PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Restoration

zambam6
12-31-2011, 07:37 PM
My headlights on my 06 MR were yellowing and had a couple of stain looking things on them. I went ahead did my research and decided to go with the Mother's head light restoration kit. after a couple hours of following step by step by step, my headlight came out looking WORSE than before.Â* :tickedoff:

Can anyone point me to someone (or some shop) that can restore my headlights? i'm hoping that the mother's kit didnt do more damage than repairable.Â* Â*:-(

FreddysEvolutionIX
12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
i wanna know too. include price if possible

osolokes213
12-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I canz do et...i started with that same kit and had the same results, but i improved on that idea and I've done restorations on a few...I'm in LA 213...lmk

kambodianboi
12-31-2011, 07:48 PM
I learned that doing it by hand is too much work and sometimes end up horrible. So I redid mines with a porter cable, and it's awesome :D

S2myEVO
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Jarrod can you get scratches out of the headlight?

Dubs46
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Honestly man use a buffer ( porter cable if possible) and some wax.
It will leave them good as new. Left mine spotless.

Buff on buff off lol

kambodianboi
12-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Jarrod can you get scratches out of the headlight?
Yeah, its possible, just alot of work.

S2myEVO
12-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Project day soon? I leave very soon like VERY

evopaul
12-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Lol .... My headlights still look as new as the day I bought the car (IX)!!
Clear bra all front end , and car never seen rain or sun light for more than 4 hours Â*"MOD" and is garaged kept !!

I've done my 97 civic with great results ,but u need a high speed buffer and a mixure of wax and polish. Pain in the ass!!

kambodianboi
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Project day soon? I leave very soon like VERY
I'll be away this week :( . You should hit up the car wash place across from Toshi's Sushi. They do headlight restoration for cheap :D hence I got the idea to buff the shit out of mines :P

S2myEVO
12-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Ah ill check it

richie rich
12-31-2011, 10:57 PM
ive used the meguires kit from kragen. looked brand new the day i did it, but a few days later it was back to yellow haze. i need to find a spot that does it too

SpoolnEvo9SE
01-01-2012, 02:09 AM
My headlights on my 06 MR were yellowing and had a couple of stain looking things on them. I went ahead did my research and decided to go with the Mother's head light restoration kit. after a couple hours of following step by step by step, my headlight came out looking WORSE than before.Â* :tickedoff:

Can anyone point me to someone (or some shop) that can restore my headlights? i'm hoping that the mother's kit didnt do more damage than repairable.Â* Â*:-(

many people have different techniques and favor certain products/brands. Ive lost count how many headlights ive restored to new with lasting results. im sure there's a hand full of people on the forum that would vouch for my work. depending on where your located lmk if your interested O0

jo3y
01-01-2012, 03:13 AM
I canz do et...i started with that same kit and had the same results, but i improved on that idea and I've done restorations on a few...I'm in LA 213...lmk

How long can you get it to last?

kambodianboi
01-01-2012, 03:18 AM

Do it once, get a film protection, done... it's a matter of the person waxing the headlights monthly to maintain it's condition.

jo3y
01-01-2012, 03:25 AM

Do it once, get a film protection, done... it's a matter of the person waxing the headlights monthly to maintain it's condition.

Oooh I see. Hmm

FreddysEvolutionIX
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM

I heard after you restore them your supposed to use a sealer. They sell them at AutoZone and PepBoys.....

notw_evo9
01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey Freddy v2 collision did a great job on my headlights you should hit them up.

FreddysEvolutionIX
01-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey Freddy v2 collision did a great job on my headlights you should hit them up.

Arnt they located in Riverside?

notw_evo9
01-01-2012, 02:39 PM
No they are in Hesperia on I ave

drifthobo
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
How do I get rid of rock chips on my headlight:( also the clear on my headlights are starting to come off too...

8YERV8
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Freddy, I told you how I fixed my headlights the other night. Your lights look like mine did. If you want me to fix them let me know. I just need the lights themselves for a few days.

FreddysEvolutionIX
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Freddy, I told you how I fixed my headlights the other night. Your lights look like mine did. If you want me to fix them let me know. I just need the lights themselves for a few days.

I completely forgot you restored them. For sure when I get back ill pull the off and hit you up. Ever get the car running at full potential?

JagerJosh
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Take it to wal mart, for like $20 they do a sick job.

Brando123
01-02-2012, 02:15 PM

many people have different techniques and favor certain products/brands. Ive lost count how many headlights ive restored to new with lasting results. im sure there's a hand full of people on the forum that would vouch for my work. depending on where your located lmk if your interested O0

^^ let him restore it.

8YERV8
01-02-2012, 05:10 PM

I completely forgot you restored them. For sure when I get back ill pull the off and hit you up. Ever get the car running at full potential?

Sounds good. The car is at Tuning Technologies now. Been there a few weeks but should be done soon.

scialoia
12-23-2012, 10:47 PM
What ended up happening with the headlights? The clear coat on my headlights is starting to peel off but no yellowing is showing. I am afraid to attempt any sort of mequiars or mothers restoration kit because it could make it worse. Any advice? or instructions on how you had it done?

jamesinger
12-24-2012, 01:21 AM
What ended up happening with the headlights? The clear coat on my headlights is starting to peel off but no yellowing is showing. I am afraid to attempt any sort of mequiars or mothers restoration kit because it could make it worse. Any advice? or instructions on how you had it done?

You are bumping a thread that is pretty old, so I am not sure you will get much response from the people above. I know RRE has a guy (James the Painter) that does Headlight Restoration. Also, in the DEEEP Valley, Lavaggio can do this as well. My 2003 headlights were looking pretty shitty last year (11/2/11) and Lavaggio made them look pretty damn perfect. They have not faded since.

scialoia
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM

You are bumping a thread that is pretty old, so I am not sure you will get much response from the people above. I know RRE has a guy (James the Painter) that does Headlight Restoration. Also, in the DEEEP Valley, Lavaggio can do this as well. My 2003 headlights were looking pretty shitty last year (11/2/11) and Lavaggio made them look pretty damn perfect. They have not faded since.

Thanks for the info man...Im going to have to go check that out. RRE isnt that far from my place and my headlights are looking pretty faded.