PDA

View Full Version : acd lights, lite up for all modes, tarmac, gravel, snow.... problem?

toku-one
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
this morning i got on the freeway and was like wooooo, lets turn on gravel... wait, why are all of them lite up? pressing the button changed nothing.

stopped at the gas station to get gas, turned the car back on and all was well.

anyone ever experience this?

didnt read the manual or search for anything... just curious.

kambodianboi
10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
That happens to me sometimes, I just turn off the car for a few mins and start it back up.

toku-one
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
looking it up, it seems that it could be acd pump failure (or a number of other things)
which could result in transfer case damage.

sounds fun.

probably should have it looked at.

leetEVO
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Check the ACD fluid level.. they will go on if its low. Also, the pumps are notoroius for dying... you can read the error code by pinning out the ecu and reading the flashes. Theres a howto thread on evom.

Azian
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Are you guys experiencing any drivability issues at partial throttle? Like hesitation or "hiccups"?

HMatt
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah, check your fluid level, and if you have evoscan, use the actuator and bleed it.

Brand0n
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM
gremlins.... It's that time of the YEAR

toku-one
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Are you guys experiencing any drivability issues at partial throttle? Like hesitation or "hiccups"?

yes, but i thought it was my cams since it started after that. its usually below 3k rpm in 4th/5th.

Azian
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM

yes, but i thought it was my cams since it started after that.Â* its usually below 3k rpm in 4th/5th.
Do the lights stay on? Or do they come on and off? If it's the latter, I may know the problem. How many miles on it now btw?

kambodianboi
10-06-2011, 09:42 AM

yes, but i thought it was my cams since it started after that.Â* its usually below 3k rpm in 4th/5th.
Do the lights stay on? Or do they come on and off? If it's the latter, I may know the problem. How many miles on it now btw?
Spill the beans!

toku-one
10-06-2011, 09:45 AM

nope, yesterday morning was the first time.
after stopping at the gas station it hasnt happened again. Â*have turned the car on and off in the last 24 hours 6 times and driven around 100 miles.

ohh and to answer that better.. they stayed on the whole 10 or so miles to the gas station.
car is at 20,5xx

Azian
10-06-2011, 09:46 AM

nope, yesterday morning was the first time.
after stopping at the gas station it hasnt happened again. Â*have turned the car on and off in the last 24 hours 6 times and driven around 100 miles.
car is at 20,5xx
Hmmm okay. Let me know if it gets more frequent, I think I know what might be going bad ;)

toku-one
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah, check your fluid level, and if you have evoscan, use the actuator and bleed it.

i can check it in evoscan instead of doing the pin stuff?
i know nothing shows up with a regular scanner... i get a p300 regularly with the kelford 272s... but thats it.

HMatt
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

i can check it in evoscan instead of doing the pin stuff?
i know nothing shows up with a regular scanner... i get a p300 regularly with the kelford 272s... but thats it.

Fluid level? You just gotta go look in the reservoir and see if it has enough in it. Refill with Automatic transmission fluid if it's low.

toku-one
10-07-2011, 02:47 PM
anyone know how to pin out the acd codes? i cant find info on it anywhere, just that people are doing it. im fine with just using the blink method cause the ecuflash/evoscan shit makes zero sense to me, and i dont care to try and read everything or change versions ect.

kambodianboi
10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
anyone know how to pin out the acd codes? i cant find info on it anywhere, just that people are doing it. im fine with just using the blink method cause the ecuflash/evoscan shit makes zero sense to me, and i dont care to try and read everything or change versions ect.

*claps hand 3 times*

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/USDM_ACD_Pinout

toku-one
10-07-2011, 05:03 PM
dont think that will help much

was looking for this info:
You can try to connect pin 1 and pin 4 with a piece of wire and read manualy the fault code. Long flashes are tens and short flashes are units, steady flashes no error codes. Under the dash connect pin 1 to pin 4 on the obd port then count how many times the AYC light flashes.
You must do this with the igntion to the on position (don't turn on the engine).

now i just need to find the diagram for the obd port to know where 1 and 4 are.

toku-one
10-07-2011, 05:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/OBD-connector-pinout.png/220px-OBD-connector-pinout.png

evostar
10-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Had the three lights on only when wife drove the evo happened twice on her never with me looked for the problem checked the system and all OKs fluid level, bled the acd etc...and no prob till one day I found the prob and the prob was a mixture of my wife and my turbo timer lol...she would remove the keys from the ignition and the car would obviously stay on she would run in the house grab what she forgot go back to the car, and car is still on with a few sec before shut down insert the keys into ignition and keeps the car on again.so if you pay attention to the lights when you remove the keys and car stays on all three lights stay on at the same time and shut of when car shuts down but since she would insert the keys back in the ignition right away before the tt would kill the car it caused my so called prob that I couldn't find.