PDA

View Full Version : Netbook for tuning

monkeyevo
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm looking to buy netbook for tuning Evo and microsoft office sometime so any recommend ? I saw Toshiba n455 which has 250 hard drive, 1 gb memory, 1.66hz CPU intel atom. I wondering if the specification meet tuning program requirement. Or anyone using netbook tuning now? Thank you in advance

Blak94GSX
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
For tuning you don't need much power. Any netbook running Windows should be fine. The main problem with a netbook is the screen size can be kinda small when viewing some of the large tables, but if you aren't tuning on it all day every day that shouldn't be a real issue. For reading/writing maps to the ecu and the occasional update with some logging is all fine on a netbook running windows.

baylorar
08-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm looking to buy netbook for tuning Evo and microsoft office sometime so any recommend ? I saw Toshiba n455 which has 250 hard drive, 1 gb memory, 1.66hz CPU intel atom. I wondering if the specification meet tuning program requirement. Or anyone using netbook tuning now? Thank you in advance

This should be fine for tuning. I've tuned my car using a Dell netbook with similar specs. As Mike said above, viewing the tables sucks sometimes, but it's not that big of a deal.

DTunedEvoX
08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi Mike (lol)

monkeyevo
08-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank you for suggestion. Do I need to add memory? As I'm going to use Microsoft office sometime? So netbook is good enough for tuning. I ll get it then since it's $230 thank you guys but ifanyone hZ other input that would be appreciated.

baylorar
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you for suggestion. Do I need to add memory? As I'm going to use Microsoft office sometime? So netbook is good enough for tuning. I ll get it then since it's $230 thank you guys but ifanyone hZ other input that would be appreciated.

Nah, mine ran just fine with 1GB of memory. I use MS office all the time with mine.

amaev05
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I am going to use mine for logging and flashing and une my home pc fore fine tuning the maps.

baylorar
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
I am going to use mine for logging and flashing and une my home pc fore fine tuning the maps.

Going home after each pull to update AFR, boost, timing, etc, would suck. It's nice to find a spot where you can do a pull, park, look at logs, tweak stuff, and do it all over again.

amaev05
08-25-2011, 08:20 PM
true when your tuning a car for the first time or making major adjustments, however if your car is tuned and you are only making minor adjustments or smoothing maps a larger screen is far superior.
so it is a bad choice for a pro tuner but good for the self tuner