PDA

View Full Version : When it rain's, it pours....Help?

DynamicEVO8
06-28-2011, 08:59 PM
So i have an 05 evo8. My car has been very good to me over the years, and hasn't been much of a terror. I am having a couple issues that i thought might be able to be resolved by some forum help.

1. I have a set of HKS 272 cams. For some reason my intake cam looks like it has 300,000 miles on it, while the other looks like i just put it in?

2. Oil pressure light started blinking on and off out of the blue? (I have a OP gauge, and is reading 18psi @ idle when oil is hot ) This only happens when the car is hot.?

3.My idle has dropped about 200rpm for no reason at all. Could it be time for another tune? considering i just got tuned by Naji aka Looney tuned!

I switched to 10/40 oil to maybe help with the oil press. problem with no avail. If anyone has any idea of what could be causing these issues it would be greatly appreciated.Â* :mitsu:
My car has 48,000 miles, and has always had maintenance done when is due....

DynamicEVO8
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
bump...

kambodianboi
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Did you take out the cams or just removed the valve cover to view the cams? Explain in more detail about the intake cams. Is it scratched, etc. Why does it look like it have 300,000 miles on it.

You may want to do a compression test to be on the safe side of things too. Also, how much oil are you putting into the car? self serviced and maintained?

DynamicEVO8
06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
It was all done up at massimo power....We just removed the valve cover to check one of my lifter's out, and noticed what looked like burnt oil all over the intake cam.....There wasn't any scaring, or scratches

and for the oil....5qts roughly??

jamesinger
06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I try to work on my own car as much as possible but if this happened to me, I would just have my car towed to Massimo if that is the shop you go to for work. If you feel confident, drive there but get in to the shop. I can do stuff to my car but the symptoms you are describing sound scarier than simple stuff. That is just my safe .02. Good Luck and please update so we can get info out of your unfortunate experience.

kambodianboi
06-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Sounds like you have a burnt/damage piston ring maybe. As for oil change, I usually put in about 4.3qts. Not sure if putting 5qts make that much of a difference in oil compression.

DynamicEVO8
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the advice guys....much appreciated..