PDA

View Full Version : Made a stupid mistake :(, need some help

MichaelUWright
02-09-2012, 11:49 PM
So first of all I'm an idiot, ok thats that.
I was putting on some new brake pads and lines, should have all been easy and no big deal, the pads were but when I was installing the SS lines when I got to the driver side, I striped the nut connecting the first hardline that comes from the engine bay through the fender to the OEM rubber line does anyone know if that part is replaceable if I found out what part it was and ordered it? I havent looked thoroughly but it looks like one big hardline going from the passenger side out the driver side fender.

2muchboost
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Line is going to have to be cut and then a new fitting threaded on. I did the exact same thing.... I'm going to have RRE fix it for me soon.

littlejap33
02-10-2012, 12:19 AM
You can replace the harline it connects to the abs sensor. I had to replace one on an evo 9 the hard line is pretty cheap I think I spend like 20 or less.. idk how much evo x parts are hit up south coast mitsu

blkside
02-10-2012, 01:06 AM
You can replace it. All brake lines are fairly easy to replace. You know I am gonna call you a retard right? When messing with lines, treat them like your balls... soft and gentle cause when you manhandle them, your gonna fuck them up.... you shouldnt have even put a wrench on it until you had 3-4 threads already on....

chinoxmk22
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
^^ don't be so mean http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/frown_color.gif but I do like the example u used haha

amaev05
02-10-2012, 09:16 AM
There is a special wrench you are supposed to use when working on brake lines.

pikadosboy
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
So first of all I'm an idiot, ok thats that.
I was putting on some new brake pads and lines, should have all been easy and no big deal, the pads were but when I was installing the SS lines when I got to the driver side, I striped the nut connecting the first hardline that comes from the engine bay through the fender to the OEM rubber line does anyone know if that part is replaceable if I found out what part it was and ordered it? I havent looked thoroughly but it looks like one big hardline going from the passenger side out the driver side fender.

did u Fuck the nut or the threads?!?! If the threads are fine use a vice grip to hold the nut while you tightthe other end!

pikadosboy
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
There is a special wrench you are supposed to use when working on brake lines.
flare nut wrench

blkside
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I am not mean Chino... Mikey knows I love him... Â*hell be ok...

You dont need a special wrench for brake lines. AN hydraulic lines usually suggest AN wrenches ,some use flare nut wrenches because they give more and will not damage the lines but regular brake lines just need to be manipulated carefully.

If the threads are stripped,dont force it any more... just fix it.

MichaelUWright
02-10-2012, 02:53 PM
But I dont know Tim, you've been gone for so long :'(

ffuuuccccckkkkkk, the threads are fine, the nut is striped, Ive tried using vice grips and it ising working,
yea I found out I needed to use a flare nut wrench when I started stripping the nut >:( thats why I have 3 sides with SS lines and the driver side is fucked, I dont know if its loose either so I cant just run 3 SS and one OEM for the moment.

does the whole line have to be replaced or is there a smaller section I can replace?

MichaelUWright
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
well I just ordered the hardline at southcoast, thx for the input guys

2muchboost
02-11-2012, 01:15 AM
well I just ordered the hardline at southcoast, thx for the input guys

How much was it?

MichaelUWright
02-11-2012, 02:31 AM
like 27 bucks

2muchboost
02-13-2012, 01:53 AM
like 27 bucks

Awesome. glad that worked out!

MichaelUWright
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I replaced the line, :uglystupid2:........wasnt fuckin very pleasant haha. Thanks again

blkside
02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Stop crying... you will be ok... bleed the brakes and go drive it make sure everything works...

MichaelUWright
02-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Stop crying... you will be ok... bleed the brakes and go drive it make sure everything works...

Do what I just did and then try not to cry haha,......ppssshh i like my lines extra dry and bubbly

2muchboost
02-15-2012, 01:52 PM
I replaced the line, :uglystupid2:........wasnt fuckin very pleasant haha. Thanks again

Does this mean you're not going to do mine for a 6 pack and a high five?