PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S - Your thoughts...

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
So, if you haven't notice. No iPhone 5, just a iPhone 4S.

Main features from the regular iPhone 4..
- New A5 processor
- Upgraded 8MP Camera
- iOS5 (But soon to be applied to all Apple Devices)

What's your thoughts about it, opinions...

jebus27
10-04-2011, 01:06 PM
apple is screwed without anymore samsung processors

no 4g option sucks ballz

jebus27
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
the iJarrod 4g will dominate this POS iPhone

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah, oh well. Remember the very first iPhone, no Copy and Paste, gosh...

Im debating if I should buy one, but the similarity to the iPhone 4 is ALOT. So I might not buy one anyways, lol. They should of just skipped out the iPhone 4S and stick with iPhone 4, but just following along with iOS5.

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
the iJarrod 4g will dominate this POS iPhone
*Giggles*

EvoIX007
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
LAME...i was expecting more for the new iphone

ebevo
10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
So, if you haven't notice. No iPhone 5, just a iPhone 4S.

Main features from the regular iPhone 4..
- New A5 processor
- Upgraded 8MP Camera
- iOS5 (But soon to be applied to all Apple Devices)

What's your thoughts about it, opinions...

you forgot about the personal assistant called "Siri" Â*O0

any how I thought it was a major let down not having a i5 model...I was thinking about getting an iphone since I have an itouch for almost a year now and must say it's been very reliable in terms of not crashing and response time.

I'm not a fan of droid phones great idea but it has issues that needs working out.

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
you forgot about the personal assistant called "Siri" Â*O0
Yeah, it's pretty lame as it's a software feature exclusive to iPhone 4S. But after time, they'll enable it as they did with the Multi-Task on the 3G

evoutionIX
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
in a way, I think it would have been too soon to release the 5. it's only been a little over a year since the 4 came out and don't they usually wait about a couple of years to release the next generation trying to build up the hype to get consumers interested in wanting more, right?!?! it's only a minor upgrade that i think it's a bit reasonable. I too was a bit disappointed but oh well, have to get over it and enjoy my 4 a little bit longer O0

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
in a way, I think it would have been too soon to release the 5. it's only been a little over a year since the 4 came out and don't they usually wait about a couple of years to release the next generation trying to build up the hype to get consumers interested in wanting more, right?!?! it's only a minor upgrade that i think it's a bit reasonable. I too was a bit disappointed but oh well, have to get over it and enjoy my 4 a little bit longer O0
Yes, they usually wait about 2 years.

1st Hype
2nd Revision
3rd New

2muchboost
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I phone will always be the cool phone to have. Its just now we finally have other options that really are "Better" than the Iphone.

evoutionIX
10-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I phone will always be the cool phone to have. Its just now we finally have other options that really are "Better" than the Iphone.

LIES!!! wanna have a phone duel to the death to see who's is better??

EvolvedMCC
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM
iPhail 4S.

lookin at Samsung Galaxy S2 or Droid Bionic...

NativeSS
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
i'm getting it. it's a huge upgrade from my 3GS. was waiting for the I5, so fuck it... tired of waiting.

DTunedEvoX
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
If you have a 3g/3gs - its a great upgrade ... or any ANDROID phone whos battery life sucks ass ...

If you currently have a 4 - not worth the upgrade unless you really need a 64gb or 8mp camera ...

Good news to Sprint customers as well as 100 other networks .

My iPhone has been reliable to me and has always been pretty intuitive; the fact that its jailbroken and I get most of the apps and games I want is great as well .. *shrug*

2muchboost
10-04-2011, 02:53 PM

I have a Droid X2 overclocked to 10.8 GHz! We can have a battle to see whos phone can open the most pages of meatspin before crashing! yeah? :D

j.liu
10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
so is the iphone 4s going to make the iphone 4 prices drop?

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, by $100

j.liu
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, by $100

that's only through ATT only though right?

chinoxmk22
10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
who cares if it don't have 4G. Most places don't even have 4G yet. Same shit when 3G was out, my area didn't have it a looooooooong time. Its all good. my iPhone 4 has been the most reliable phone I've ever owned. unlike both POS androids that i've had... battery life sux, more than half of the apps don't function, touch screen wasn't like the iPhone.

jebus27
10-04-2011, 05:07 PM

I have a Droid X2 overclocked to 10.8 GHz! We can have a battle to see whos phone can open the most pages of meatspin before crashing! yeah? :D

buwahahahahahahaha, the iphone cant even open any pages that have flash!!!!

iPhail!!!!!

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Quite opposite for me with iPhones, I went thru alot lol.

As a developer, I prefer Android...

As a user, I prefer iPhone...

Hence why I have both, :D

jbenosa
10-04-2011, 05:22 PM
let's go back to motorola pagers.....

Jarrod: 43770
me: 41
Jarrod: 17774275 179
me: 170741176

Translation:
Jarrod: hello
me: hi
Jarrod: whats up
me: nothing

Dead_Pirate
10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Some cool info

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-vs-the-smartphone-elite-galaxy-s-ii-bionic-and-tita/

chinoxmk22
10-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Quite opposite for me with iPhones, I went thru alot lol.

As a developer, I prefer Android...

As a user, I prefer iPhone...

Hence why I have both, :D

were you jailbreaking? I think I had every single iPhone besides the 3Gs, all were jailbroken except the 4 lol

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 05:43 PM
let's go back to motorola pagers.....

Jarrod: 43770
me: 41
Jarrod: 17774275 179
me: 170741176

Translation:
Jarrod: hello
me: hi
Jarrod: whats up
me: nothing
lol, omg! I was like 6 when I delt with pagers and those brick Motorola cell phones.

were you jailbreaking? I think I had every single iPhone besides the 3Gs, all were jailbroken except the 4 lol
Yeah, I jailbroke all my iPhones, including the iPhone 4, but it seems alot slower, so I unjailbroke it. Right now it's stock.

chinoxmk22
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I remember the 1st iPhone I bought, jailbroke it and it broke like 3 months later lol.... got a 2G and jailbroke it, lasted until I dropped it and it shattered the screen. got the "mytouch" and it was a POS. sold it and got a 3G, it lasted over a year until the iPhone 4 came out, the new software made it super slow so I got rid of it and bought the Galaxy S. I hated that pos. Sold it 4 months later and switched to verizon and got the 4. Best phone by far :) not even jailbroken........

kambodianboi
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I remember the 1st iPhone I bought, jailbroke it and it broke like 3 months later lol.... got a 2G and jailbroke it, lasted until I dropped it and it shattered the screen. got the "mytouch" and it was a POS. sold it and got a 3G, it lasted over a year until the iPhone 4 came out, the new software made it super slow so I got rid of it and bought the Galaxy S. I hated that pos. Sold it 4 months later and switched to verizon and got the 4. Best phone by far :) not even jailbroken........
Haha pretty much like me. But I broke more iPhone 3G and 3GS. I broke my Galaxy S once and bought a new one. iPhone 4 still running strong, but I dont use it much, just randomly. Cant stand having a brick in my pocket most of the day :P

G20
10-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll stick with my Samsung Focus Windows phone. It seem like everyone and their mommy have iPhone nowaday. I'm not sure what is the future of windows phone so, but Windows 8 is looking promise.

chinoxmk22
10-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Haha pretty much like me. But I broke more iPhone 3G and 3GS. I broke my Galaxy S once and bought a new one. iPhone 4 still running strong, but I dont use it much, just randomly. Cant stand having a brick in my pocket most of the day :P

Were you also running on t-mobile? My other buddy is a pioneer on this lol... 1st gen iPhone with the cut sim card from AT&T making it work for tmobile lol... Old school way to jailbreak. I think I had the 3Gs too, but I sold it for the mytouch.

lepo_qq
10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Since I'm stuck with sprint, And I have the HTC EVO. with terrible battery life, I can't wait to finally be able to get the Iphone. lol.

Jperez43evo8mr
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Since I'm stuck with sprint, And I have the HTC EVO. with terrible battery life, I can't wait to finally be able to get the Iphone. lol.

I have the evo, still prefer it to an iPhone. An extended battery ftw. 2 extended batteries ftmfw lol. One for use other for back up. I haven't used the backup.

I'll keep my evo until the i5 comes out or any other Droid or Windows phone that is better than iPhone. I've never own anything Apple(phone, ipod, itunes, etc...).

Jperez43evo8mr
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Plus, 4G in anaheim is pretty stable most of the times. :D

chinoxmk22
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM

I have the evo, still prefer it to an iPhone. An extended battery ftw. 2 extended batteries ftmfw lol. One for use other for back up. I haven't used the backup.

I'll keep my evo until the i5 comes out or any other Droid or Windows phone that is better than iPhone. I've never own anything Apple(phone, ipod, itunes, etc...).

haha what have you been using as an mp3 then?

jebus27
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
im your class A apple hater, but RIP Steve Jobs

jbenosa
10-05-2011, 06:52 PM
yes RIP Steve Jobs

chinoxmk22
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I just read it...................... RIP. http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/frown_color.gif

Andrew9RS
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
R.I.P

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/319148_258908147486937_152358281475258_832173_1833 678258_n.jpg

CardShark
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes, by $100

The drop in price of the Iphone 4 was the only reason I was interested in the I5 at all......where did you get this $100 price drop number from?

jbenosa
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
i just bought my iphone 4S this afternoon and posted my 3G 8 GB this morning. within 1/2 hour had 2 buyers for it.

evoevo
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
The Iphone 4 is 99.00 now. The 4s is 199.00.

kambodianboi
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes, by $100

The drop in price of the Iphone 4 was the only reason I was interested in the I5 at all......where did you get this $100 price drop number from?
When they did the announcement
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/IMG_0337-SlashGear-580x386.jpg

Ruthless.
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
who cares if it don't have 4G. Â*Most places don't even have 4G yet. Â*Same shit when 3G was out, my area didn't have it a looooooooong time. Â*Its all good. my iPhone 4 has been the most reliable phone I've ever owned. Â*unlike both POS androids that i've had... battery life sux, more than half of the apps don't function, touch screen wasn't like the iPhone.

just like that sweet navigation we were using to go to my uncles lol come on chino i phone is iphail. lol. i had it one day and sent it back.

AlphaKennyBody
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM
If you seriously think the Iphone can't play Flash, or Tether or run Mozilla.... You need to go do some more research and realize the Iphone can do it all..... At lease My iPhone plays flash and does everything that a droid can do IF i wanted.

On top of that, I dont need to go around Downloading Different "Software" or OS's from other Droid phones to run on my phone that never came with it.

Is it me? But Every freakin week there's always some whack ass Update to droid phones...

"OMG I can't wait to get gingerbread 9.slow so I can show off my new home screen and show off my new 4g symbol but I can't show how fast it is cause there's no 4g anywhere but gay ass Irvine. "

Sorry haha

evoevo
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Lmfao! Thanks Ralph now I hate my galaxy s hhahaha...

jebus27
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
If you seriously think the Iphone can't play Flash, or Tether or run Mozilla.... You need to go do some more research and realize the Iphone can do it all..... At lease My iPhone plays flash and does everything that a droid can do IF i wanted.

On top of that, I dont need to go around Downloading Different "Software" or OS's from other Droid phones to run on my phone that never came with it.

Is it me? But Every freakin week there's always some whack ass Update to droid phones...

"OMG I can't wait to get gingerbread 9.slow so I can show off my new home screen and show off my new 4g symbol but I can't show how fast it is cause there's no 4g anywhere but gay ass Irvine. "

Sorry haha

different software = options
iphone software = hate it or love it your stuck with it

flash = stock
flash = mingle the apple and hope it doesnt brick

updates? = who doesnt like new things
iphone updates? = yes they have those too just not publicized like android

4g = options i can either have it on or off
iphone 4g = not an option

phone drops = front glass breaks
iphone drops = matching glass cracks!!!!

multitasking = ∞
iphone multitasking = selective and limited

i still love you ralphy!!!

AlphaKennyBody
10-10-2011, 12:19 AM

flash = stock

multitasking = ∞

Software = I can Run Android Smoothly as Droids can't run the Iphone OS right.

Bricking = Not knowing what your doing will brick the phone I've messed with Iphones since the 1st one came out.

4G = Who the fuck cares it's a damn cell phone. Fuck 4G when I'm always around fast ass WIFI. Besides how's that battery treating you guys?

Glass Breaking = Hmm $40 Fix and Bam I'm back to looking like a Brand new Iphone again.

Multitasking = I can Facetime and Masturbate at the same time while using my toes to send out this reply *wink*

Loving Ralphy = haha Okay I'll let that one slide cause that's the truth hahha =)

Lastly, I'm not a Iphone fanboi but I will defend a product I use. Besides those Damn Droids are too damn Brick looking. I thought Old Phones the size of bricks died out?

Even your droid guys wanna be like Iphones

http://i.imgur.com/TmUj2.jpg

Check out the new Android phone coming out at the end of the year.... It's gonna be Gingerbread 6.9 and it even says that they're not gonna use 4G anymore and go with 6g

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Technology/images-2/old-cellphone.jpg

OKAY OKAY I'm done haha Jebus :smitten:

chinoxmk22
10-10-2011, 08:30 AM
^^^^ http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif that goes for you too Danny lol...

jebus27
10-10-2011, 12:57 PM
LMAO and where do apple go knocking for their processors???

SAMSUNG yooooooowoooooooooo i need a fast chip!

samsung = 8.5mm
iphone = 9.3

and why you running android? tired of stale iOS???

4g, lol umkay pretty sure my 4g is quicker than a lot of wifi hotspots

Jperez43evo8mr
10-10-2011, 01:05 PM

My android phone. There's even a place where I can connect headphones at the top of my phone, so I can listen to music when I workout :D

Jperez43evo8mr
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM

flash = stock

multitasking = ∞

Software = I can Run Android Smoothly as Droids can't run the Iphone OS right.

Bricking = Not knowing what your doing will brick the phone I've messed with Iphones since the 1st one came out.

4G = Who the fuck cares it's a damn cell phone. Fuck 4G when I'm always around fast ass WIFI. Besides how's that battery treating you guys?

Glass Breaking = Hmm $40 Fix and Bam I'm back to looking like a Brand new Iphone again.

Multitasking = I can Facetime and Masturbate at the same time while using my toes to send out this reply *wink*

Loving Ralphy = haha Okay I'll let that one slide cause that's the truth hahha =)

Lastly, I'm not a Iphone fanboi but I will defend a product I use. Besides those Damn Droids are too damn Brick looking. I thought Old Phones the size of bricks died out?

Even your droid guys wanna be like Iphones

http://i.imgur.com/TmUj2.jpg

Check out the new Android phone coming out at the end of the year.... It's gonna be Gingerbread 6.9 and it even says that they're not gonna use 4G anymore and go with 6g

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Technology/images-2/old-cellphone.jpg

OKAY OKAY I'm done haha Jebus :smitten:

Phew glad I don't have Samsung! Don't wanna be kinda like Apple lol

chinoxmk22
10-10-2011, 01:14 PM

My android phone. There's even a place where I can connect headphones at the top of my phone, so I can listen to music when I workout :D

Blah! Those earphone suck anyway! http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif don't even have mic

Jperez43evo8mr
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM

Blah! Those earphone suck anyway! http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif don't even have mic

My beats by dre earphones do suck :/

Ruthless.
10-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Hahaha, i admit my battery life isnt the best but neither is the iphone 4. 800ghz processor. Lulz at a4 chip. I got the iphone 4 and no joke send it back the next day and got my thunderbolt. Id rather put up with the bugs of the thunderbolt than deal with the whack ass iphone.

And yeah, my 4g is fast as fuck and its pretty much everyone where im at. The iphone was cool back in school, grt real now, androids have power, and adaptability. Lol at the update comments, my macbook pro is always askin permission for updates haha

chinoxmk22
10-10-2011, 01:23 PM

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/chinoxm/96c20660.jpg

Jperez43evo8mr
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Hahaha, i admit my battery life isnt the best but neither is the iphone 4. 800ghz processor. Lulz at a4 chip. I got the iphone 4 and no joke send it back the next day and got my thunderbolt. Id rather put up with the bugs of the thunderbolt than deal with the whack ass iphone.

And yeah, my 4g is fast as fuck and its pretty much everyone where im at. The iphone was cool back in school, grt real now, androids have power, and adaptability. Lol at the update comments, my macbook pro is always askin permission for updates haha

Get an extended battery $20 investment and you won't regret it O0

Is that suppose to represent android on the top and if you convert to Apple you're on the bottom ?? lol

jebus27
10-10-2011, 01:37 PM

I have the same problem, with the beats i can tell when your faking it :-(

Andrew9RS
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
My Evo > All your p.o.s Iphones!

kambodianboi
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
My xPhone is better than all of your phones!

Andrew9RS
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
My xPhone is better than all of your phones!

Haxors!

Jperez43evo8mr
10-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Why does it matter who's phone is better? A phone is a phone -_-

It's all user preference. That's like saying I like Reese's and ______ likes Kit Kat. Meh I like my phone for what it does. I've used iphones...not my cup of tea..

chinoxmk22
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Why does it matter who's phone is better? A phone is a phone -_-

It's all user preference. That's like saying I like Reese's and ______ likes Kit Kat. Meh I like my phone for what it does. I've used iphones...not my cup of tea..

True... Okie then. <3

Ruthless.
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM

hahaha is that really fucking lil wayne before? hahaha.

jscupp
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
If your AT&T service is acceptable, go with that version since it's HSPA+. It's gonna be a while until the LTE iPhone

kambodianboi
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
If your AT&T service is acceptable, go with that version since it's HSPA+. It's gonna be a while until the LTE iPhone
More ways for Apple to make money, by releasing the same phone, just little kicks in features, lol.

jscupp
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
It's true. Incremental bumps, but I have to admit they do it right eventually. I'm an android user (Droid Incredible) and my wife has an iphone 4. Her hardware is immensely higher quality with much battery life. Even though I've had features for a while that my wife doesn't have, Apple does it much better when they finally do. The early reviews of Siri have been very positive so far, esp. when you compare it to Android's basic command-based voice recognition system.

kambodianboi
10-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Siri is pretty much the same concept of the Android voice command system that Google created. Just their backend is much more built, to handle different ways the user make a request.

In the end, it will always require internet access to work (streams voice command to server, decodes command, responds with action command). Until it's self managed on the device, it's nothing to be amazed by.

Just a big fluke how they restrict it to the 4S only, as the 4 can clearly run it as well, since its not being processed on the device.

jscupp
10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
The modders will definitely enable Siri on the iPhone 4. Just a matter of time. Redsnow is already in effect for 4S.

I agree that although the concept is the same as Google's creation, the natural language implementation is vastly superior. We'll just have to see what Google has in store for Ice Cream Sandwich. It's too bad they delayed Tuesday's Samsung Prime (or whatever it's going to be called) announcement.