PDA

View Full Version : Going wingless question.

Rolex_Evo_X
08-23-2011, 07:01 PM
So I've decided to go wingless but I don't know what to use to plug the holes. Anyone who has gone wingless, can you please help me out?

ThanksÂ* :smitten:

DTunedEvoX
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
vinyl stickers .. i went wingless and still havent plugged the holes ... Just go to the mall and get some 1/4 inch circles cut out ... shouldnt cost much- might even have some scrap vinyl laying around you can ask to take ...

That or electrical tape but the adheasive on that is killer on our paint ...

RiG
08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Go to Lowes and get some little plastic/rubber plugs.Â* I dont remember what size I used but thats what I did for a while.Â* I ended up putting my wing back on though. You could even piant the plugs to match the car if you have some touch up paint

socalrallired09
08-24-2011, 09:35 AM
just do vinyl stickers I did and I havent had any issues

kambodianboi
08-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I didn't cover those holes, just left them open. But I decided to put back on the wing, so...yeah!

socalturbo
08-24-2011, 09:51 AM
get an se trunk :) i closed the holes on mine haha i kinda regret it now but eh i like the wingless look better

Rolex_Evo_X
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I went to loses and found hole plugs but it only covered half of the holes. I'm going to try the vinyl stickers for the other.
If anything I would want to get a Do-Luck trunk :)

socalturbo
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Do luck trunks are sexy on X

mistermarc
08-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Try to find a se or mr trunk makes it look alot cleaner.

wwevoxgsr
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
stickers or new trunk?

DTunedEvoX
09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Stickers to hold you over for 1.00 ... In the end its cosmetic really .. sure beats $500 for a replica that could be used for maintanence or other more visually pleasing to the eye aesthetics or power mods.

limvolution
09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Real men use blue tape! hahahahahaha

#1Noob
05-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Stickers to hold you over for 1.00 ... In the end its cosmetic really .. sure beats $500 for a replica that could be used for maintanence or other more visually pleasing to the eye aesthetics or power mods.

I'm just curious, the people using electrical tape, vinyl, stickers or rubber plugs to cover the holes, why did you remove the wing? And are the stickers/vinyl color matching your car? Did you take the wing off for aesthetic reasons? Because I would rather look at the huge wing than 4 or 6 vinyl circles or black rubber circles on my car. And if it is for aesthetics, then no, an unsightly $1.00 fix does not beat $500 for a replica or another trunk lid. Do you also put on unpainted body kits? I mean why paint it when the $500-$800 it costs to paint a bodykit could be used for something else aesthetically pleasing or a power mod?

To each their own I guess...

DTunedEvoX
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
The GTS/Ralliart wing totally blocked my vision.
And while not as big as the SSS wing; it still attracted attention.
I spend 95% of the time inside my car and I look out the rear view mirror; PERSONALLY the holes or vinyl or whatever do not bother me as I dont spend all day obsessing about my trunk that I cant even see from inside the car.

For the 95% of the time I spend DDing my car I like the way my car looks aesthethically without the wing and dropped.
If I'm able to get a SSS wing - sure I'll put it on here and there; and when I hit the track it'll go back on the car.

Thats the beauty of having OPTIONS ...

Definitely to each their own if you dont get it.

#1Noob
05-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I spend 95% of the time inside my car and I look out the rear view mirror; PERSONALLY the holes or vinyl or whatever do not bother me as I dont spend all day obsessing about my trunk that I cant even see from inside the car.

For the 95% of the time I spend DDing my car I like the way my car looks aesthethically without the wing and dropped.
If I'm able to get a SSS wing - sure I'll put it on here and there; and when I hit the track it'll go back on the car.

For visibility reasons I understand, I can't see anything out of my rearview mirror.

I wouldn't say I spend all day obsessing about my car, if you saw how dirty it was you would agree, but holes, stickers or rubber plugs stick out like a sore thumb. It's the first thing I noticed on a coworker's Civic when I walked by it, he just had holes and the car was silver. It was also the first thing I noticed on an Accord I saw in a shopping mall parking lot once, he had blue painter's tape on a champagne colored car.

An extra trunk lid gives you options too and I'm sure it's not that much more difficult to constantly swap out lids than installing the wing on and off again.

Ruthless.Fab.VP
05-24-2012, 05:40 AM

For visibility reasons I understand, I can't see anything out of my rearview mirror.

I wouldn't say I spend all day obsessing about my car, if you saw how dirty it was you would agree, but holes, stickers or rubber plugs stick out like a sore thumb. It's the first thing I noticed on a coworker's Civic when I walked by it, he just had holes and the car was silver. It was also the first thing I noticed on an Accord I saw in a shopping mall parking lot once, he had blue painter's tape on a champagne colored car.

An extra trunk lid gives you options too and I'm sure it's not that much more difficult to constantly swap out lids than installing the wing on and off again.

Im wingless and trust me, the six .5" black circle vinyls i have over the holes is not an eyesore. Most people dont notice until they are right up on my trunk. Evos are sexy and a few covered holes arent going to deter u from the beauty of the rest of the car. I just prefer the wingless look, car flows better when dropped imo. Just an observation cause im actually taking the route ur talking about..paintmatched Do Luck Duckbill for DDing and my stocker with the wing for the track. Not cause the holes bother me, just cause that Duckbill is too sexy to pass up ;)

DTunedEvoX
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM

When I have enough for a painte Do-Lunk trunk I'll have an extra Trunk lid LOL ...
I've been looking for a OB SSS Wing for a long time - just not sellers at the moment ...
And as far as what other people think - when they start making my car payment they can do whatever they want with the car- until then if they dont like it *shrug* it dosnt bother me..
I too just prefer the way the car looks wingless from a distance.

Ruthless.Fab.VP
05-28-2012, 11:42 AM

When I have enough for a painte Do-Lunk trunk I'll have an extra Trunk lid LOL ...
I've been looking for a OB SSS Wing for a long time - just not sellers at the moment ...
And as far as what other people think - when they start making my car payment they can do whatever they want with the car- until then if they dont like it *shrug* it dosnt bother me..
I too just prefer the way the car looks wingless from a distance.

Man i could not have put it any better..as long as im makin the payment, ill continue modding the way that makes me happiest. And good luck with the SSS wing..i WILL NOT hate on that decision if u find one ;)

popdakebin
05-29-2012, 10:16 PM
I have the vinyl stickers and I don't even notice them anymore. Since my car is WW, the vinyl matches pretty well. I just like the subtle agressive look =) plus I hated the gts wing. I now have the lip spoiler. I don't think I'd ever trade for the large wing.

theinnereffect
05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
I have the vinyl stickers and I don't even notice them anymore. Since my car is WW, the vinyl matches pretty well. I just like the subtle agressive look =) plus I hated the gts wing. I now have the lip spoiler. I don't think I'd ever trade for the large wing.

Where did you get them? I'm also ww and want to do this....

DTunedEvoX
05-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Where did you get them? I'm also ww and want to do this....

Any sticker shop or Kiosk? Hell if they have a trashcan and have some WHITE laying around ask if you can have it for free even *shrug*

theinnereffect
05-31-2012, 08:41 PM
lol sounds like a plan