealership is replacing them? That's good to hear

jem0473
04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Sov the dealership is replacing them? That's good to hear

Yeah, they are...They have to order the material though.

RiG
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Thats good to know. Ill have to try to make a trip down there this weekend, if Im not too busy.