PDA

View Full Version : Need help! cant read rom in Ecuflash

Bertoo
02-14-2012, 11:20 PM
So i recently downloaded ecuflash 1.42 for my windows 7 laptop. and today i recieved my 1.3m cable. i tried to read the rom off my ecu and it said i didnt have the correct definition file to view the rom or make any changes. i could only save it. i have a evo 9 gsr and am currently tuned by naji (looney tuning). i tried contacting him a few days ago before i even got the cable because i i had a feeling i was going to run into this problem and i got no response. so if anyone could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. im in a stump right now. i do not know what to do :-( im new to ecu flash so everything i read about it is a little confusing right now.

hardcoreracing
02-15-2012, 08:20 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/595200-about-give-up.html

sounds similar to this guy's problem (post #41). Try uninstalling the program and reinstalling again.

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/595200-about-give-up.html

sounds similar to this guy's problem (post #41).Â* Try uninstalling the program and reinstalling again.

Thanks a lot bro. I'm skimming through the thread right now and it seems very helpful already. When I get home I'm going to try to a few of the things people suggest to try and see where that takes me. I will also try reinstalling ecuflash if I can't get any xml definitions to work. Thanks for the replyÂ* O0

Massimo Power
02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
You just need to down load the definition files for evo 9 they are the xml's ... Download them and drag and drop them into the ecuflash folder.

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-vehicle-manuals/61-download-ecu-roms-xml-definitions#work-in-progress

Massimo Power
02-15-2012, 09:58 AM
C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata

Azian
02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
You just need to down load the definition files for evo 9 they are the xml's ... Download them and drag and drop them into the ecuflash folder.

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-vehicle-manuals/61-download-ecu-roms-xml-definitions#work-in-progress
What he said :)

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys I'm going to try this as soon I get home from work today! O0
Much appreciated.

kambodianboi
02-15-2012, 10:05 AM

Like my car! lol which did not help either.

Azian
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Like my car! lol which did not help either.
Your cars just gay LOL jk I have more XML's now, so maybe one of those will work :)

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
If by any chance the xml's provided by evoscan don't work for me, are there any other websites I can find more xml's?

amaev05
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
You need the same rom/xmls as your tuner has, or you won't be able to load it.

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
You need the same rom/xmls as your tuner has, or you won't be able to load it.

Problem is I tried contacting him already and got no response. So I was hoping someone else that's been tuned by Naji with a 9 also could share the xml's with me if they have them.

hardcoreracing
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I can email you mine since I'm using 1.42 also. Are you using rom id 88590015?

silvrEVOIXn818
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
do you know if you have a "tephra rom" or not?.?.? If you had a stock 015 rom you would be able to open the rom, as the .xmls come w/ the program.

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
do you know if you have a "tephra rom" or not?.?.? If you had a stock 015 rom you would be able to open the rom, as the .xmls come w/ the program.

No I don't know. I'm assuming I do tho since it won't open the rom. I tried multiple times to contact my tuner but I got nothing. So this kinda sucks. I don't know if a list of mods for my car would help determine what my tuner chose to use?

hardcoreracing
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
First look in this directory and see if there are any xml files in there

C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\Mitsubishi\Evo

If there are already rom id xml files there, then you are most likely using and needing the tephra rom xml. I emailed it to you. Just copy it into the directory. If the directory is blank, then you just need the regular rom id xml for your ecu. I sent that in the first email.

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
First look in this directory and see if there are any xml files in there

C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\Mitsubishi\Evo

If there are already rom id xml files there, then you are most likely using and needing the tephra rom xml. I emailed it to you. Just copy it into the directory. If the directory is blank, then you just need the regular rom id xml for your ecu. I sent that in the first email.

Got it. Makes sense man. I'll be checking this soon. Im stuck at work and it's snowing in Palmdale so the 14 fwy is shut down. I hope I can make it home tonight. I'm anxious to go home and try. Thanks for emailing me the xml's man :)

hardcoreracing
02-15-2012, 02:41 PM
No worries, you got phil and mauricio helping you out in this thread so you're in good hands O0

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the love guys! Naji just contacted me too so i should be set thanks to all your guys's help. I'll keep you guys posted to seeing if it works O0

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
well i came home excited to try again. contacted naji and he told me he used the tephra v7 for my dual map tune. so i downloaded the tephra v7 xml for 88590715 rom. now when i try to read from ecu it seems to all be working fine and it even says it succesfully read the rom. but when i try to do anything after that, Ecuflash crashes. it'll say (program not responding). so im stuck again :-(

Bertoo
02-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Got it to work thanks to everyone's help. Greatly appreciated! O0 :mitsu:

amaev05
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
good luck.