PDA

View Full Version : Where to get clutch installed SoCal

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
So my clutch is JUST about to go at 32k. Im in anaheim hills, and just wondering where you guys took your cars to get your clutches done at and how much you spent. (also if someone wants to change mine for me ill be sure to supply lots and lots of free booze) hahah O0

Brand0n
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
GO to Road Race!!!!!!!!! talk to mike he is a god in the evo world, don't tell him i said that though... lol

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:15 PM
ive had a few other people say that too, but they were a little pricey... :'(

KT Motoring
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
What is pricey? YOu have to remember that we drive Evos which perform or outperform more expensive cars...think Porsche, M3, etc. These are not Hondas which might require less labor. I believe that all vendors on this forum are pretty competitively priced as far as clutch labor. You can go cheap, but invariably, you get what you pay for. You can save some money by doing it yourself.

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:27 PM
What is pricey? YOu have to remember that we drive Evos which perform or outperform more expensive cars...think Porsche, M3, etc. These are not Hondas which might require less labor. I believe that all vendors on this forum are pretty competitively priced as far as clutch labor. You can go cheap, but invariably, you get what you pay for. You can save some money by doing it yourself.

I know i know haha im just a cheapy at heart. I get it from my pops. I forget exactly what price i heard roadrace will do it for, i guess i should give them another shot. And i dont have enough time to try and do it myself. id end up losing money by not going to work trying to get it done. Does anyone know the roadrace price they paid off the top of there head?

Also... i need to start meeting some of the evo guys. Ive had mine for a year and a half now and have never gone to a meet.

RALLInspired_
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
double post

RALLInspired
12-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Give us a call.Â* We can help you out on that no problem.Â* Contact info and location in my sig.Â* Do it right, do it once.

Rick B.

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
where are you guys located? and how much? you can pm me if you want O0 thanks man

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
oops haha i dont read.... k ill look it up

evo-lution23
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Sup bro! I had the same question last week, my clutch is starting to slip. Look-up these vendors on the forum:

Tuning Tech (Alfred is a SUPER nice guy AND fair) ...

Massimo Power ...

Reese Tuning ...

I've heard nothing but good things about all these vendors, and they ALL have fair prices. I got quotes for a replacement clutch in my Evo VIII - I know you have a X but hey, a clutch is a clutch and they all specialize in Evos so I'm sure they can do it for you!

EvolutionX08
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
nice massimo is in corona, few miles away from me. Too bad there website is down. and i have a buddy who also recommends reese, i think they are in SD?

evo-lution23
12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure they are in SD ... a bit further than Corona, but a very reputable shop for Evos :-)

Massimo Power
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Our website will be back up in 2012.. :) I'm the meantime ygpm!

EVO951
12-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Go to Massimo Power! Great work,Great Price,Great staff!

Ignackadrac
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM
I have little trouble with mine so after reading your post I have found some good solution here.

muddyIX
12-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Go to Massimo Power! Great work,Great Price,Great staff!

yerrrrp

stormbird
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Go to RRE. You are the first person I've ever heard mention them and pricey in the same sentence. Not expensive at all, just fair pricing and great work. They've been working on my cars for years.

rufnek02
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Sup bro! I had the same question last week, my clutch is starting to slip. Look-up these vendors on the forum:

Tuning Tech (Alfred is a SUPER nice guy AND fair) ...

Massimo Power ...

Reese Tuning ...

I've heard nothing but good things about all these vendors, and they ALL have fair prices. I got quotes for a replacement clutch in my Evo VIII - I know you have a X but hey, a clutch is a clutch and they all specialize in Evos so I'm sure they can do it for you!

I was in the same boat earlier this year. These vendors are solid!

evo-lution23
12-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Honestly, I had the BEST experience with Tuning Technologies! Alfred, Jen, Randy, were AMAZING! I just had my clutch replaced there last weekend. They beat every quote that I received from other vendors/shops and their customer service was unbelievable! My clutch is as smooth as butter now, I just got an OEM replacement :-)

I highly recommend you contact them if you haven't already gotten the job done!

Good luck!!

EvolutionX08
12-30-2011, 12:15 AM
SO i decided to go to massimo tomorrow! they have a christmas special so im getting the act HDSS, resurfacing the fly, new fluids, and install for a great price. Plus they are super close to me. Hoping everything goes well. The guys at massimo are super quick about getting back to you with any questions you might have. i had a lot and he still put up with me haha. I'll be sure to give an update tomorrow once its done to let everyone know how it went and how the clutch feels! wish me luck

ImEv0
05-08-2012, 11:44 AM
i was gonna recommend ktm but it seems like you're nowhere near the valley.

misterevo8
05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I am sure it is posted somewhere but what about in the San Diego area?

xevoxx
03-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Massimo period

shadowman88523
03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Massimopower ftw

shadowman88523
03-23-2013, 06:06 PM
there having clutch sale

evo-lution23
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
I had mine done at TT in Colton, CA. Alfred really helped me out & gave me a geat deal, plus they use OEM parts, you can't go wrong :-D

evolution8mirage
03-23-2013, 08:18 PM
guys, he took it to Massimo power back in December 2011. lol

raygrant
03-24-2013, 12:39 PM
RRE

evo-lution23
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
guys, he took it to Massimo power back in December 2011. lol

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!

deprydation
03-25-2013, 01:20 PM
where are you guys located? and how much? you can pm me if you want O0 thanks man

Ask for the Thugline Po-Boy Special from Road Race Engineering. No joke.

evolution8mirage
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
SO i decided to go to massimo tomorrow! they have a christmas special so im getting the act HDSS, resurfacing the fly, new fluids, and install for a great price. Plus they are super close to me. Hoping everything goes well. The guys at massimo are super quick about getting back to you with any questions you might have. i had a lot and he still put up with me haha. I'll be sure to give an update tomorrow once its done to let everyone know how it wentÂ* and how the clutch feels! wish me luck

Why doesn't anyone see that he took the evo to Massimo Power back in December 2011 lol am I missing something here lol

Black Evo Beauty
03-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Pep boys

deprydation
03-26-2013, 09:26 AM
SO i decided to go to massimo tomorrow! they have a christmas special so im getting the act HDSS, resurfacing the fly, new fluids, and install for a great price. Plus they are super close to me. Hoping everything goes well. The guys at massimo are super quick about getting back to you with any questions you might have. i had a lot and he still put up with me haha. I'll be sure to give an update tomorrow once its done to let everyone know how it went and how the clutch feels! wish me luck

Why doesn't anyone see that he took the evo to Massimo Power back in December 2011 lol am I missing something here lol

Because we all insist on necro bumping this thread to the pearly gates?

evo-lution23
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
:2funny: ^^^ Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! :2funny:

evolution8mirage
03-27-2013, 04:39 PM

Because we all insist on necro bumping this thread to the pearly gates?

Lmao that explains it haha

Lots of necro bumping lately lol

evo-lution23
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Hey guys, question regarding clutch work but not for an Evo ... my buddy has an 02 RSX Type S and his clutch blewout ... Any suggestions for places to go here in SoCal?