PDA

View Full Version : NEW PRODUCT: TWM Performance FULL REPLACEMENT Short Shifter Coming SOON!

TWM Performance
08-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Great news for the Evo X community! TWM Performance has been hard at work doing some brand new R&D for the Evo X in the shifting department. Even after designing our Evo X short shifter and bushings, we've always felt that there was play in the transmission cables and the unit itself. So we looked into what exactly was causing this.

Basically it came down to two factors. The actual cables had play in them, and the full plastic unit that houses the shifter, flexes under hard shifting. So we went to work on a solution.

What we designed is another one of our Full Replacement short shifters. This will be TWM's 3rd unit (right now we offer FR's for the Mazda community and Honda's) and it could very well be our best one yet!

Made of 100% steel and TIG welded, this unit will use the TWM Performance Evo X short shifter. The reduction in throw will be 25%-35% and will feature a relocated pivot point. It will be interchangeable between a street version and race version (street version will have low pivot point and race version will bring the shifter closer to the steering wheel by elevating the pivot point). Structural rigidity will be increased by about 100% which will improve feel and feedback immensely.

Pricing will be around $450 and the cage only will be available separately for people who already own a TWM Performance short shifter!

For the time being here is a teaser of our engineering product rendering :)

UPDATE

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228834_10150260659514192_131414399191_7150313_6645 412_n.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR THE OFFICIAL PRODUCT LAUNCH COMING SOON!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

***Specs are of prototype only and subject to change****

popdakebin
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
man that looks nice. Still on the stock shifter and it sucks =( Every now and then I would grind a little on a fast shift because it won't go in.

Poondoggs
08-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a TWM short shifter with a heavy shift knob with upgraded bushings. Definitely feels a whole lot better. Can't wait to see this product!

SAVAGEcorpsman
08-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Wowowowow! Now make this por the 9 plz : ]

BoostFrenzy
08-13-2011, 04:45 AM
I've been waiting on someone to make this. I'm in for one!

Quick question though: As far am mounting it to the car, will it be solid mounted (as it looks) or will your (or others) base bushing be needed?