PDA

View Full Version : West End Alignment

SleeperEvoX
02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Just made an appointment with West End to do corner balancing on my X with KW V3. :smitten:
Wondering who out there is running KwV3's and tracking their Evo X what settings are you running? Height damping, rebound, etc.
My evo is not a daily driver so I'm not concerned with ride comfort. I'm more concerned with performance than cushy ride or being hella low. O0
Thoughts suggestions...

Edit: I am also runninng a rear sway on medium setting

2muchboost
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
KW V3! You fancy.....
Pretty sure those have a smooth ride so I wouldn't worry to much about ride comfort.

Daren at west-end will know exactly how to setup the car.
You just tell him how aggressive you want to go and he will do the rest.

genrec
02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
What camber specs u going with?

Keep us posted. I spoke with them this week for the first time. Sounded like a good guy, just looking for for someone I trust to touch my car before I take the plunge. I am considering V3 as well. PM where you got them at what price so I know if Im in the ballpark.

SleeperEvoX
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Installed the KWV3 today...Getting the top hats off the Bilsteins was a pain in @$$. Freakin alan torqued the hell out of em when he put in my Eibachs. Anyway after a trip to harbor freight to buy offset wrenches I got them off.

Got a set of Eibachs for sale now... anytakers?

Going to Westend this friday for corner balance.

Enjoy the pics...

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/nhgraham/2012-02-20_15-29-17_937.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/nhgraham/2012-02-20_09-21-02_917.jpg

AaronI1
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
how much for the eibachs

SleeperEvoX
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
^PM'd

DTunedEvoX
02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Pm me too plz kekeke

SleeperEvoX
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
^Pm'd

DTunedEvoX
02-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Replied :T

TOMinLA
02-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Great pic. Darren at West End does good work. I have gone to him for my 911. He knows his shit. Nice guy also. He is the man for many of the Porsche clubs. Good luck with your ride. You have gone to the right guy.

AlphaKennyBody
02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
What's his Prices Like? And I'm guessing it's Appointments only?? Or wassup

2muchboost
02-25-2012, 12:10 PM
What's his Prices Like? And I'm guessing it's Appointments only?? Or wassup

Pretty fair.Â* IIRC $120 for alignment.Â* Corner balance is Over $200

He is usually backed up 5-10 days.

SleeperEvoX
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Great pic. Darren at West End does good work. I have gone to him for my 911. He knows his shit. Nice guy also. He is the man for many of the Porsche clubs. Good luck with your ride. You have gone to the right guy.

So this guy Darren at West End ALignment sizes up my car, asks me a few questions about my goals with the car and then proceeds to turn my car into one of the 7 wonders of the world!
Steering response is telepathic and turn in is amazing. I stayed awhile afterwards and shot the poop with him about racing. He's really cool and knows his shit.

Darren "pay attention to the back end going into t8 at 120, feel what she is trying to do, you don't want to kill a car there, especially yours. Its much too pretty for that" O0

I'll take that as a compliment!

2muchboost
02-25-2012, 11:11 PM

So this guy Darren at West End ALignment sizes up my car, asks me a few questions about my goals with the car and then proceeds to turn my car into one of the 7 wonders of the world!
Steering response is telepathic and turn in is amazing. I stayed awhile afterwards and shot the poop with him about racing. He's really cool and knows his shit.

Darren "pay attention to the back end going into t8 at 120, feel what she is trying to do, you don't want to kill a car there, especially yours. Its much too pretty for that" O0

That sounds like Darren. Great guy & great customer service.

DLo
02-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey Sleeper, you going to WSIR on 3/24? Congrats on the install.

SleeperEvoX
02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
^ of course where else can I put these bad boys to use lol. Yeah I'm signed up for the awd shootout... How about you? O0

2muchboost
02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey Sleeper, you going to WSIR on 3/24? Congrats on the install.

Heck yeah he is! Â*AWD challenge first race =)

sstevojr
02-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Darrin and his son Chris are awesome guys, extremely knowledgeable. One of the sales reps from MAP tried to knock on them to me, I've since ceased business w/MAP :tickedoff:
West-End for LIFEÂ* :knuppel2:
Side note: Nate keeps bumping his shit up, check under his hood ^-^

2muchboost
02-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Darrin and his son Chris are awesome guys, extremely knowledgeable. One of the sales reps from MAP tried to knock on them to me, I've since ceased business w/MAP :tickedoff:
West-End for LIFEÂ* :knuppel2:
Side note: Nate keeps bumping his shit up, check under his hood ^-^

LOL! Pretty sure he's going big!

EndlessOne
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM

these dudes are legit. when i first started reading i thought it was gonna go like this.

" So i went to this shop West End Alignment to have them align and set up my suspension. Darren asks me how i want the car setup and this asshole sets my car up to be a track monster! what kind of shit is this i just wanted an alignment. i went to West End Alignment and all i got was amazing handling."

about a month ago i went to them and was corner balanced and aligned. I can't believe how amazing my car can handle now. Darren and chris are badass dudes.

sstevojr
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Neutral Handling is a WAY OF LIFE!
I was there a month ago getting my new Swift Springs installed on my BC's, and Darrin says to me "the corner balancing of my a couple pounds, do you mind if we take another 20 mins to get it right?" WOW, talk about attention detail; my car is ~3700 lbs, honestly a couple pounds probably wouldn't even be noticed, but that's West End's thing. Nothing is done part way, these guys are true master at what they do O0

DLo
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
^ of course where else can I put these bad boys to use lol. Yeah I'm signed up for the awd shootout... How about you? O0

I will be there too! Got my rims and tires replaced so I should be gripping a lot better. Can't wait!

Do I have to explicitly sign up for the AWD competition, or can I do that at the track each event? Not sure I can get to the track each event, but will certainly try since I am a complete track whore now (lol).

mocohead
03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
I have been going there since the late 80's and Darin and Chris are the best! Their work is top notch and they are just very good guys. Darin instructs for my BMW CCA autocross program and has taken fast time of the day too many times to remember. He stands by his work and knows his stuff.

OP spend the time and money for a front sway bar. It works miracles! Remember that on the X, as opposed to normal cars, the ayc determines over/understeer as much as suspension does. The front sway bar just decreases how much weight training transfers to the outside front wheel and keeps the car very neutral. Especially on the track you want the car to be neutral and the FSB will get you that.

Also did you do a roll center kit when you lowered the car? If not you really need to do that ASAP. I have driven X's lowered without the roll center kit and in my opinion they handle poorly. Ymmv....

chinoxmk22
03-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Ima have to go and get my alignment there soon http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

TJHDSM
07-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Darren is a legend, I took my G37 there 2x for a sport alignment with KWs and plan on taking my Evo there when I get some suspension work done.

chinoxmk22
07-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Darren is a legend, I took my G37 there 2x for a sport alignment with KWs and plan on taking my Evo there when I get some suspension work done.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

evoX600RR
12-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Looks like i found the place to get my alignment done, where is this place located???

hyper
12-13-2012, 11:19 PM
18008 South Vermont Avenue Gardena, CA 90248

These people know customer service. They really know how to treat their customers.

EKtoEvoX
12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
18008 South Vermont Avenue Gardena, CA 90248

These people know customer service. They really know how to treat their customers.

Awesome!! I'm local to the area. Will call them after x-mas to set up an appointment:)

nechronius
01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
I had my Speed 6 aligned and corner balanced by Darin @ West End a couple of years back. Definitely top notch work. Flogged my car at Big Willow several times and it handled great.

My Speed 6 had very poorly balanced coilovers that I had a shop install but not bother adjusting/balancing. Needless to say the vehicle was off balance by roughly 600 pounds when Darin weighed it. After asking me what ride height I wanted it set to at all the corners, he proceeded to work all the math out on a sheet of paper. After a single "pass" he had the car at only 8 pounds off. Then he asked me if I had the time to spare so he could balance out the 8 pounds. He's a perfectionist. Or a lunatic. A genius lunatic.

Just a couple of quick tips when talking to Darin.

1. Back then, Darin always made appointments at least two weeks ahead of time. Don't rush the zen master and don't expect him to get you in with a "rush" request.
2. "What kind of car do you have?" He gets annoyed if you answer "Mitsubishi." Answer "2013 Evo GSR" if that's what you have.
3. Have the car in the state you want it to be at when it's balanced. If you are going to track the car with 500 pounds of cement in the trunk, then take it to him with that in there. Conversely, if you are planning on removing the jack, spare tire, etc, you may want to do this as well.
4. When you are driving the car up on the scales for corner balancing and he's signaling for you to turn the wheel one way or the other, don't let the wheel go slack until he actually signals for you to do that. Keep holding the turn that he's requested. He joked that nobody ever gets his instructions right the first time, everybody lets the wheel go slack and center.

Oh yea, and he didn't take plastic. Cash or checks only. Not sure if that's still the case.

FUEL
01-06-2013, 03:33 AM
How much does he charge roughly for set up and alignment ?

Cash is awesome .. I have lotsÂ*for my Evo :D

chinoxmk22
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
^^ I see what you did there .

CranX
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I would go to Darrin next time. My experience with Muller was horrible. HORRIBLE! the only reason i didtn get it done originally by darrin was that the power went out that day and his lift was Out of Order. I should have waited.

chebosto
01-08-2013, 11:25 PM
another +1 on Westend.. got my Evo first aligned there when i got my V3s installed and also had my 350z and 240sx aligned there as well in the past.

Darin is very patient and listens to what YOU want. just be on time...

chinoxmk22
01-17-2013, 09:55 PM
I would go to Darrin next time. My experience with Muller was horrible. HORRIBLE! the only reason i didtn get it done originally by darrin was that the power went out that day and his lift was Out of Order. I should have waited.

why was it horrible?

ericroan
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
i did align and corner balanced for my STi, handle great on the track, Chris even help me adjust my settings after every session.
great service, and knowledge. i will take my evo x over there soon!!