PDA

View Full Version : ASC problem or Differential problem???

ralli_kid
11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
All right guys I decided to post this up here since the ralliarts and evo x's are pretty much the same since they are 4wd. I am getting this service required light that disables my tarmac, gravel, and snow.

Symbol looks like this

/Â* /
|
|Â* | and says service required underneath it.

It recently started going off. Sometimes never goes off if im just cruising on the highway but sometimes it still does. I have noticed it more at night when I am leaving work then during the day.

I want to try and figure out what it is before taking it back to south coast to see if maybe my fathers shop can fix the issue and get done for free rather than paying since my warranty is up.

Could it be my mods that I have on the car?

Any help is appreciated.

Rogueturkey123
11-14-2012, 10:34 PM
i have this problem too but mine never goes away. i was told by RRE that i need to take it into a dealership so they can fix or reset the code. did you fix your problem and what was the solution.

MaC_X
11-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Try to change the fluid in your rear diff.

ralli_kid
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
i have this problem too but mine never goes away. i was told by RRE that i need to take it into a dealership so they can fix or reset the code. did you fix your problem and what was the solution.

I swapped the fluid in the transfer case and rear differential and the code cleared out. The fluid was dark as hell so it just needed new fluid.