PDA

View Full Version : DSLR cameras...nikon d3100

richie rich
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Just bought my first dslr last night. I am by no means a pro but I want to learn how to shoot pics. Anyone have any experience with this particular one? My friend swears by his d3000 (which he takes great pics with). My parents have the canon 3ti and I liked how it took shots when I played with it. My question is, besides for the reviews from best buy, is this a good camera to learn with? We were debating to get this or the 3ti, but figured for 200 less, the nikon would do. Should I exchange it? I was reading online and everywhere is saying that the 3ti is better, but is in a different tier.

DTunedEvoX
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Its a great n00b camera to begin learning with. Technology keeps getting better with each and every release. The T3i has more/better features; but with the $200.00 you saved put it towards the investment of some lenses. You can still take beautiful and great pictures with a D3100. Learn to start shooting in the programmed modes; then slowly into the Aperature mode; then the shutter mode- until you can understand each of the features so that you can adjust your shots manually.

And dont listen to any of these idiots- the modes are there for a reason; just cause you cant fully shoot in manually dosnt mean your shots will come out like sh1t ... shoot shoot shoot shoooooot.

Taps
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Honestly just experiment, they mostly all work the same. Once you understand the concept of how a camera works you can start to get your photos looking good and you'll start to see progress in your shots. but like stated above, just keep shooting. Your eyes are the best indicator on how your picture turns out. so mess with aperature, shutter speed, WB, all that stuff and eventually you'll fine tune yourself

newsotaboy89
12-30-2011, 04:17 PM
To me it's the little things. I have the t2i so ive spent some time eyeballing the t3i and my buddy is stupid for Nikon. To start the taking good pix isnt all the body, it's more the glass(lens) and the user knowing what the want the camera to do in "m" mode like mentioned above. But I'm pretty sure the t3i can wirelessly trigger speed lite flashes that from what I know Nikon doesn't offer that till the d7000 sounds petty but it's a nice feature. Most everything is comparable but ultimately it's up to which one you like to use better

ankaka
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Google it for a lot of opinions.