PDA

View Full Version : AMS intake install help...

trenalsur
07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I installed the AMS intake in my car. The problem is that my idle became erradic and now I want to go back to stock.

I was removing the air sensor and didn't realize the screws were star shapped intead of phillips. I used a phillips and stripped it clean.

Anyone know where I can get a set of these little stock screws, the size of the screwdriver that I need and how to remove the stripped screw?

Anyone out there that can help me? I can buy you diner?

I've hit a roadblock yesterday night. I get off work at 5:30pm tonight. Im in Downtown Los Angeles.

Anyone have a set of these screws laying around or know the size so that I can head to autozone or homedepot?

Thanks eveyrone.

ev0lution
07-19-2011, 01:03 PM
tap the screw to get it out - if you dont have a tap or know how to do it i suggest you google it

you can get the screws from mitsubishi (just call up any mitsu dealer)

the idle is erradic probably because you need to get your car tuned after an intake install. if you dont get it tuned and install the intake you'll see no gains anyways.

hold ups are never fun, good luck with it!

LakaiorDie
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
tap the screw to get it out - if you dont have a tap or know how to do it i suggest you google it

you can get the screws from mitsubishi (just call up any mitsu dealer)

the idle is erradic probably because you need to get your car tuned after an intake install. if you dont get it tuned and install the intake you'll see no gains anyways.

hold ups are never fun, good luck with it!

+1 what he said!