PDA

View Full Version : front knuckle caliper bolt evo X

regs
09-03-2011, 11:20 PM
so recently 1 bolt fell while i was cruising @ the freeway and my caliper fell on the drum of my RE30s and scraped it so bad, both brembo calipers and re30s are working, just has a super bad rash on the inside drum area, ive looked @ napa and some local shops for that bolt that fell down and they dont have it, called mitsu and they say the part number is mu000287, but i cant find it online, can anyone guide me in the right direction in finding this part? my car is my DD and its the long weekend... mitsu is closed and cant get the part till friday :(Â* :'( :'(

Mike W
09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Ouch, that happened to my old '90 Eclipse on the freeway once. The caliper sawed the wheel in half and made a 1/4 mile debris trail across 3 lanes :-P It was the loudest ripping exploding noise I have heard driving. I got out expecting to see my wheel had fallen off. The whole wheel was there with the tire too. WTF? Then I noticed no caliper and no inner wheel. I could hear all my junk getting run over.

Take off the other bolt you still have and run it by a hardware store and see if you can match it up to something. Or PM me with your cell phone number and maybe I can meet you at the shop when I am out running some errands. We can dig through the nut/bolt bin.

Mike W

regs
09-04-2011, 10:50 AM
thanks mike, i found a bolt at NAPA but they told me its only grade 5 and the stock ones are grade 8 , im scared to drive it since the bolt may break in half and cause more problems, btw you guys did a great job tuning my car, it made 340 by merely adding bolt-ons and a tune...