PDA

View Full Version : Vibration comes and goes.

Boosted_Darkness
05-07-2011, 02:48 PM
So heres the problem did some search and found nothing. My car has a vibration when accelerating however its intermittent. It doesnt start till about 3000 rpms in first gear then it will start to vibrate pretty bad and only vibrates when accelerating, after driving for a minute it stops. It also returns for a brief moment when driving at low speeds in second gear with low rpms. It doesnt make noises or feel like somethings shifting hard back into place it just eases into a nice smooth drive. Im a noob with this car as Ive only dealt with hondas. I was told the rear diff, tranny, transfer case fluids have been changed but people do lie. So Im going to start with the fluids. Again its not making any grinding noises or anything, and it feels likes its coming from the rear. I put it up on a lift to check the the drive shaft, but it looks straight when rotated, and the mounts are fine, I checked the wheels for maybe some play and nothing, I also checked the axles for any play or a possible bend and they all seemed fine. Im pretty sure its coming from the rear diff and Im just curious if anyone has had this issue.

Boosted_Darkness
05-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Also when cold it feels like something is slipping like the rear end doesnt lock up or something also not constant only when first driving after its sat overnight. Its not the clutch slipping as it grabs just fine.

dy4anevo
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
is the rear end "clunking" under normal driving....low rpm daily driving.....turning

Boosted_Darkness
05-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Nope nothing out of the ordinary