PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in gear when shifting at high RPM's

CardShark
11-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Has anyone had a problem with their car getting stuck in gear when trying to shift at around 7K?

It will come out but it takes a lot of effort. It's also intermittent although that might have to do with the speed with which I'm shifting

I also have super notchy shifting so I thought it might be my clutch not disengaging fully......but I pushed the clutch in, put the car in gear, stutterboxed, and the car does not creep so I think I can rule that out

j.liu
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
hmm gear lock out.

CardShark
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
hmm gear lock out.

Care to elaborate?

socalturbo
11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Isn't the act clutches notorious for doing that over 7k rpm? Gear lock out that is.

one4
11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
adjust your clutch pedal... the fact you not only have the lockout, but you have notchy shifting leads me to believe you need to adjust the pedal higher.

try this.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/260783-how-clutch-pedal-adjustment.html

CardShark
11-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Isn't the act clutches notorious for doing that over 7k rpm? Gear lock out that is.

Wow....googling "ACT" and "lockout" on Evom brings up tons of hits. Didn't realize that this was a problem on Evos. I always used ACT clutches in my DSM's and never had issues. Although to be fair, tons of people said they were using ACT clutches in their Evos and without any issues. There doesn't seem to be any consensus or what pressure plate/disk combo causes it either

CardShark
11-17-2011, 12:56 AM
adjust your clutch pedal... the fact you not only have the lockout, but you have notchy shifting leads me to believe you need to adjust the pedal higher.

try this.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/260783-how-clutch-pedal-adjustment.html

Do you guys think it can still be a problem with the clutch disengaging even though the car doesnt creep when I stutterbox?

I'll try adjusting my clutch further up but there already is not that much freeplay on top

neuspeed
11-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Worn clutch possibly?

one4
11-17-2011, 05:08 PM
i never had lockout.. i had a hdss first and when i went e85 i got a xtss. i had some notchy shifting until i adjusted it. start with 1/4 - 1/2 turns. it doesnt take much to ajust it.

evoevo
11-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah I have this same problem. It needs to be adjusted as everyone is saying. It's not hard at all.