PDA

View Full Version : Rattle/grinding sound

poisonouschimp
11-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Recently I have been noticing a problem where my car makes a grinding or rattling sound from around the transmission area. To make the sound start I can shift into a gear while clutched in, then go back to neutral, then drop the clutch. The rattle will increase with the engine speed and is mostly heard at idle. If I hold the rpm's around 1k then it goes away. I have a stage 2 trans and twin plate clutch from Works auto up in nor cal. The problem first started when I was on the freeway, was going about 110 and then shift into 5th. When I came to the off ramp and started slowing down I was around 140mph. I first heard it at the light when I got off the freeway.

If anyone knows what might be the problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Silver8MR
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Recently I have been noticing a problem where my car makes a grinding or rattling sound from around the transmission area. To make the sound start I can shift into a gear while clutched in, then go back to neutral, then drop the clutch. The rattle will increase with the engine speed and is mostly heard at idle. If I hold the rpm's around 1k then it goes away. I have a stage 2 trans and twin plate clutch from Works auto up in nor cal. The problem first started when I was on the freeway, was going about 110 and then shift into 5th. When I came to the off ramp and started slowing down I was around 140mph. I first heard it at the light when I got off the freeway.

If anyone knows what might be the problem it would be greatly appreciated!

If you get under the car your tranny has a "peep hole" that allows you to see inside your tranny check to see if your throw out bearing is where its suppose to be or not broken. If you flash a light in there you should have a nice view hope that helps

render
03-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Diownpipe hitting subframe?