PDA

View Full Version : Evo X OEM brake pads are made by FERODO

KT Motoring
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I am not sure if any one has noticed, but I didn't see this posted anywhere in my research.

While most people who replace pads will throw out the old and put in new pads, a close inspection of the OEM Evo X pads reveals that they are made by Ferodo. They are probably not the DS2500, but the fact that they are made by Ferodo (with Brembo shims) is quite interesting. For those wondering, Wagner is the parent company of Ferodo.

I'll post pics later.

GokuSSJ4
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
good to know and no wonder why i love the stock pads and how well they brake. Haven't put them to the ultimate test to see how long they last before experiencing brake pad fade. Impressive never the less.
thanks for the info!

KT Motoring
04-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Here's the pic of a rear brake pad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/kimletrim/photo2.jpg

illestjcollector23
04-10-2011, 09:48 PM
good to know and no wonder why i love the stock pads and how well they brake. Haven't put them to the ultimate test to see how long they last before experiencing brake pad fade. Impressive never the less.
thanks for the info!

changed mine at 18k..SMH

bigstak
11-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Interesting...was actually about to have mine changed and was debating on going with Hawks over the oems...I am at 14K mi and one track day...might go with the stockers over Hawks now but if anyone thinks I should go with the Hawks please chime in.

gsazabi
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Interesting indeed...To be honest I think the Brembo equipped Evo's stopping power is pretty mediocre. I'm not impressed by the pad's feedback either. When the stockers wear out I'm going with Endless.

GokuSSJ4
11-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Interesting...was actually about to have mine changed and was debating on going with Hawks over the oems...I am at 14K mi and one track day...might go with the stockers over Hawks now but if anyone thinks I should go with the Hawks please chime in.
or perhaps a bit more aggressive Ferrodo pad...
That's what I have chilling at home and waiting to replace once the time comes... might as well, unless the price of the OEM pads are extremely affordable.

MaC_X
12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
the only thing i hate with oem pads is brake dust and its loud.

skrappyyy
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM

I used to have a mazdaspeed3, which used ferodo pads and when it came time for a change, I switched to Hawks HPS. If I were you I liked how the OEM brakes feel better than my experience with the HPS, but the HP+ might be different. Although I hear that there is a lot of noise when it comes to those.

evolved13
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
I changed my OEMs at 23K - still had a few miles left. Left the decision entirely up to the guys at RRE as to what to replace them with. They installed the Stoptech street pad at the four corners. They work extremely well and are very quiet. Brake dust seems about the same, but cleans up fine.
For those of us that don't repair cars for a living, it is nice to have guys like RRE, KT, Mauricio, and Rick around to keep our rides going strong.