PDA

View Full Version : Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the Evo X!

bardabe
06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Ninja Edit!: Dyno Testing article here:Â* http://www.bardabe.com/2011/07/bardabe-performance-intake-kit-evo/

The Long Long wait is now Over guys, after months of testing, development, logging, testing, cutting, welding, logging, machining, logging, welding, testing, logging, testing, logging, welding, machining, logging, testing and logging. the Kit is Finally 100% ready for the market. I would like to introduce the All New Designed from the best materials and products the market has to offer today the Bardabe Performance Suction Supreme Intake kit for the 2008+ Evo X. This intake kit to my knowledge is the most sophisticated intake kit on the market today. after months of R&D i have come to the conclusion that this is the best intake kit for anyone running Stock Frame turbos. The intake kit comes from 3" T6-6061 Mandrel Bent Aluminum,Â* Kit comes just as the UICP Did with 4ply Silicone Couplers, a Massive 6" Velocity Stack to keep the air flow smoother than anything else on the market today, the Velocity stack was made just for this kit with dimensions for the Filter I will be using. The Blue Filter with inverted filter design that incorporates an internal air Cone. not to mention is the biggest filter on the market today. sitting at a 7" Outside Diameter and a 6" Inlet this filter offers the Most Filtration Area / Volume than any other filter on the market. it also comes with the Same Warranty that K&N Offers I will pass down to you of 1,000,000 Miles. Filter is fully washable and reusable you can use the K&N Filter oil and cleaner if you wish to wash it with that Or I can provide you guys with the Blue Oil if you want to keep it that nice bright blue.

all This time i tried different filters from different companies, different shapes and sizes, and this has come on top. keeping filtration in mind as well as flow. This filter material has finer filtering than the K&N keeping all the flow characteristics we love from Big Name Companies. (the power numbers don't lie) while keeping your MAF, Turbo and Engine Clean and Happy. This intake kit was well fined tuned to do 3 things. well 4 if you count putting a big grin in your face. 1) POWER!!!!Â* it gets rid of the dead spots on the RPM Band if you get on your Evo X with a stock air box, or any other intake on the market really. you will notice your car starts to fall off on the power right around 5500 RPM. Yeah this intake takes care of that problem. no more Fall off at high RPM's. not to mention the gains across the RPM Band 2.) SPOOL!!! This intake lets your car breath and Spool harder than ever before. with the intake kit your turbo spools sooner and faster than before it is considerably louder sounds really good. I scared off quite a few cars testing. they thought i had a big turbo upgrade lol. 3) Fuel Trims and AIT's!!!Â* I read this thread last year posted by a Reputable tunner on here known as Looney Tunes. http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=83379.0 and i was determined to make an intake kit that keeps the fuel trims in check. Stock air box will jump around 0% all the way to 4.2% while cruising, the Bardabe Performance Intake Kit scored numbers max numbers of only 3.9%!!!!Â* so no worries on leaning our or getting an CEL with this intake kit. also cruising I notice AIT's to be anywhere between 8* to 12* Higher than the ambient air temperatures depending on weather conditions and cruising speeds, which is where you want to be. Dyno Numbers will be coming soon I want to say the kit is good for about 20-25whp gain. my test car dynoed 286WHP un tuned with just the intake in place. unfortunately no baselines where taken. so in the next 2 weeks we will take 2 stock X's Do Baselines, throw this baby on and Dyno again to get you guys exact numbers. but let me tell you. this is Nothing like the UICP alone, together these 2 make your car come to life!!!!

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/SSIntake.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/SSintake2.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/SSintake2copy.png

That is the way the intake kit sits currently, clean effective and Powerful!

as you can see the filter really is big, as big as the factory air box!!! here are some comparisons to my Office PC's 22" Acer monitor.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/ssintakefilter3copy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/ssintakefilter2copy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/ssintakefiltercopy.png
there you can see a picture of the inverted cone, this does 2 things. 1) More Filtering Area, and 2) Aids the velocity stack to keep the airflow smooth and fast.

so after months of testing and development is finally here, I will refrain from posting Dyno Numbers until the Pre sales are over. Right now everything is at the machine shop waiting for me to pick up and get to welding to drop off at the powder coasters and then ship out to you guys! There will be a 1-2 week wait on the pre orders for me to be able to weld them up and have them coated or polished. the pipes will come in 2 options Polished or Poweder Coated the OEM Black. Special Colors are available for Powder Coating at additional costs. the Intake kit comes in 2 Packages.

1) Intake and UICP Combo, for all the people who waited to get it together in one shot. here it is. you can get them in OEM black or Custom Color. the Price for both Pieces in OEM Black is $399.00 shipped. custom colors are 50$ Extra.

2) Intake alone, for the guys who already have an UICP from their favorite vendor. the intake in OEM Black isÂ* $299.00 and just like the combo can be powdercoated in any color you want for an extra $50.

raz0rbladez909
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Props to Juan @ Bardabe Performance, the kit looks amazing in both pictures and in person. I have witnessed and felt the differences in his car compared to mine and even when rolling next to each other his car pulls like a bat out of hell. I will be buying mine tomorrow and you guys should definitely pm him about the special low pricing, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait for mine :)

nicklulu
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Any pics of the intake out of the car and a pic of the velocity stack?

Doug200t
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Yah his car runs SOOOOOOOoooo Different it was crazy seeing how slight changes made the car run totally different I would have never expected such gains.

WhatchuTalkinBout
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Some interesting mail you have there sitting under the intake.

CICreations
06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Nice looking piece!

MA70Snowman
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
WOOT SOO HAPPY!!! .. and I can't even see the pictures (damn work Net Nazi's)

bardabe
06-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Any pics of the intake out of the car and Â*a pic of the velocity stack?

pics of complete kit our of car, not yet. pics of the velocity stack are here!

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstackfiltercopy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstack2copy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstackcopy.png

tell me that's not the coolest cereal bowl you have seen.

reggieting
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Siiccckk.

MA70Snowman
06-13-2011, 10:21 PM
:werd: :D
Those stacks are HUGE.

howiewowie
06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Pm price on polished intake only to 95123 thx

Any pics of the intake out of the car and Â*a pic of the velocity stack?

pics of complete kit our of car, not yet. pics of the velocity stack are here!

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstackfiltercopy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstack2copy.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/vstackcopy.png

tell me that's not the coolest cereal bowl you have seen.

FUEL
06-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price?Â* Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version?Â* Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

Can you post some before/after tuning graphs or anything like that...to compare #s and stuff for the dyno racers who need to "read" the results instead of feeling them.

MA70Snowman
06-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price? Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version? Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

Can you post some before/after tuning graphs or anything like that...to compare #s and stuff for the dyno racers who need to "read" the results instead of feeling them.

re-read where it says OEM BLACK powder coating available.. I have the OEM BLACK UICP and it does NOT jump out at you (might want to think about keeping your worm clamps over T-bolts if your that worried about it.)
Also he intends to get some baselines w/ stock evos, and then re-dyno after the intake install. it's all in the first post. Bardabe is definately covering his bases, and the masses will be satisfied.. well as soon as get my hands on mine.. until then the masses are not satisfied ;)

bardabe
06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Why pm secret pricing? U can't just tell us the price?Â* Any plans to make some kind of "stealth mode" version?Â* Some prefer the ugly black stock look. With all the hood poppin going on around SoCal I would think that blingy pretty intake would garner an instant ref ticket by some cop with a vengence against any kind of import car.

The Pre Order Pricing is Very Low, its too ridiculous to post to the general public. that is why I'm only making it a Special Price Until Monday June 20th By Midnight. after that the only way to get it cheaper than regualr price will be within 30 days at the introductory sale. about the Stock Look Snow Man Pretty much Hit the Nail on the Head, there is an OEM Black Powder coated Version that is available. I Will take pictures of those versions as soon as i get them done. this is a Phone Camera a Forum Member took after the install of his OEM Black UICP. http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/16752/normal_2011-05-17_17-07-03_800.jpg

if you are looking for anything stealthier than that the only thing you can do is put a K&N Drop in because when it really comes down to it every cop is different and it's not unheard of for a cop to give someone a ticket even if their setups are CARB legal. (which if you read on the bottom of the first post my kit is Carb Pending)

Dyno Numbers, of course being that the kit has been in development for so long there is absolutely no doubt that this kit will give you guys some Nasty gains (in a good way) Within the next few weeks I will take a few select Evos with the help of the community and have before and after dyno runs performed. unfortunately I don't have my own In House Dyno so i want to round up a couple X's and go to the Dyno Facility the same day at the same time to have a solid average WHP Gain.

MA70Snowman
06-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh oh oh.. pick me, pick me. lol. All i've got is a CBexhuast and your UICP. and that UICP can be swapped to stock no problem, or it's a good start to see what base mods can do to increase the gains on the intake. actually depending on wher eyou plan on dynoing you might be to far for me lol. :buck2:

I like to Smash
06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
when the a/c runs, it blows hot air to the intake. Does this use some type of heatshield to prevent intake from heat soak???

raz0rbladez909
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
when the a/c runs, it blows hot air to the intake. Does this use some type of heatshield to prevent intake from heat soak???

"Now remember i said the kit was 99% done? well this is the 1% that is left and will leave it up to you guys. HEAT SHIELD! I tested several heat shield styles, from simple to complex designs like the Injen. and honestly the benefit out weights both the Cost AND the Effects. AIT's only dropped 1-2* cruising. The Injen and other intake on the market i logged with heat shields STILL heat soaks sitting at idle in traffic conditions, the downside to it being that when we started rolling at 60-70mph speeds it actually took longer to get the AIT's back to normal because the heat shield was isolating air circulation to the filter, and some cases to the pipe itself not to mention it quieted down the intake a little bit. so I will be making the Heatshield for the Intake Kit an Optional buy. i didn't forget about you Heat shield die hard fans! prices on those shields will be coming soon, but from my testing and design they are obsolete. This intake kit keeps the engine bay simple clean and Mean!. now the moment you have all been waiting for, pictures!!! "

FUEL
06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
^ what he said + it would just cover the intake from "prying eyes" and well to be honest IMO the chrome stuff belongs in FnF :buck2: can't stand the "chrome look"...but that's just me

Reading from a phone at 1am while at work...I just skimmed through your post... I must have missed the "stealth part" ... I prefer the ugly black stuff...and from experience the cops around the LA/OC area can be major jerks. :buck2:

The upper IC looks good...giant clamps I would end up spraying black (just to be safe)

Any plans for parts for the Evo VIII/IX ? I need some IC pipes for my rebuild and a whole new intake system...was going to run the stock set up...but If I can find something different THAT works even better.

I like reading real results not the "my homie says it works so it must be true! stuff" ...just me being pessamist that's all ;)

WhiteRS
06-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Pick my car completely stock 2011 x lol

amaev05
06-14-2011, 04:13 PM
stock 2010 se here for your testing pleasure if it means a good deal on an intake?

bardabe
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Midnight just got done doing paperwork bump! Send Paypal to [email protected] ASAP guys the Pre-Order Special ends soon before you have to pay the introductory Price!!!! which will only be good for another 3 weeks after pre sale anyway! get it while its at its lowest Brand new Price! i gurantee even Bardabe Performance Authorized Dealers wont be able to beat the pre order sale!

-Juan

l Sneaky Evo l
06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Nice job juan!

Andrew9RS
06-15-2011, 01:13 PM
O0

Props to Juan, Met him for the first time conveniently at my GFs sisters Bday Party! I was DRUNK but i DO remember checking out his IC piping kit and it was nice and legit.

Props for a Stand Up Guy and good Products!

bardabe
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Friday Bump Fellas feel free to ask any questions or concerns you may have I'll be more than happy to have a Q/A Session to get all speculations and doubts out of the way!

MA70Snowman
06-17-2011, 10:19 AM
No doubts from this field, i've seen it first hand and felt it. I would like to see a no kiding dyno just for curiosities sake.

any eta on first batchs? Its been 3 days since I've done something to the X and getting the itch againÂ* :uglystupid2:

BTW: There's NO reason everyone shouldn't be ordering this.. the prices are too good to be true, I'm scared Bardabe is going to go out of business w/ prices this low. If you already got an intake.. well it's inferior sell it off buy this one. and We need 999 other people to buy one so we can get carb stickers.

bardabe
06-19-2011, 11:08 AM
No doubts from this field, i've seen it first hand and felt it. I would like to see a no kiding dyno just for curiosities sake.

any eta on first batchs? Its been 3 days since I've done something to the X and getting the itch againÂ* :uglystupid2:

BTW: There's NO reason everyone shouldn't be ordering this.. the prices are too good to be true, I'm scared Bardabe is going to go out of business w/ prices this low. If you already got an intake.. well it's inferior sell it off buy this one. and We need 999 other people to buy one so we can get carb stickers.

well The machine shop fell a little bit behind but not a big deal, I can make up for their Lag, Tomorrow morning i pick up all the stuff so I can get to Making the Jig, weld em all up and drop off at powdercoater and polishing place. as soon as they are ready I will post up pictures of the batch haha. you will receive a call from me as soon as its ready =)

reggieting
06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Pre ordered mine today. Brake boosting with this kit feels and sounds insane.

raz0rbladez909
06-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Pre ordered mine, can't wait til it is in ;)

reggieting
06-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Seems like everyone's going polished Chris . Stealth mode for me. SD cops are dicks. Haha.

bardabe
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you guys, Glad to feel the support of this great comunity and the faith of all the pre-orders placed. Today I got a Giant Box of goodies from my machine shop. time to get craking on these bad boys.

on the other hand Pre-Sales are now officialy over, however for the next 5 orders I will cover this shipping. to save you some cash for the next MOD. While I weld all these up and get them pretied up for you guys I am working hard to provide you guys with a Nice Intercooler core! I'm thinking 3.5" Thick

MA70Snowman
06-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Seems like everyone's going polished Chris . Stealth mode for me. SD cops are dicks. Haha.

I'm with you man, plus bling has never been my style. Keep up the solid work Juan, and thanks for hooking up the community.

raz0rbladez909
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Haha I was gonna do neon yellow but decided it wouldn't flow too well if I changed my mind lol, figure if a
Cop sees a filter that big it's not gonna matter what color the pipe is.

reggieting
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
True. I'm just going to pull the " I bought it at autozone" card. Hahahahahahaha :-)

MA70Snowman
06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Haha I was gonna do neon yellow but decided it wouldn't flow too well if I changed my mind lol, figure if a
Cop sees a filter that big it's not gonna matter what color the pipe is.

Neon yellow woulda been SICK! "that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy" lol

RCA4697
06-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Any update on the kits??? :D can't wait!!!!

bardabe
06-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes I litteraly just stoped welding for the Day, I got all the UICP's done today, tomorrow i gotta buzz the Intake pipes together and drop them off to the polishing and powder coaters! after lunch time tomorrow it all comes down to the powdercoater and Polisher to when they go out.

I can't thank you guys enough for your patience and support. Dyno Numbers will be coming soon!

MA70Snowman
06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes I litteraly just stoped welding for the Day, I got all the UICP's done today, tomorrow i gotta buzz the Intake pipes together and drop them off to the polishing and powder coaters! after lunch time tomorrow it all comes down to the powdercoater and Polisher to when they go out.

I can't thank you guys enough for your patience and support. Dyno Numbers will be coming soon!

you can thank me for the support, but not the patience :D

bardabe
06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
ok guys talked to my powder coater just now looks like this weekend won't be a green light to ship. pre sales i should have them back by wednesday at which point i can do the final inspection and quality overview. keep the orders comming I am working hard at pumping these bad boys out. however for all of you guys that are waiting to pick up I am still behind on orders if you want yours ASAP i would suggest you send the paypal ASAP so that you can hold your spot in line. because at the order that they get paid for is the order they get shipped / received.

here is a tease of the ones i got done today that just got droped off at the powder coaters.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/intaketease.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/flange_tease2.png
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/Bardabe/Evo%20X/flange_tease.png

MA70Snowman
06-25-2011, 12:06 AM
the word.. "cock tease" comes to mind for some unknown reason. :roll:

RCA4697
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
any more teaser shots..... :)

raz0rbladez909
07-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Did somebody say something about more teaser shots? :coolsmiley:
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0615.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0616.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0617.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0621.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0622.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0628.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0631.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0632.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0633.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0634.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0635.jpg
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/raz0rbladez909/IMG_0637.jpg

Lets just say, today was a very long day of dyno testing and getting baselines for stock cars withand without the intakes on them. Needless to say, once Juan @ Bardabe Performance Development, and Naji @ Looney Tuning come in here, many of you will definitely be more than impressed ;)

nicklulu
07-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Unique color! Also looks that it's a bit longer (extra weld) too

Looks really noice!

Hows the BOV clearance?

it might be just the angle of the picture but it looks pretty close.

MA70Snowman
07-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Daymn razor love that color! Looks epic under the hood. So uh.... Where's the dyno? Sorry I couldnt make it. Was leaving same day you guys where running on the dyno

raz0rbladez909
07-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Ah as far as the bov goes the clearance is just fine I have no issues with it, and the dyno sheets were sent to Naji and he will be posting shortly to explain how much the intakes benefit compared to the stock setup. I will say this, on a cooler day we wouldve seen much better gains but at one point it was 105 out and it was still performing better throughout the powerband and spooling earlier than stock. I'm not too good at explaining it so im just gona let one of them poke in here

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 12:27 PM
^^^^ is yours custom made. By custom made, Jose added some length to it?

If so, why?

bardabe
07-03-2011, 12:35 PM
^^^^ is yours custom made. By custom made, Jose added some length to it?

If so, why?

Hi nick, only thing custom about his Intake UICP Combo is that its Yellow, everything else is the same as the other kits. reason he has an extra weld is because one of the pipes i got from my supplier was a tad bit short so i added on to it that's all.

and for everyone who wanted to see the gains. here is a link to the article of our Dyno Sessions. 104*+ weather. 112* Inside the Dyno Room, and still gained 40whp and 30ft lbs of torque!

http://www.bardabe.com/2011/07/bardabe-performance-intake-kit-evo/

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 12:45 PM
You also did Reggie's?!

Awesome!

Did you guys tested an MR?

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 01:07 PM
You wouldn't need to tune the car off the bat with your intake compared to others right?

raz0rbladez909
07-03-2011, 01:35 PM
No tune needed, the fuel trims were consistently in check and I've been monitoring ever since the install. It has performed better then stock the entire time ive been driving with it on. And about the pipe having an extra weld it is exactly what Juan said, but no big deal to me doesn't hurt performance in any way

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 02:08 PM
The article looks good.

I was hoping that an MR was also bench-marked.

What was the baseline HP of the cars?

bardabe
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
The article looks good.

I was hoping that an MR was also bench-marked.

What was the baseline HP of the cars?

hey nick unfortunately we had 1 MR but he had to go on a last minute business trip so we just did the GSR's and quite honestly i don't think the MR would have been any different. its the same engine tune and engine management.

yes on the article you see the Baseline pull and the Intake pull. so you have a comparison of stock vs Intake.

-Juan

reggieting
07-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Had a great time. Very hot day forsure. Drove the car last night 65* foggy and car feels amazing. I'll see if I can get a video tonight if I remember. But all in all worth it just hanging out. Can't wait for the rest of my bolt ons to tune. Can't wait to hang out again.

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 07:20 PM
the blue is the stock right and the red is the intake uicp (on the 2nd graph), pink stock and green on after (1st graph)?

I was looking for the 30 and 40 hp difference.

I think my brain is till on vacation mode.

lol

nicklulu
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
If you probably called me last minute, i'd probably drove from SD!

Just to hang out and see this kind of stuff gets my wheel spinning!

bardabe
07-04-2011, 03:04 AM
If you probably called me last minute, i'd probably drove from SD!

Just to hang out and see this kind of stuff gets my wheel spinning!

Ahhh Damn I should of called you. didn't know you would be down to go last minute. I'll keep you in mind / in line for the next dyno testing we do.

bardabe
07-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok Guys I will be extending this intro prices for a tad bit longer. These prices won't last forever but I'm working on Intercooler development now and need mroe time to complete them. but I'm also making more intakes. just gotta let me know what color you want them so i can have them powder coated and shipped to your door!

xmuscle
07-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Just wanna throw my 2 cents in - i saw the product, the install, and the testing. Great product Juan def knows his shit - The intake kit sounds amazing and the numbers don't lie - I will definitely be throwing this setup on once he gets some more in - Everyone should spent a sec and check out his product line.

nicklulu
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Does the intake come with a mounting braket? I was not able to see it in the pics.

I already have the UICP in black, it would be off if i decide to get the intake and go with a different color......

Not unless if i can trade my flat black in. :D

lol.

RCA4697
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I love the kit. once again, thanks to Juan, KT motoring, and everyone there last sat. (not so good in names) but the kit responds very good especially at top end. very happy with the purchase! All i need now is an exhaust, dp, testpipe and a good tune to get the full benefit.

thanks yall!

nicklulu
07-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Had a great time. Very hot day forsure. Drove the car last night 65* foggy and car feels amazing. I'll see if I can get a video tonight if I remember. But all in all worth it just hanging out. Can't wait for the rest of my bolt ons to tune. Can't wait to hang out again.

Reggie,

have you taken a video of it yet?

Did you guys have some clips from last Saturday?

raz0rbladez909
07-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Lol Nick you need to just buy one already I swear you won't be disappointed lol, but yes we have several videos I think they are on Facebook I have to figure out how to embed them I'm not so great with computers

nicklulu
07-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Lol Nick you need to just buy one already I swear you won't be disappointed lol, but yes we have several videos I think they are on Facebook I have to figure out how to embed them I'm not so great with computers

If you need technical assistance, I can help you out.

I'm a Service Desk Admin and do technical support for a living. :D

reggieting
07-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I have videos from Saturday. Before and after. But I dint know how to post it up on here without hosting somewhere else. Add me on fb. I have a couple videos posted on my page. Reggie Ting. My main pic is the same as my avatar.

nicklulu
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
^^^ post it in youtube....

I don't have a FB account.

I'm avoiding drama..... lol

reggieting
07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't have a YouTube account lol. Photobucket didn't do videos. I'll try to figure something out after dinner.

reggieting
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Depends on how tired I am from work tomorrow but I might attend the meet tomorrow. Make X owners aware of the bardabe performance intake. :) ill take you for a ride along if I we both attend.

nicklulu
07-06-2011, 05:24 AM
I'll try to be there since we have a family friend from Vegas visiting here in SD for a week.

O0

bardabe
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Got a couple batches sitting at the powdercoaters, will be in stock again Wednesday!

CICreations
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm curious if that cone filter will fit inside the AEM box and clamp onto the AEM pipe? I sure wish this kit had been available when I bought my 08 Evo X. Love the powder coated flat black lookÂ* ;)

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL782/4062909/21908738/377319326.jpg

amaev05
07-19-2011, 06:30 PM
well the filter is 7" od and a 3" piping. got tape measure?

bardabe
07-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm curious if that cone filter will fit inside the AEM box and clamp onto the AEM pipe? I sure wish this kit had been available when I bought my 08 Evo X. Love the powder coated flat black lookÂ* ;)

Measure the Box see if it'll fit, but why would you want to keep an intake that throws your Fuel trims off the wall???

on other news WE ARE BACK IN STOCK ORDER UP BOYS!!!

CICreations
07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
PM me the shipped price for the intake &UICP kit in black ;)

bardabe
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM
empty your PM's please lol your inbox is full.

CICreations
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
empty your PM's please lol your inbox is full.

Oops, guess that explains why I haven't been getting PM's. I just thought there was no love for CI lately lol. PM's are cleared out!
Is the AEM intake known to be problematic on the X's? My tuner didn't mention anything to me about it so I assumed it was all good?
BTW, just curious, how hard would it be to cover the blingy parts of the cone filter with black paint or coat?

Thanks guys and keep doing what you're doing!

reggieting
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
1000 miles on my UICP and intake since the dyno earlier this month. Loving it.

CICreations
07-20-2011, 07:09 PM

What were you running before?

reggieting
07-20-2011, 11:55 PM

What were you running before?

100% stock. These were my first mods.

raz0rbladez909
07-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Not trying to whore up your thread Juan but if someone wants a color that's a little bit different my Bardabe Performance intake is for sale as well, not because I didn't like it but I'm getting rid of my car today. So make me an offer if you're interested. http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=111558.0

xmuscle
07-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Why you gettin ride of your car? and how much you want for it? - RG FTW homie!!!

bardabe
07-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Back in Stock :)

bardabe
07-29-2011, 01:09 AM
wow so Im finally caught up on orders! and have them in stock for pick up or ready to ship!!!

CICreations
08-09-2011, 10:09 PM
PM'd ;)

CICreations
08-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Excited to get my ASAP Bardabe intake in the mail! Stand by for the stealthy goodness ;)

CICreations
08-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Before:

After:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com:80/VOL782/4062909/23447940/398190778.jpg

O0

socalturbo
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
your engine bay is so clean! lol

reggieting
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
3k miles on my UICP and intake. Time for some new mods Juan!!!!!

MA70Snowman
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Y is ur engine cover black?

CICreations
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM

Yours didn't come black?Â* :?

CICreations
08-23-2011, 09:12 AM
your engine bay is so clean! lol

It will look nicer with that Synapse DV ;)

MA70Snowman
08-23-2011, 11:31 AM

mine's red lol. I thought all the X's were red. only one i've seen black was my buddys RA

CICreations
08-23-2011, 11:34 AM

mine's red lol. I thought all the X's were red. only one i've seen black was my buddys RA

I just told Sam the black cover looked sexy and then he made me do some things I'm not proud of and then I had a black cover. It was worth it, but I still can't look Sam in the eyes. :(

nicklulu
08-24-2011, 08:14 AM

hows the difference between aem and the bardabe intake?

bardabe
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Will Have More intakes in Stock on Wednesday fellas! order up!

xhazeyx
09-06-2011, 11:53 PM

hows the difference between aem and the bardabe intake?

I really want to know this. If it is enough to warrant me dropping the price for a new intake, I will totally do it. Too bad this intake didn't come out when I got my car.

CICreations
09-17-2011, 06:59 AM
I will be having the car retuned today with the new intake. I'll post the results over the AEM intake.

CICreations
09-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Car is sounding absolutely beastly on the dyno! I do apologize mother earth for the exhaust smoke ;)

[reserved for dyno results]

bardabe
09-17-2011, 06:16 PM
*Dyno noise*

Andrew9RS
09-17-2011, 06:29 PM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

MA70Snowman
09-17-2011, 08:41 PM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

fk if that does us any good :D share the wealth! I got one so I'm not to worried but would be cool to see

Andrew9RS
09-18-2011, 03:37 AM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

fk if that does us any good :D share the wealth! I got one so I'm not to worried but would be cool to see

I'm not posting any results until the maker comes and lets the info out. But I must say, I'm rather Impressed O0

CICreations
09-18-2011, 08:45 AM
lol I'm waiting on the dyno graphs from Alfred. I'll post them up when I get them. ;)

CICreations
09-18-2011, 10:26 AM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

Hold up, how do you know the #'s? lol

Andrew9RS
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

Cause i'm a Sneaky Ninja!

MA70Snowman
09-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Dang it Juan, stop procrastinating! :crazy2:

CICreations
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
heheheh

I know the #s O0

Cause i'm a Sneaky Ninja!

So it would seem ;)

Andrew9RS
09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
This is all I'm posting! LOL

Just Did Back to Back Dyno, AEM Intake for Evo X VS Bardabe Performance Intake, Bardabe Performance Made XXwhp and XXft/lbs more than AEM.

heheheheheh

:smitten:

CICreations
09-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Well it's not really as clear cut as to say the BB intake made X more then the AEM since a WGA, 3-Part, and test pipe were also installed and the 2 tunes are 2 years apart. The BB intake does, however, look cleaner in the engine bay and makes some mean noise being an open element over the enclosed AEM. So far I'm happy with it and Juan's customer service is on point!

MA70Snowman
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Well it's not really as clear cut as to say the BB intake made X more then the AEM since a WGA, 3-Part, and test pipe were also installed and the 2 tunes are 2 years apart. The BB intake does, however, look cleaner in the engine bay and makes some mean noise being an open element over the enclosed AEM. So far I'm happy with it and Juan's customer service is on point!

I'll second the Customer service, plus I have him on speed dial :D, and it does sound VERY aggressive

Andrew9RS
09-19-2011, 02:21 AM

I'll second the Customer service, plus I have him on speed dial :D, and it does sound VERY aggressive

Sound Clips NOW or it sounds like a Honda LOL!

CICreations
09-19-2011, 05:36 AM
^ lol I'll get the GoPro on the car this week and do a couple pulls so you can hear the intake suck goodness! The stock BOVsounds like it's damn near VTA now lol. All the forum members that are buying aftermarket BOVs for more sound should just go with an open element intake instead. Might keep all the HKS BOVs off the classifieds lol.

MA70Snowman
09-19-2011, 08:21 PM
^ lol I'll get the GoPro on the car this week and do a couple pulls so you can hear the intake suck goodness! The stock BOVsounds like it's damn near VTA now lol. All the forum members that are buying aftermarket BOVs for more sound should just go with an open element intake instead. Might keep all the HKS BOVs off the classifieds lol.

accurate and I agree 100%

CICreations
09-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Quick sound clips to and from work today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOSudlxxh1M

MA70Snowman
09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
nice but honestly it just doesn't do it justice.

CICreations
09-20-2011, 05:36 AM
I agree. The wind noise is hard to overcome. Maybe I'll try inside the car with the windows up.

Andrew9RS
09-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Damn, Listen to that thing spool, I could only imagine how it sounds in person!

Juan! lets Start developing for my IX!

bardabe
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
^^^^ I've been telling you man! let's convert it to MAF MAP so I can do some real sick wid it parts!

evox11
09-24-2011, 11:28 AM
nice work juan

bardabe
09-27-2011, 12:29 AM
^^^ Thanks steve, time to get your hooked up.

UPDATE NUMBER 1: EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT A KIT FOR ME THERE IS A SLIGHT RECALL ON THE INTAKE, NOTHING MAJOR AND NOTHING THAT AFFECTS PERFORMANCE. I HAVE FINALLY CAME UP WITH A BRACKET TO HOLD THE INTAKE IN PLACE. EVERYONE WHO WANTS THEIR INTAKE UPDATED PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL TO [email protected]

UPDATE NUMBER 2: Seems like my intake has made its way to evoxforums.com why members that haven't even tested it or seen it in person are giving it bad publicity is beyond me, if you want to share your experience that would be rad.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=911124#post911124

Andrew9RS
09-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Let me know when you need me and my IX

Surg
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
How have these kits evolved over the year? It's now 2012.

nicklulu
11-23-2012, 11:17 AM
How have these kits evolved over the year? It's now 2012.

Reggie,

You got this one?

reggieting
11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
I can't say forsure as I've been MIA. Hit Juan up. Pm Juan, he'll answer any questions you've got.