PDA

View Full Version : Engine Check light - Audio controls not working.

trenalsur
01-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi folks,

So I was driving and the check engine light came on. I had my friend hook it up with the check engine reader and it said code PO0171. bank 1 lean.

So the only mod is a AMS intake. Could this be causing this?

About the same time while listening to music I used the steering wheel controls to lower the volume and my navigation phone prompt came on. It starts going "Listening" and the navi woman starts speaking. Sometimes my volume controls stop working and the cars blue tooth comes on.

Could this be related?

Any help would be appreciated.

2008 Evo X MR.
18K miles. Regularly serviced at South Coast and RoadRace.

RALLInspired
02-01-2012, 12:24 AM
no the two do not sound related. If you are not tuned for the intake then your fuel trims can trigger a CEL. If you're local we can check the ECU and do some logging to see if it might be something else. Good luck.

Rick B.

Black Evo Beauty
02-01-2012, 10:04 AM
no the two do not sound related. If you are not tuned for the intake then your fuel trims can trigger a CEL. If you're local we can check the ECU and do some logging to see if it might be something else. Good luck.

Rick B.
listen to rick great guy

RCA4697
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I have the same check engine light problem. It goes on and off.. I took it to Mitsubishi and they said they did an update on the ecu. And if it comes back on, then it's some sensor that ha something to do with the oil. (something like that, can't remember) but I will take it back and see what they say.