PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to RRE for the late night

EVOL EDO
07-23-2011, 08:46 AM
I just got my clutch(act 2900) and 60k done at RRE on 22nd.Â* Once again RRE did a great job.Â* I much appreciate them stayin late to finish it up.Â* I dropped off my car at 10 got a call around 7 saying they noticed my water pump was leaking and they asked if I wanted it changed.Â* I said of course asked how much and they gave me a great price.Â* They scavenged around the shop and found they had one so they could get my car back to me.Â* They stayed late too my car was finished up around 11.Â* I really felt bad but I did not have the option of coming back due to the fact I just moved to SF and I drove down here thursday night to have RRE do my service and clutch and will be going back sunday.Â* RRE gave me a great deal and great service once again.Â* Thanks again to Ruben, Mike, and Rob for staying late.Â* Â*O0

drifthobo
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
good stuff, they did my clutch too this week.

Kobe24
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Lol I think the water pump theyhad was from me because I did my 60k there, and they said my water pump was leaking. They said I had to wait another day, and I was like screw that, so I had to go pick up the WP.at a different shop. RRE is cool and all but when they did my 60k they didn't fill up my coolant which I didn't notice until 5 days later. Goes to show you shouldn't trust anyone. Left my cars there for 2 days wtf and I dropped the car off in the morning and had to pick it up on the second day at night. Bad experience but only place I can go to. Expect me to come back when I need a clutch rep

VersanchO
07-26-2011, 01:13 AM
I was told, whenever water pump request , mechanic will have to drain all of coolant out including in side motor as well to do the jobs, and in order to completely fill cooling system. it will take some time because of an air bubble in side the block. most likely they did fill up your reservoir however whenever bubble escape the coolant will fill in the gap. reason why you reservoir is low. Commonly occurs after water pump been replace. it will take few's day for system to get rids of bubble.

C-Spec Tuning
07-26-2011, 02:43 AM
nice

Kobe24
07-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks for clarifying and no it wasn't running on low. It was empty w/ only a ffew drops in the reservoirÂ* . Hmm makes me wonder what the damage would be if I was running low for a couple of days. It wasn't overheating either

BoostFrenzy
07-26-2011, 10:55 PM
most likely they did fill up your reservoir however whenever bubble escape the coolant will fill in the gap. reason why you reservoir is low. Commonly occurs after water pump been replace. it will take few's day for system to get rids of bubble.

This is 100% correct. I did my pump on my GSX with them and I checked it a few days later and it was really low. Filled it up and went on my way. Modern day cars burp themselves so all you have to do is check the reservoir.

Mike W
07-26-2011, 11:29 PM
The overflow reservoir is just that. A reservoir. It is the overflow for the system. When the coolant gets hot it expands and goes out into the reservoir. WHen it cools down, it contracts and gets sucked back into the cooling system.

It would be nice if it had coolant in it of course. But if after a couple heat cycles the cooling system sucks some coolant into the closed part of the system, the reservoir will be empty. If that is the case, put some water in it :-) And contact me if you have an issue. Dont keep it a secret :-)

Mike W