PDA

View Full Version : vibration clunking sound from ???

fabedekid
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
i have a problem and i was wondering if you guys could help me out since you seem to know the most about the evo's i got a 2005 evo with about 60k on it my problem is that the car makes a really bad clunking sound and vibrate very violently once it warms up but it doesn't do it all the time it does it 80% of the time i drive it i thought it was the driveshaft so i changed that hoping that would fix it but the problem is still there also might be getting a whine but it more apparent when the car is cold or when sinking the clutch and changing gears i have brought ti to local mechanic but they are as stumped as i am i will try and post a video of the sound i am trying to fix it without all the guess work cause the part to replace are a bit pricey best mechanic said it MIGHT be the rear differential as it has a kinda clunking when u hold it and rotate the wheel the transfer makes no noise bearings are good transmission is hard to shift from 1-2 when cold but otherwise smooth once it warms up i really need some help as it is my only car and i still drive it as i have no alternative

Massimo Power
01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Not enough info to diagnose over the net... Take it to an Evo shop and have them figure it out. You will end up saving time and money by not buying things that are not the problem.

RALLInspired
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Not enough info to diagnose over the net... Take it to an Evo shop and have them figure it out. You will end up saving time and money by not buying things that are not the problem.

^ This. What is your location? Find your closest evo specific shop and see if they can help you. Good luck.

Rick B.

Black Evo Beauty
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
What they said

trancemode
02-15-2012, 03:29 AM
bring it to a shop something like this "could" be serious.

Supra2JZGTE
03-14-2012, 01:35 PM
bring it to a shop something like this "could" be serious.

i have a problem and i was wondering if you guys could help me out since you seem to know the most about the evo's i got a 2005 evo with about 60k on it my problem is that the car makes a really bad clunking sound and vibrate very violently once it warms up but it doesn't do it all the time it does it 80% of the time i drive it i thought it was the driveshaft so i changed that hoping that would fix it but the problem is still there also might be getting a whine but it more apparent when the car is cold or when sinking the clutch and changing gears i have brought ti to local mechanic but they are as stumped as i am i will try and post a video of the sound i am trying to fix it without all the guess work cause the part to replace are a bit pricey best mechanic said it MIGHT be the rear differential as it has a kinda clunking when u hold it and rotate the wheel the transfer makes no noise bearings are good transmission is hard to shift from 1-2 when cold but otherwise smooth once it warms up i really need some help as it is my only car and i still drive it as i have no alternative
Did you find out what that noise was?

jdmc_dusty
04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
what was the outcome? just curious